(Topic ID: 20602)

Going to PAPA. Playing many pins for 1st time. Which to play?

By Prkchpsndwiches

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Betelgeuse
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prkchpsndwiches.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Going to PAPA with wife for two days. Played most pins virtually. Planning on playing TOTAN, favorite virtual by far. Also plan on playing JP. Want to get the wife into it. Maybe get one for the house . What other pins are must plays and maybe others that aren't great to own but need to be tried out at least once?

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Eeep. There's no simple answer to that. The rows and rows of pins at PAPA are huge. And enticing.
    I guess my only answer is to buy some rolls of tokens, stroll around and play any game that catches your eye. Don't go by the 'popular' consensus or the virtual games--there are TONS of great, fun games to check out, new and old!

Yeah I didn't really just want to play pins only in the top 100. I figure I'll just play the few I really want to, and then whatever draws me in. I was just wondering if there were any certain pins that you wouldn't leave there without trying. Maybe something rare I won't see anywhere else.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Eeep. There's no simple answer to that. The rows and rows of pins at PAPA are huge. And enticing.
    I guess my only answer is to buy some rolls of tokens, stroll around and play any game that catches your eye. Don't go by the 'popular' consensus or the virtual games--there are TONS of great, fun games to check out, new and old!

Oh and was planning on bringing a few rolls of quarters, but I buy tokens there?

#13 11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!

3 weeks later
    #21 11 years ago

Leaving in 3-5 hours!!! Any last minute suggestions?

#24 11 years ago

Got in a bit late. Played for about 3 hours with the wife. I'll give one big pro and con so far.

Pro: Tons of pins! Crazy selection! Played every pin on my list at least once except Varkon, ran out of tokens, will play tomorrow, Jost was ooo and Orbitor 1, couldn't find it. Oh and video screens on A Div are top notch!

Con: Noise. So many people and pins I an barely hear the machines. To be expected at an event this size. Got to play Ghostbusters, but loses its luster since I can't hear a single call out.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I had heard this from a few people. At this point I just can't get the machine loud enough to really be heard clearly over all those other games. I plan to make some improvements on the loudness factor in the near future.

It's no knock to you at all! It's a great looking game. I just know you put a lot of effort into the sound and it's a shame I can't hear. I saw it was OOO for a bit today. What happened?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prkchpsndwiches.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-to-papa-playing-many-games-4-1st-time-which-to-play-1st?tu=prkchpsndwiches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.