Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

Do what I did, open a barcade. Make those machines of yours make money for you.
    I don't miss Corporate America one bit after 13 months. Looking for location #2 right now.

That spoils the hobby for many by doing that, works for some I guess.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

If his first priority is making a living or securing his future, then love for the hobby should take a backseat anyway.
    As far as spoiling Pinball, the people I know that felt this way didn't go all in - they started a side hustle and kept their day job. Too much sweat, not enough reward.
    It is very liberating to go all in. I did a lot of planning and research before I jumped and that paid off. I also didn't do it 'for the love of pinball, ' I did it to build a real business and make real money. A year later I'm looking to expand in the middle of a recession.
    I had real expectations and goals, not (just) that romantic pinball dream that almost all of us have had at least once.
    Although I don't play as much pinball today as I used to, I still love it.
    As far as the interview, GL. With your experience in your own business, you should be interviewing them. Since you will be working for someone else for the first time, you are going to really need to like the people and team you will see everyday. You can and should be very selective.

Glad it's working for you and you enjoy it, not the case for everyone. He already said he doesn't have to work so his hobby doesn't need to take a backseat to anything unless it was his dream to operate and maintain games.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manadams.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-on-my-first-job-interview-in-35-years?tu=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.