IMG_20220417_100439242_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100429441_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100410953_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100357865_HDR (resized).jpg
8BE51EAE-8F9B-49B7-B64B-03EE9F6F9372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Goin Nuts Pinball machine (resized).jpeg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

8BE51EAE-8F9B-49B7-B64B-03EE9F6F9372 (resized).jpeg8BE51EAE-8F9B-49B7-B64B-03EE9F6F9372 (resized).jpeg

#52 6 years ago

I wish this topic was goin nuts.......but it seems that it's goin nowhere.......

#53 6 years ago

Doesn't look too serious.....OP hasn't been back, unless I missed the post.

#54 6 years ago

Looks like you guys got punked

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Interesting, you have a 34 year old pinball machine without a speck of dust on it in a freshly constructed attic without so much as a single other object anywhere else to be seen.

Should've known!

#56 6 years ago

Only one post, signed in on the 30th, and didn't even check or respond to the only thread started?

It could be real but.......Just seems a little odd.

Or...Someone caught them in a PM and they just dropped the whole subject....That could be too!

#57 6 years ago

I played one at AtomicChuck it was a blast to play, so cool!

#58 6 years ago

I'm guessing it's gone via PM.

#59 6 years ago

I'm guessing the OP is long gone... time to flush this thread...unvisited anyone??

1 week later
#60 6 years ago

Any one know what happened to this game? Just curious.

2 months later
#61 6 years ago

Id bet money It was sold shortly after posting here. Not to me (unfortunately). Would loved to see better pics of it to see how it fared through the years.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Would loved to see better pics of it to see how it fared through the years.

Me too. I love seeing rare games like this pop up, but once they sell it seems they just vanish.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Me too. I love seeing rare games like this pop up, but once they sell it seems they just vanish.

I got it. Send your offers in

#64 6 years ago

Best gameplay video that isn't Pinball Arcade, from the PHoF in Vegas:

It's like EM pinball on crack. No objective, just shoot everything as fast as you can. Wonder if it would have made production if not for the industry crash in '83.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from jfre81:

Best gameplay video that isn't Pinball Arcade, from the PHoF in Vegas:
» YouTube video
It's like EM pinball on crack. No objective, just shoot everything as fast as you can. Wonder if it would have made production if not for the industry crash in '83.

No objective??? It must have been a video of someone that does not know how to play the game . No objective is completely false .

#66 6 years ago

This would be a good remake candidate

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

This would be a good remake candidate

If they slap a license on it, and redesign the Got. boards, that might work.

#68 6 years ago

I would kill to own one, and it is about the only game I would ever buy NIB. I think this game is so under-rated, and too many guys disregard it cuz of the cutsie Squirrel on backglass. Nothing in pinball is harder than trying to gain back time on the clock, especially working your way back up to the upper playfield to hit the locked ball. Love it.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

No objective??? It must have been a video of someone that does not know how to play the game . No objective is completely false .

OK, so that video is not showing the score or the timer, or the whole PF at once. So I pulled up the Pinball Arcade trial version to at least understand the rules, and played until I reached my scoring limit. The objective, such as it is, is basically to keep balls in play and hit targets, and build up time from keeping two or more from draining. Not false, but about as basic as they come. I suppose the strategic approach, rather than just flailing at balls on three areas of the PF at once, is to catch a ball on a left flipper and use the right flipper button (controlling three flippers) to do the lifting, trying to keep the other(s) off the lower flippers as long as possible.

Not sure how operators would have turned a profit with a skilled pin player being able to go a long time with a constant multiball beating on every rubber and target at a frenetic pace. I was a small child when this would have entered production. I might have thought a box throwing out three balls on startup (without a shooter rod) was the coolest thing in the arcade. That probably would be Goin' Nuts' niche.

4 years later
#70 1 year ago

just got back from Boise ID and grabbed Steve Charland's (Blown Fuse) Goin' Nuts from his daughter and wife. So the one on the owners map in the Bay area is now here in Reno. So we still only know where 5 of them are, even though it shows 6. I will probably have it a the GSPF next month. Here's the text from my FB and Instagram post I just put up:

To my non pinhead friends, this is the definition of a pinball unicorn. 10 made in 1983, right before Gottlieb was sold to Mylstar. It never went into production. This is one of 5 known to still exist, it's highly coveted and there are hardcore pinheads who have never even see one of these in person. There are now 2 in Nevada, 1 in Illinois, 1 in Spain and 1 in France. That's it. The gentleman that last owned it was a near and dear friend of mine and a legend in the pinball community. His name was Steve Charland, R.I.P., and he was known as Mr. System 80 (which this is one of them). It was the gem of his collection, and it's now the gem of my collection. If I wasn't known as Rare Mike before, I certainly am now. That's funny because I'm a well done guy..... Thanks for reading, and happy zombie Jesus day!

Thank you Amber and Cathy! <3

IMG_20220417_100357865_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100357865_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100410953_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100410953_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100429441_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100429441_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100439242_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100439242_HDR (resized).jpg
#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

just got back from Boise ID and grabbed Steve Charland's (Blown Fuse) Goin' Nuts from his daughter and wife. So the one on the owners map in the Bay area is now here in Reno. So we still only know where 5 of them are, even though it shows 6. I will probably have it a the GSPF next month. Here's the text from my FB and Instagram post I just put up:
To my non pinhead friends, this is the definition of a pinball unicorn. 10 made in 1983, right before Gottlieb was sold to Mylstar. It never went into production. This is one of 5 known to still exist, it's highly coveted and there are hardcore pinheads who have never even see one of these in person. There are now 2 in Nevada, 1 in Illinois, 1 in Spain and 1 in France. That's it. The gentleman that last owned it was a near and dear friend of mine and a legend in the pinball community. His name was Steve Charland, R.I.P., and he was known as Mr. System 80 (which this is one of them). It was the gem of his collection, and it's now the gem of my collection. If I wasn't known as Rare Mike before, I certainly am now. That's funny because I'm a well done guy..... Thanks for reading, and happy zombie Jesus day!
Thank you Amber and Cathy! <3
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations, glad it's going to a fellow pinhead. Never seen one of those jn person. I bought Steve's fully restored Rocky from Amber and it is super nice.

#72 1 year ago

I know where three are that are not on your list

#73 1 year ago

I know one in a private collection in Michigan.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Tell us more!

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I know one in a private collection in Michigan.

See if that person will start a Pinside profile and add it to the list!

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Congratulations, glad it's going to a fellow pinhead. Never seen one of those jn person. I bought Steve's fully restored Rocky from Amber and it is super nice.

Next year, at the GSPF, we are all going to bring our Steve Charland games and get them in a row! I think we'll have at least 15. Can you bring yours?

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Next year, at the GSPF, we are all going to bring our Steve Charland games and get them in a row! I think we'll have at least 15. Can you bring yours?

I will certainly try that sounds awesome. Maybe his wife and daughter can attend that would be great

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I remember when you brought one to MGC. I know was either sold at that time or soon after. It was rad to see one at a show! I won some dollar games on it even after losing my pants.

#79 1 year ago

sorry cant really do anything other than say i know where they are. The collectors wish to remain anonymous, otherwise if you post what you have on here, people will message trying to buy, etc

#80 1 year ago

I know of one up in the Chicago area. It is in a very nice collection with several unicorns. I got to play it several years ago when I liquidated some of my prototypes that are now in the collection. It was a blast to play and very addictive. It would be a great game to reproduce and I think Steve Young would be on board and have anything needed.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

sorry cant really do anything other than say i know where they are. The collectors wish to remain anonymous, otherwise if you post what you have on here, people will message trying to buy, etc

Yeah. That would be terrible. Having to tell them no....

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

I will certainly try that sounds awesome. Maybe his wife and daughter can attend that would be great

They plan on being there.

8 months later
#83 1 year ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Last I knew, there were 2 in New England. One in Mass.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Last I knew, there were 2 in New England. One in Mass.

And 1 that's been dead for almost 2 years in Vegas at PHOf.
Also 1 just sold recently at Captain's auction in Anaheim. I believe with buyers prem it went for 7k.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

And 1 that's been dead for almost 2 years in Vegas at PHOf.
Also 1 just sold recently at Captain's auction in Anaheim. I believe with buyers prem it went for 7k.

Yeah, I was offered one for 15k and 30k respectively and it’s just a bit silly.
Goin’ Nuts is cool and all until you actually have to pony up some G’s for a Mediocre System 80.

Most I’d pay is 5k, because I genuinely like it for what it is, while still being pragmatic. They sell for reasonable prices, the issue is nearly all of the 9 owners don’t want to sell!

#86 1 year ago

Greetings,

If someone thinks maybe it's time for their machine to go to a new owner and would like it to visit the Rocky Mountains, let me know~!
I would not be in the silly range, but I could see somewhere in the 5 - 10 spread without too much problem (Condition would play a role of course). Or maybe trade it for one of the newer games, that you really like the theme of, like 007.

I had a chance to spend about 40 minutes with it at the old PHOF. Some friends and I really enjoyed it. There was the novelty of course and the odd flipper positions. But we has some really fun, enjoyable, quick games. Maybe part of it was because I was with friends but we had a great time with it.

It was a much better time than our experience with Q-bert's Quest. We gave it a good effort a number of times and it just seemed unplayable. There was no smoothness or continuity of play. In the videos it doesn't look as bad as it felt, so maybe it was that specific machine or how it was configured.

For some reason I am drawn toward the unusual games. I guess I enjoy sharing them with others at out little local show.

Like I say, if anyone wants to discuss the possibility let me know.

#87 1 year ago

Lol....

'Totally willing to pay WAY under market value!'

11 months later
#88 84 days ago

Hello!

I played a digital recreation of this game on PC not long ago and I had the strongest Deja-vu. I'm aware of only 10 being ever made but I recognized the lack of the shooter rod/button and the timed 3 ball multiball right away. I have vivid memory of playing this game. Is it possible that one would would have ended up at either a Chuck E Cheeses, or "Discovery Zone" near Cincinati, Ohio in the early to mid 90's? I swear I remember playing one as a very young kid. Statistically speaking it's near impossible for this to have happened. I'm wondering how in the world I could have possibly remembered this game from my childhood. (early to mid 90's)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 37.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Inner Orbit Pinball
Unisex
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goin-nuts/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.