IMG_20220417_100439242_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100429441_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100410953_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100357865_HDR (resized).jpg
8BE51EAE-8F9B-49B7-B64B-03EE9F6F9372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Goin Nuts Pinball machine (resized).jpeg
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I'm helping a friend to sell his original 1983 Goin' Nuts pinball machine. This is a rare one, with only 10 produced by Gottlieb. Does anyone know what the value is of one of these? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Goin Nuts Pinball machine (resized).jpegGoin Nuts Pinball machine (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

No idea, but Im ready!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Me too!

#4 6 years ago

I just played this on my pinball arcade app... so cool to see one on here!

#5 6 years ago

One of my favorite games ever. So underrated. I'm going to cry if there's been on in the same state for the past 10 years. Now, if only I had a spare 15 Gs laying around

#6 6 years ago

Damn, wrong coast. How you going to get it out of that attic?

#7 6 years ago

Not sure if someone knows when the last one traded hands and what it went for?

#8 6 years ago

I’d say well over 12k

#9 6 years ago

I guess all the super rare pins aren’t accounted for lol

#10 6 years ago

A lot... contact fattrain or Dayhuff

#11 6 years ago

Talk to dayhuff. He'll likely give you good value and the public can play it once a year

#12 6 years ago

What did Steve Charlands end up going for?

#13 6 years ago

Interesting, you have a 34 year old pinball machine without a speck of dust on it in a freshly constructed attic without so much as a single other object anywhere else to be seen. Usually old stuff has a proportionate amount of other old crap around it. Please, bring us up to speed on the history. This is fun stuff.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

What did Steve Charlands end up going for?

The family has decided to hang on to it.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Interesting, you have a 34 year old pinball machine without a speck of dust on it in a freshly constructed attic without so much as a single other object anywhere else to be seen. Usually old stuff has a proportionate amount of other old crap around it. Please, bring us up to speed on the history. This is fun stuff.

I'm kinda shocked. It's in Boston and u or I don't know the seller

#16 6 years ago

Super cool. Will be following this thread.

#18 6 years ago

Would love to hear the backstory on this one.

#19 6 years ago

About $20. I'm going to need an address.

#20 6 years ago

I’d love to see this go up on eBay and see where it ends auction style.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

you have a 34 year old pinball machine without a speck of dust on it in a freshly constructed attic without so much as a single other object anywhere else to be seen.

Looks like the sidewall of an A-frame house...unless they put a pool table in the attic as well

#22 6 years ago

I met someone who sold one a few years back. I think they said they sold it for $12K but I'm not positive.

#23 6 years ago

come for the pricechecks, stay for the CSI

#24 6 years ago

I know of 2 that sold for $21,000 each .

#25 6 years ago

$21k?!!! It's fun, but it ain't $20k fun!!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

$21k?!!! It's fun, but it ain't $20k fun!!

Just owning an extremely rare pin is often fun enough for a collector going after games like this . Goin' Nuts is also a pretty good player with a unique ruleset .

#27 6 years ago

I remember talking with Steve Charland 3 years ago or so and he had told me that it was his goin nuts that was used as the loaner game for the pinball arcade. Just sharing some cool pinball trivia with the group.
That and one more reminder of why Blown Fuse Steve was so awesome. I really miss him.

#28 6 years ago

Contact me via PM, if you wish you to know price ranges of private sales that have occurred in the past 20 or so years for examples of this game that exchanged hands. Most were undocumented. Previous information in the early 90s is spotty due to lack of communication. A couple of the original games were located during this period.

Additional photos would be required to conduct comparisons with other examples in order to provide a fair assessment of current economic value. I would not recommend having the owner keep the game in the attic as it remains difficult to climate control properly. Too hot or too cold.

#29 6 years ago

Quick sale between 12k and 15k. Holding out for someone with deep pockets will be between 15k and 20k. We would love to have a publicised price when it does sell.
-Mike

#30 6 years ago

Does it even work or have boards?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I know of 2 that sold for $21,000 each .

trilogybeer Really, that much? Imagine if the same person bought them both, now that would be really crazy

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

trilogybeer Really, that much? Imagine if the same person bought them both, now that would be really crazy

That would be Goin' Nuts wouldn't it?

#33 6 years ago

21k is a wild figure. More power to those who can afford to go that high though. I’d go as high as $12,000 on something like this that is unrestored, assuming it was fully functional and what not. Would be cool to have one.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

21k is a wild figure. More power to those who can afford to go that high though. I’d go as high as $12,000 on something like this that is unrestored, assuming it was fully functional and what not. Would be cool to have one.

It’s basically home use, like all of them. Likely won’t need restoring just a little tlc. Would be nice to know if it works or not.

#35 6 years ago

If I get this I will bring it to Dayhuff’s for all to play.

#36 6 years ago

I would think one would sell fairly easily in the 15k-20k range without too much waiting around.

It is one of the rarer games in existence. It’s also pretty fun and unique.

Following this for sure.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I would think one would sell fairly easily in the 15k-20k range without too much waiting around.
It is one of the rarer games in existence. It’s also pretty fun and unique.
Following this for sure.

Yeah. It’s kind of like magic girl. Except it’s complete. And it works. And it’s fun. And the mere mention of it doesn’t send hundreds of suckered customers into a rage or tears.

I would agree $20,000 shouldn’t be too tough especially if it works. Non-working $15,000 easy as it’s likely cosmetically close to mint.

#38 6 years ago

has anyone gotten a reply from the seller?

asking for a friend

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

has anyone gotten a reply from the seller?
asking for a friend

No, and I’m not jumping the gun, but this area is infamous for fake ads just to get a rise out of people. There’s about an ad a week that is just some idiot with nothing better to do than waste peoples time. I however have a felling this one is legit.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

No, and I’m not jumping the gun, but this area is infamous for fake ads just to get a rise out of people. There’s about an ad a week that is just some idiot with nothing better to do than waste peoples time. I however have a felling this one is legit.

Lol. There was a fake Krull ad on the west coast that hilariously blew up RGP 10 years back.

#41 6 years ago

This is my dads goin' nuts that was his game before being swapped out. Any idea on cost. We set up all his play fields and back glasses today for sale.

IMG_4962 (resized).JPGIMG_4962 (resized).JPG

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Blownfuse_Spawn:

This is my dads goin' nuts that was his game before being swapped out. Any idea on cost. We set up all his play fields and back glasses today for sale.

No idea but I’m interested. Just started unintentionally collecting playfields. Where are you selling them?

#43 6 years ago

We are in The East Bay in CA but I'm relocation his collection that we are keeping to Boise

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

No idea but I’m interested. Just started unintentionally collecting playfields. Where are you selling them?

That would be cool to have.
-Mike

#45 6 years ago

Set up where? Would be interesting to see them all.

#46 6 years ago

Really innovative game. Timed games were an experiment that didn't really work, but this one is fun once you learn its tricks. I'm thinking at least 20K if fully working.

#47 6 years ago

We are in The East Bay in CA but I'm relocation his collection that we are keeping to Boise

Are you selling stuff on Ebay, local Craig's list, or here on Pinside?

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would agree $20,000 shouldn’t be too tough especially if it works. Non-working $15,000 easy as it’s likely cosmetically close to mint.

$5000 less if it doesn't work?? Who cares if it works or not?? All of that is easily fixable and if you can afford the money for the game then you can surely afford a few hundred more to get the game working.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

If I get this I will bring it to Dayhuff’s for all to play.

Giddy up!!

John
BTW: I've not heard from the seller at all......

#49 6 years ago

$56,284.

#50 6 years ago

I think you might be $84 too high!

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goin-nuts?hl=blownfuse_spawn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.