(Topic ID: 23367)

Going to look at a goldeneye. Price check and things to look for?

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a South Park I'm looking to possibly trade. An offer was made to trade for a goldeneye. I've never played more than a game or two on goldeneye but I remember liking it. I'm not sure what the goldeneye goes for so id like some pricing opinions. I know condition is key so let's assume its in good condition with no playfielf wear. I'm not interested if it has wear. I'd also like to know if this pin has any problem areas, toys that commonly break or if any particular parts impossible to find? All the basic stuff like battery acid I should be able to spot on my own. Id also like to hear what everyone thinks of this pin. Is there an abbreviation for goldeneye, I would like to not spell it out all the time.lol. Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Goldeneye looks cool.

#3 11 years ago

Pin Family. Look to see if the Sat. Dish is cracked. Can buy new. Definetly lift the playfield, and check the magnet board for any fried components. They aren't available anymore. They also wear bad around the flipper buttons. The Helecopter also usually has broken parts.

I'd guess a fair price for one in average condition would be in the $1800 - 2000 range. Hope this helps.

#4 11 years ago

The held up pretty well. Mostly because they did not get much play. So what to look for would be a different pin unless it is a great deal. Look for playfield wear, broken plastics and ramp and a good DMD. Boot it yourself. Look to pay $1,200 to $1,400 anything more it will be hard to resell.

#5 11 years ago

1k for a good one. Not sure if you can find replacements for the satellite dish or bumper caps. I wanted to like it, but it was really bad. Alternative step up would be DH. I'd go that route.

#6 11 years ago

Look between the flippers, there is a magnet there, under the playfield, that stops the ball and flips it back up into play. It is the Ball save feature on that game. They are always worn there, often the divot is so deep that the ball can sit there and not roll out. Very similar to the "Sanctum" magnet and wear on Shadow. Other than that and the other issues mentioned above, it is a fun game, much better than SOuth Park to me! Great "Bond" theme to boot!

Thanks, Dave

#7 11 years ago

Sounds like my SP is worth a little more. If the conditions are equal what would be a fair trade for pin +/- cash?

#8 11 years ago

If everything works on GE, I'd say a couple hundo max.

#9 11 years ago

Crazy to see the price differences, I guess you just have to go with your gut on this one. I for one am not in it for resale value, but I do see the point. I think I paid too much for my The Getaway, but, I wanted it and I love to play it so it's worth it to me. I don't see it leaving my small collection anytime soon.

#10 11 years ago

I love my Goldeneye. It's a fun game if you get it set up right. I would sell/trade it, but I wouldn't give it away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-to-look-at-a-goldeneye-price-check-and-things-to-look-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.