(Topic ID: 56703)

Going thru Denver on Thursday 7/18... kinda pumped.

By jedimojo

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jedimojo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys. I'm doing the family truckster vacation thing next week and I'm going to make Thursday "Denver Pinball Day".
    The plan is to hit the 1Up earlier in the day... and probably head out to Lyons Classic Pinball for the evening. I've got the wife and kiddos with me so I'm not sure I want to go to the 1UP at night.

Anyways... I'm also probably going to check out Game Exchange (time permitting).
    Local advice and recommendations are welcome. Got advice on the best brew-house... let me know! Love to network with fellow Pinsiders... drop me a line if you're going to be there. I've got plans to pick up a pin and u-haul Friday morning... so if you know of any stupidly good deals... I'm all ears. (If not for me, maybe for a fellow pinsider local to me).
    Thanks guys (and gals).

#2 10 years ago

Welcome to Colorado. Lyon's classic pinball is a lot of fun and they run a top notch tourney. They tend to draw a crowd in there and the tourneys can run pretty long.....if you're winning.

But don't worry about winning...there are some great players there that are willing to beat you on any era machine.

Right next door is Oskar Blues brewery..... Each beer is better than the next.

#3 10 years ago

If you get time to go to Idaho Springs, you got to stop in on Flipper McGills place. Good food and great pinball parlor! Not to far up the street is the Tommyknocker brewery!

#4 10 years ago

Not a brewery, but Hops & Pies in the highlands. www.hopsandpie.com is one of my favorites as they have beer on tap from all over the country. Always too much good beer to choose from, and the pizza is great. If you hit Lyons, Oscar Blues is always a great choice. Great breweries everywhere here.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from jedimojo:

I've got the wife and kiddos with me so I'm not sure I want to go to the 1UP at night.

I visited 1up back in Feb during the evening. I remember getting ID'd at the entrance. Oddly enough once I got inside there were two small children playing games. Anyway, not a place I would take my kids. More of a bar atmosphere.

Lyon's is great. I thought it was a little difficult to find at night. It's basically just somebody's house or what used to be a house. It's a little cramped in there but the machines are definitely well maintained.

#6 10 years ago

Lyons Classic Pinball will be having a tourney that night, starts at 7:30. It draws a pretty good crowd in there that night.
    There are a couple games, and a ton of video games at Oscar Blues around the corner from LCP.
    If you found Oscar Blues, you have found LCP, they are 50 feet from each other.
    I have 6 machines in at The Lakewood Grill, just a bit west of denver, Avengers LE, TZ, Drac, Space Shuttle, Family Guy, and Starship Troopers.
    It would be on the way to Lyons from GEX.
    As would Backcountry Pizza in Boulder, also a place for great beer and excellent food.
    Enjoy the trip, probably see you at Lyons Thurs.!

#7 10 years ago

We operate a barcade on Pearl St in Boulder, CO. They open at noon on the weekends and it is very kid friendly until about 8pm.

Press Play, 1005 Pearl St, Boulder, CO

Current Lineup - ACDC Pro, Metallica Pro, Tron Pro, Terminator 2, Indiana Jones Stern, Dirty Harry, Getaway 2, X-men Pro & Spiderman.

#8 10 years ago

Lyon's was fun to check out. As Pindevil said, it is a little bit cramped and even rather dark in there, but the lineup there is a good one. Gotta play Joust and Hercules just for the novelty factor alone.

#9 10 years ago

I've played Hercules at the Texas pinball festival two years ago. Thanks for the advice so far folks!
    My kids aren't 'little'.....so we might just pop in at the 1up....and maybe hit Lyons right when they open. I think I can hold my own in a tourney (not win mind you...lol). I'll have to play it by ear.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-thru-denver-on-thursday-718-kinda-pumped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.