(Topic ID: 320178)

Going rate for a playfield swap and restencil?

By Tomass

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I am going to help a friend restore his Bobby Orr by swapping to a CPR playfield and resencilling his cabinet. What is a fair rate considering he is buying all the parts. We are also installing yopsicles to make his lighting more reliable. I am also polishing all parts during the swap to make it as professional as I can. Mostly looking for other's thoughts on a fair price so we can go from there. Any input is appreciated.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I am going to help a friend restore his Bobby Orr...

I don't know if "helping" is the correct term

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know if "helping" is the correct term

Good point. I guess I meant helping out a friend.

#4 1 year ago

Enjoy helping him out. Then he can enjoy helping you out in the future.

#5 1 year ago

I personally never want/expect to be paid for my time helping out friends because I know the day will come (and it has) where I need help doing something and they're there for me. In most cases, it's pizza & beers while working on pins and enjoying the company. Other times with big jobs it has been a steak/seafood dinner and drinks at our favorite restaurants once the work is completed or cooking up our favorite foods on the grill with a cooler filled up with our favorite beverages.

#6 1 year ago

Charge by the hour?

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm:

I personally never want/expect to be paid for my time helping out friends because I know the day will come (and it has) where I need help doing something and they're there for me. In most cases, it's pizza & beers while working on pins and enjoying the company. Other times with big jobs it has been a steak/seafood dinner and drinks at our favorite restaurants once the work is completed or cooking up our favorite foods on the grill with a cooler filled up with our favorite beverages.

I understand, just looking for a going rate and we can work it out from there.

#8 1 year ago

400 for a pinbuddy. For everything.

That's a good price for a friend.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from rod90:Enjoy helping him out. Then he can enjoy helping you out in the future.

Quoted from gjm:

I mean we're talking like 25 hrs minimum to do the pf swap and restencil the cab. That's a lot of work for a few beers. Certainly, generous anyway.

#10 1 year ago

I guess it all depends on how much of a friend the friend is

#11 1 year ago

I am looking for the going rate these days and we can work it out from there. I will likely have over 100 hours into this project given prior restorations I have done on my own games.

#12 1 year ago

If you took it to a restoration business that job would probably be a few thousand. 3k? 5k? Thinking what other trades cost like plumbers, electricians. And this is also high skill level job.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-rate-for-a-playfield-swap-and-restencil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.