8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pecos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

So, swallowing pride here as I thought I would figure this out on my own, but I need the Pinside techie wizards before I have a mental breakdown.

Working on a Williams Dealers Choice project. I have schematic, manual, and have the machine alive, but keeping getting stuck here:

1. Press credit button - machine resets, all good
2. Press credit button again - lights 2 players, still all good, except:
3. The score motor stops short of home position*, so pressing credit button does nothing, and
4. If I switch machine off and on, credit button does nothing until I manually rotate to home position, at which point I'm back to step 1 above

If after step 2, I manually advance score motor to home, then credit button advances to player 3 correctly, but score motor stops short again.

And, sometimes after step 1, the score motor over runs the home position!

*I'm assuming home is when switches on Index cam "drop" into one of the two cut-outs, thus making switch A on Index, required for credit circuit to work.

There are other problems (some score reels not resetting, drained ball zeros bonus but does not kick-out/advance ball count) but I figured I concentrate one one thing at a time!!

Sorry for the long post, but tried to get all the details in.

Any thoughts folks?

#6 8 years ago

First, thanks for the replies. It was so weird with only occurring on player 2 that I went back to EM basics and cleaned and checked every relay, play-field & score motor switch, and...it now advanced correctly.

An (obvious) lesson learned - when you get an EM project there are no shortcuts; you have to clean every stepper, relay, switch...and be patient.

The machine is not 100%, but its a lot closer now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet Parts
PinBall Reborn
Cabinet parts
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-nuts-with-a-williamswould-love-help?tu=4max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.