Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Switch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Going to look at a HS in a minute. Owner says there are some problems with the sound, and one of the displays is wonky.

The upshot is that he says he's owned it since 89' and there is no playfield wear or cracks in the ramp. What do you think is a fair price, and how much should I be worried about the problems?

#2 10 years ago

Depends on the source of the sound problem. I'm relatively new, so take this with a grain of salt, but if it's a sound board problem, you're looking at a hundred bucks (or two) to replace that, barring that it isnt just some faulty wiring or loose connection. As for the wonky display, you could probably get a replacement for that as well, also barring that its not just a connection issue. Pricewise, I'd go anywhere between 900-1200 IMO. I'd wait for other pinsiders to chime in though =D

#3 10 years ago

If you get a HS with no wear, that is awesome!

A non-cracked ramp used to be a giant plus, but now with the repros available, it is not as huge of a deal.

The sound problem doesn't mean you need to go spend 200 bucks on a new board, especially if you (or someone you know) can do board work.

I replaced my displays, so no comment on that.

1200 or less, depending on condition.

#4 10 years ago

Don't worry about the LCD's - you should be able to get used replacement displays for $25 a piece, a bit more for the credit/match one. I paid $65 for one of each, shipped.

Not sure about the sound - could be an easy fix, or something much harder.

Personally I wouldn't worry about the problems if it's as nice looking as you say...it's really all about how much you want the game and the price you can get it at. If you're worried about the problems, I assume that means you aren't comfortable trying to fix/diagnose things yourself?

#5 10 years ago

I know which one you are going to look at... If the playfield is truly good then the asking price is pretty fair. The playfield typically wears in the outlanes and where the mylar ends mid-playfield. Also at the base of the ramp. The most often broken plastics are the two on either side of the ramp entrance. The next most often is the one above the center R/Y/G targets. Look for wear around the saucer hole too.

#6 10 years ago

With a HS it's all about the playfield everything else is fixable or has repro parts. If the playfield is mint and the only real problem is the sound and display It would probably $800-1000 in my area. Great playing game and one I don't see losing any value anytime soon.

#7 10 years ago

So it wasn't as excellent as I'd hoped (is it ever?), had some wear outside the Mylar, and some hacks on the power supply. but I was impressed overall. The dude was real nice, we agreed on $900 and I would rebuild the flippers on one of his games. I feel okay about the deal, not the best ever, but it'll sate my dark passenger for a while.

#8 10 years ago

Congrats.. I really liked the one I had and it was kinda rough cosmetically, but gone through and dialed 100%...Great player machine..

and I got 1000 for mine, I think you did fine

#9 10 years ago

Congrats on the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-to-look-at-a-hs-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.