Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by daley
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a friend wanting to sell me her STTNG. I have not seen it yet but they have had it 10 years huo. Before that i dont know.I know 1 flipper and 1 cannon are not working. They are players and never maintained it. I am hoping they at least changed the batteries. What range is this game going for now. I know thry price shopped it on ebay. I have told them that is not a true price range to go by.

#2 10 years ago

Condition is king and even though this is a dirty example it will probably clean up real well.

I would say take some pics if you can to let us judge but going in blind I say 3,800 - 4,000 is fair.

#3 10 years ago

range of the one you are looking at could be as low as $2000 and as high as maybe $3000.

Its not clean and it needs work. Rolling the dice to how much work.

A clean working players should bring $3500 or so

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

range of the one you are looking at could be as low as $2000

honestly i would buy at least two STTNG at 2k a piece if i saw them at that price

#5 10 years ago

i don't think $3800-$4000 is fair for a dirty, broken STTNG. $4k is basically what a reasonably clean and fully working one goes for. very clean, very nice examples get into the mid $4000s often.

i also think $2000 isa little too low. $2500-$3200 sounds fair to me (sight unseen). your seller has to understand that her game is not in the same condition as the ones that really do sell for $4k (which are fully working and cleaned up), and that e-bay is for suckers.

this game has been neglected for 10 years. it is no doubt very dirty, rubbers are shot, i guarantee some switches need fixing, and you already know one flipper and cannon don't work. does she have the keys?

#6 10 years ago

haha holy shit i just glanced at ebay out of curiosity. every STTNG on there is $5500 or more, and one is listed at $9000 and another at $6500. the $9000 one has LEDs, though, so i guess that explains the $5000 markup.

i hope your friend isn't expecting to get those kinds of numbers for her machine.

#7 10 years ago

She has the keys, I already told her that ebay are stupid prices not true market. I hope to see it within the next day or so so I will know more then.

#8 10 years ago

I've seen quite a few games asking 4000 to 4500 lately. These were all claimed to be 100% working, and some with LEDs.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't think $3800-$4000 is fair for a dirty, broken STTNG. $4k is basically what a reasonably clean and fully working one goes for. very clean, very nice examples get into the mid $4000s often.

Okay 2,500 sight unseen. I think most of us would buy it for that price sight unseen in the condition the OP has portrayed.

Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

She has the keys, I already told her that ebay are stupid prices not true market. I hope to see it within the next day or so so I will know more then.

Yeah try to get some pics on this thread and we will see. If this is your friend you could spend 3 hours helping her clean up the table and making adjustments so she doesn't have to sell the game for a routed beater price.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

range of the one you are looking at could be as low as $2000 and as high as maybe $3000.
Its not clean and it needs work. Rolling the dice to how much work.
A clean working players should bring $3500 or so

I don't know, that may be a little low. Full disclaimer - I do have one but am trading it. Having said that, I would buy as many routed/dirty STTNG's at 3K that I could.

#11 10 years ago

A good deal would be $3000, anything less would be excellent. New cannon harnesses and a new trough opto board and you should be good to go. Flipper is probably a broken wire on the coil.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't know, that may be a little low. Full disclaimer - . Having said that, I would buy as many routed/dirty STTNG's at 3K that I could.

CaptainNeo, care to comment?

If you are buying dirty routed at 3, what would you sell it for when it was time to unload? 4 plus?

my anecdotal opinion is that players aren't selling at the 4 plus range?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

CaptainNeo, care to comment?
If you are buying dirty routed at 3, what would you sell it for when it was time to unload? 4 plus?
my anecdotal opinion is that players aren't selling at the 4 plus range?

If they have clean (unworn) playfields they are.

I paid 4k for mine a year ago. Nice playfield, nice cab, some mods and LED's. Best money I've spent on pinball so far.

#14 10 years ago

No such thing, the "O" in "HUO" stands for only.

Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

they have had it 10 years huo.

I would bet my STTNG they didn't.

Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I am hoping they at least changed the batteries.

#15 10 years ago

I just sold one for $4200. It was 100% working and the playfield and cabinet were in nice shape. I thought that was a fair price when I listed it and the buyer must of thought so too because I sold it in a day and a half.

QSS

#17 10 years ago

$2,500-$3k for a dirty one is fair.. I didn't say beat up or worn play field, just dirty..

#18 10 years ago

3800 - 4300 in nice shape and working around here. With repairs and a shop job needed (considering no wear on of and cabinet not gouged to $ hi* ) ide pay 3000-3200 but people still want 3600 for them and usually get it. People who buy the beaters really don't consider their time in adjustin v the cost for repairs.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I just sold one for $4200. It was 100% working and the playfield and cabinet were in nice shape. I thought that was a fair price when I listed it and the buyer must of thought so too because I sold it in a day and a half.
QSS

Yep,and now it has laser cannons,ColorDMD, pinblades,and custom painted Borg ship

#20 10 years ago

For what it's worth, I have over $5k in mine, but it is in excellent shape, has the color DMD, upgraded speakers, etc.

#21 10 years ago

mods don't add sale value equivalent to their cost though.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

No they don't,but they are cool

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Yep,and now it has laser cannons,ColorDMD, pinblades,and custom painted Borg ship

Cool, I'd like to see that.

QSS

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

No they don't,but they are cool

oh indeed! my STTNG has tons of stuff. laser dome cannons, purple translucent flipper bats, custom klingon and romulan ship, custom shuttlecraft that lights up when Holodeck sim is lit, colordmd, underglow, LED OCD and a bunch more.

#25 10 years ago

A working players machine will ber $3750 - $4K. Problems and needing a shop job would take off $500 as long as it isn't too bad.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Cool, I'd like to see that.
QSS

Come on by,and give it a try

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

In most cases, no, which is one reason why I always lose money selling pins! Fortunately, the color DMD is transferable, so I could hang onto that rather than give it away. Not that I am selling my STTNG anytime soon.

#28 10 years ago

I sold mine a few months back that was really nice with lots of mods for $4300. If they are players and never maintain it I'd honestly offer $2800 and go from there. Work with them and maybe they'll hook it up on price and you can put the sweat equity into it!. Good luck!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

oh indeed! my STTNG has tons of stuff. laser dome cannons, purple translucent flipper bats, custom klingon and romulan ship, custom shuttlecraft that lights up when Holodeck sim is lit, colordmd, underglow, LED OCD and a bunch more.

Ditto + custom painted Borg ship......except I still need to install the Romulan ship and the shuttlecraft. If I could only keep one mod it would be the color DMD.....it's a great addition to this title.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

They don't, but some do pretty good. ColorDMD definitely adds to the value IMHO.

#31 10 years ago

I agree, the color dmd adds a lot to this game. I've thought about getting the lane extenders and laser cannons but I am afraid that will change the game play too much.

I paid $3k for mine about 2 years ago. Everything is in nice shape except it could use new decals on the side of the head.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I've thought about getting the lane extenders and laser cannons but I am afraid that will change the game play too much.

They really don't.

#33 10 years ago

The lane extenders are not even a 1/4 inch longer,still lose the ball a lot
You can still miss with the lasers,but it does help when you get used to them.
I know play better ,at least this way I'm not bending over to line up my cannon shots.

#34 10 years ago

colorDMD and LEDOCD are my two favorite mods. also pretty proud of my rio grande shuttlecraft mod, but it's no ColorDMD/LEDOCD

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-sttng-mod-functional-shuttlecraft-uss-rio-grande

#35 10 years ago

In the 2s, unshopped

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

In the 2s, unshopped

......................in 2008

#37 10 years ago

Any more than 3k is very dangerous, you have at least 500-1000 bucks in replacements or shop. nice versions push the 4-5k range. Good Luck!

#38 10 years ago

$3200

#39 10 years ago

Okay, going to look at it either Sunday or Monday. She has owned it for the last 15 years and is only the 2nd owner. Everything works but what I listed earlier. Has never changed the batteries so hopefully the previous owner removed it from the CPU at least. I will report back in. Any game specific wear areas to look for?

#40 10 years ago

Neutral zone get worn fast in this game! The subway system can have problems with the switches and optos. AS far as complicated machines you are talking about one of the most complicated ever! There are tons of parts and possible issues. I would try to get the game for cheap and keep in mind you will no doubt have some issues.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Any game specific wear areas to look for?

Shield inserts, neutral zone wear, and broken ramps are the biggest common wear problems on STTNG.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.95
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-rate-for-a-sttng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.