View topic image gallery

image-297.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG
#1 10 years ago

How am I going to put this thing back together again?!?
Should I keep going and just make sure that I put all the parts in a safe spot?!?
I need support and therapy that all will be well.
Do I just say "F___ I_" and keep going and send this out for Clear Coat!?!?

Next thing you know I'll be buying a tumbler, polishing playfield parts, doing dishes with Star Posts and showering with my wire harness!

Help Me!

IMG_2498.JPGIMG_2498.JPG IMG_2499.JPGIMG_2499.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Keep going and at least Treasure Cove the playfield.

#3 10 years ago

I am right behind you Aladin...tearing mine down this weekend. My wife thought I had "lost leave of my senses"...lol

I was going to get the TC kit but then when I had to send a personal check rather than paypal or credit card, I got lazy...

#4 10 years ago

Seriously! I've done a Party Zone, PB 35th and a Bally Star Trek but how do people know how to put this thing back together again?
I guess lots of photos.

#5 10 years ago

I haven't had to tear mine down other than to pull off ramps for cleaning a little bit and some plastic replacements, but I salute all of you that are or have done this game!

+1 on the Treasure Cove. It works and I'm very cynical. Perfect time and you can do any other or future games. Will do easy 8-12 machines.

#6 10 years ago

Hats off to the Operator I bought this from.
This pin saw every bar in Summit County, CO in its life.
I can't believe how great of shape it's in. He
must have used tons of wax and new balls.

#7 10 years ago

I just shopped A creature Monday with a buddy. It took about 4.5 hours. It looked like your first pic, all the way down to the playfield. I just used some windex to get the fine dirt and dust off. then Novice 2 on everything including plastics, habitrails and ramps. The ramps had the Novice treatment on all sides inside and out. Then I use Mequires car wax as the last step on everything. Then assemble. The tricky plastic to put back on is the one in the upper left corner. All new bulbs on top with white rubber and red flipper rubber. It looks great. Have fun with yours.

#8 10 years ago

This is also a perfect time to add a led bulb mod to the pop bumpers and maybe green lights to the ramps and bowl.

#9 10 years ago

good luck...big shop job

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I am right behind you Aladin...tearing mine down this weekend. My wife thought I had "lost leave of my senses"...lol
I was going to get the TC kit but then when I had to send a personal check rather than paypal or credit card, I got lazy...

LOL, I did too but when my friend offered to split the cost, I was motivated. He shipped before he even cashed it. Not sure if it's normal practice, but was shocked. I think I mailed out the check on a Friday and got it the following Friday.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

good luck...big shop job

WHAT!? That's not support! "Good Luck", that's like when the Pilot says he doesn't have any fuel left and the Tower says, "good luck"!

Oh crap what have I done

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

WHAT!? That's not support! "Good Luck", that's like when the Pilot says he doesn't have any fuel left and the Tower says, "good luck"!
Oh crap what have I done

'Don't worry, be Happy',

O yes, Good Luck,,,, you will need it.

#13 10 years ago

Ask for pictures of specific areas from the CFTBL owners if you need help figuring it out...

#14 10 years ago

Go all the way. I have started mine and so your not alone. I am even re-painting my cabinet. You'll be glad you did it once you get it finished. Had to send my board out today as it was damaged around the "F" but it will be nice once I get it back. Whatever is left on it take photos many many photos

#15 10 years ago

Recently restored my creature and took plenty of pics. Let me know if you need anything. Good luck. PS - used Treasure Cove and it looks amazing. Just don't get it on the lagoon window.

#16 10 years ago

High-end restore?

Suggest Dremel with the "special pinball" attachments...

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Oh crap what have I done

Looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing NOVUS 2...

#18 10 years ago

a tip that I can provide if you're going to wax the playfield, is this:

when you're all done polishing, remove the playfield window and clean out all of the built-up wax that will accumulate between it and the hole in the playfield. I recently removed the window on my original playfield and couldn't believe just how much filthy and hardened gunk was built up in the gap between the window and the playfield hole.

you'll have to re-level the window when you put it all back together, but at that point, you may also want to replace the 6 rubber rings that act as "floating" bushings

#19 10 years ago

@dfmassi...just ordered my TC kit...glad you mentioned the lagoon...whats the best to use on the Lagoon?

#20 10 years ago

oh..and lowepg...special attachment for the Dremel?

EDIT: lol, just read the dremel thread..."scratch that" question...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Give allen a call on the phone, I just paypaled him last week for a kit.

#22 10 years ago

Good luck! CFTBL is not that bad hell it aint no WH20 or ST:TNG!

I just did this last weekend to my CFTBL with Zucot, took a couple hours. Make sure to add some LEDS in those pop bumpers it really makes a difference. Good luck and keep the pictures coming

#23 10 years ago

Haha! Got that Dremel joke! I'm just going for it and taking everything off the PF. Thanks guys for the TC referral. I think that would clean up my DE PB 35th too. I'll post pics here and ask for help later! I also am trying the Plastix Headlight product on the window. It works pretty well but I'm not so concerned with that seeing that it will just scratch back up in no time.
I wasn't going to do the bumper mod since the call out is "hey it's dark in here!", but I think it would look nice with the teal bumper caps and lights.
BTW-After fixing the lockdown bar holes, Bondo is what I'm sniffing now!!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

BTW-After fixing the lockdown bar holes, Bondo is what I'm sniffing now!!

#25 10 years ago

Here's a shot of the snack bar hole. I bought a Cliffy to protect it. The Cliffy does a good job of covering up the damage, but according to LTG I need to "do it right!"
That SOB! Guess now I've got to get some wood epoxy!
Thanks a lot LTG!

Disclaimer- I did use sarcasm in the above post and no animals were injured.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Seriously! I've done a Party Zone, PB 35th and a Bally Star Trek but how do people know how to put this thing back together again?
I guess lots of photos.

I like taking video myself... it's helpful to tell yourself the details in the video rather than trying to get those perfect images/fighting flash/etc. I just work on a section, then take a quick 30 second 'tour' of what I just did, highlighting any iffy things and things I know I need to pay attention to. I agument with photos when needed.. but I found the videos much quicker and more helpful for myself.

#27 10 years ago

Good point. Videos would be a good idea. I'm going to set up a second table for the rest of the playfield. I figure if I do this with two-stages, I'll be able to assemble the ball guides, pop bumpers, etc first, then work on the ramp sections.
If that doesn't work, I'm changing the thread's subject to: "FS-Project CFTBL"

5 months later
#28 10 years ago

Everything is finally put back together. That took five months. Well worth it though. Thanks for all the help.
This is such a great pinball.

#29 10 years ago

Forgot that I flame polished the ramps! Those ball trails were dug in like an Alabama Tick.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Aladdin:

Those ball trails were dug in like an Alabama Tick.

good predator reference.

#32 10 years ago

Here is the best shot I've got. It will show the before and after flame polish. The before is on the bottom. See how clear the yellow is below the ramp.
image-297.jpgimage-297.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/going-all-the-way-cftbl-playfield-cleaning-and-polish and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.