Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by fattrain
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

What's the furthest you have ever driven to pick up a pin?

#2 10 years ago

So far, 8h round trip. My max would be 18h round.

#3 10 years ago

Sacramento, CA to Chandler, AZ and back in 24 hours.

~800 miles each way

Lots of energy drinks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S. Anyone else hear Cake when they read the thread title?

#4 10 years ago

4 hours each way.. I don't know if I would do much more than that, it would depend on the deal and the pin.

#5 10 years ago

I have gone 5 hours each way I would say that is about the most unless I knew the buyer and pin well. I have never had the courage to ship.

#6 10 years ago

Drove from Long Island, NY to a town around Cincinnati, OH to trade a rescue 911 for a Haunted House...It was around 11 hours each way. Did it in one weekend, kind of sucked, but would do it again because I'm an idiot

#7 10 years ago

18 hours round trip for a BR. Couldn`t pass it up.

#8 10 years ago

6 hours each way for me. done it twice. Didn't care for it either time....but once you have the pin back home it's worth it.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

That's all that came to mind.

I drove halfway to Phoenix from Fullerton to trade a T-2 for a No Fear. We called it "The Deal in the Desert".

#10 10 years ago

Getting ready to day a 14 he round trip

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

~800 miles each way

20 MPG @ $3.50/Gal.= $280.00 + wear and tear. Ship for $350.00. Why put yourself through that?

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

20 MPG @ $3.50/Gal.= $280.00 + wear and tear. Ship for $350.00. Why put yourself through that?

Probably because he wouldn't put a forklift through his own game, or drop it off the end of a truck, or, or, or...

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Because I was trading a pin that I had to take there with me No choice...

But I was trading a 5k pin for a 6k pin so all was good

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Probably because he wouldn't put a forklift through his own game, or drop it off the end of a truck, or, or, or...

And ya, that too

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

» YouTube video

i was singing it in my head when i made the post.

Quoted from 1967Firebird:

I have gone 5 hours each way I would say that is about the most unless I knew the buyer and pin well. I have never had the courage to ship.

i havent done any shipping as of yet either.. lots of horror stories

yesterday i went 700 miles each way to pick one up.. longest 20 hours ive had in a long time but well worth it

#15 10 years ago

Back before the internets drove from STL to Cleveland for my first KISS machine. Approx 18 hours total. deal almost fell through when I arrived also.

#16 10 years ago

Went ~ 5 1/2 hours each way yesterday. Have to say that I did not hit any major traffic either way in complete. This made the trip pretty relaxing as I took a good buddy and we had a great time hangin out. Seller ended up being a super guy too. Not sure I would go any further though.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's all that came to mind. I drove halfway to Phoenix from Fullerton to trade a T-2 for a No Fear. We called it "The Deal in the Desert".

Ah yes the nooooo Fear!

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Sacramento, CA to Chandler, AZ and back in 24 hours.~800 miles each wayLots of energy drinks- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -P.S. Anyone else hear Cake when they read the thread title?» YouTube video

Which pin in AZ?

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Ah yes the nooooo Fear!

And it was hot! Nice drive on a Sunday though. No Fear is about to get it's Cointaker upgrade.

#20 10 years ago

Traded a SM for ACDC Premium

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-the-distance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.