5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Monarca1091
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-734.jpg
    image-454.jpg
    image-82.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Has anyone had any powder-coating done lately? I'm planing on doing my AFM in black and was just curious what the cost is these days. I did a JM a few years back (Can't recall price) and was hoping to try someone locally this time.

Looking for cost to do legs,rails lockdown & hinges

#2 5 years ago

My neck of the woods places have a min. of $75. Just have to bring the stuff in and get a quote.

#3 5 years ago

DO it your self its easy! http://www.eastwood.com/paints/hotcoat-powder-coating.html
    i got an electric oven that was being trashed but it worked.(free) bought the $99. set up from eastwood.and it worked great on all the parts i did for my car. havent done any pin parts yet but they are smaller than intakes, blocks and heads. eastwood has 99 powders to chose from. i recomend extra containers. bigest thing cleaning gun and carefull not mix or get powder dust and contaminate colors. spray/ then 450 degrees when powder starts to flow another 10 minutes and done. small parts can use a toaster oven larger parts can use halogen lights. no worries practice on any thing metal. have at it!

#5 5 years ago

Anyone try the HF powder coat set up?

#7 5 years ago

Do it your self and save money. You just need a big enough oven to cook the parts. DO NOT use an oven that you plan to cook in afterwards.

#8 5 years ago

When I get my garage done I'm gonna get me one of those.

#9 5 years ago

The oven is the key .I don't plan to powder coat a lot ,so for me just dropping off a few parts and coming back a week later works better.
    I was a home builder for 25 years and I would tell friends on occasion " sometimes it's better to just write the check".

#10 5 years ago

Got some powder coating done 2 days ago. Came to $3 per metre in a silver metallic color. Minimum is normally $50.

#11 5 years ago

Well I guess your question hasn't been answered yet,so I will check back on this as I too am curious.
    Sounds like it will be at least a Benjamin or two.

#12 5 years ago

If they stock the color you have a full set 150-200 if you bring your own powder $150 range.

#13 5 years ago

#14 5 years ago

I just had two sets of trim done by Matt at http://www.backalleycreations.com/. AFM and Addams Family. All done in black gloss. I had (4) rails, (2) lock down bars, (4) hinges, (4) hinge carriage pivot bolts, (16) leg bolts and (8) legs done. He even did the Addams plunger house all for $250. These are spring projects. I unwrapped a couple items to inspect them and they look fantastic. Matt also wrapped every individual piece in foam wrap and then bubble wrap. Turn around time was extremely fast. I priced local shops and they wanted more for one machine than I paid for both. I will be sending my Monster Bash trim out next.

#15 5 years ago

108 for everything in Calgary

#16 5 years ago

Does pinchroma still do powder coating for pinsiders?

#17 5 years ago

pinchroma quoted me $300 a machine.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

For single or 2 stage?

#19 5 years ago

Single stage being it was black gloss.

#20 5 years ago

Skypilot,

Pricing on powder coat work is across the board in process, as I've known some guys just to shoot over top of existing finish (chrome) and others to do it right. Here's what to look for in a provider.

- all parts should be media blasted to remove old finish and provide a mechanical tooth for the new coating.

- parts should then be chemically cleaned and fumed off in an oven to insure the cleanest possible base

- Powder application should be a multi coat process, with steel parts receiving a primer base then color. Some finishes may also require a top coat of clear to achieve the desired result.

Coaters will charge based on the powder selected, number of coats to achieve the finish, masking required, and convenience (if they are running this color and can easily put your parts in line).

I'm about an hour south of you and the rate for powder application here for the complete process would be around $125 for the parts listed. If you have the parts blasted and clean, figure on half that.

#21 5 years ago

We had 12 pieces done. Single stage on 3 ramp habitrails, 2 stage on lock bar, rails and legs. 150$ for in stock colors. Turned out awesome!

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Does that include legs also?

#23 5 years ago

I just did my spiderman , paid 130

image-82.jpg image-454.jpg image-734.jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 75.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 89.99
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Forever
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside