View topic image gallery

IMG_20220417_100439242_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100429441_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100410953_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20220417_100357865_HDR (resized).jpg
20150404_130635.jpg
image-856.jpg
#1 9 years ago

It's a unique and interesting game very different than most games . You start every ball with a multiball and build up time , when you are down to your last ball the game becomes timed and you can restart a multiball by hitting certain shots . Collect acorns with the drop target banks . This thread is for those who have been lucky enough to play this rare game .

#2 9 years ago

One of my all time favorite games. Really a shame they never made it. I've only played the one at the PHOF, but it's just tremendous--truly challenging, especially re-claiming the multiball before the clock runs out. Great concept.

#3 9 years ago

Really unique. No outlanes either. Any idea what the ones out there are worth?

#4 9 years ago

I think somewhere around $15,000 - $20,000

#5 9 years ago

Bust a nut

image-856.jpgimage-856.jpg
#6 9 years ago

I'm ashamed to say as much as a Gottlieb fanatic I am - just couldn't get into this one.

I might have to give it another chance since it was a while ago I played it. I'm just not into the instant multiball games for gameplay, neither *timed* games. That being said... I wouldn't mind owning one.

Is it me or does it seem like a plethora of these are in the midwest?

#8 9 years ago

7 pop bumpers in one pinball machine, that's Nuts!

#9 9 years ago

I'd like to find a better backglass for mine. The NOS one I bought years ago came shipped in pieces.

Steve

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I'd like to find a better backglass for mine. The NOS one I bought years ago came shipped in pieces.

Man that sucks ! Don't know if the backglasses are as rare as the game but I bet they sure aren't easy to get ahold of a NOS one .

#11 9 years ago

I played it on TPA but didn't know what the heck I was doing...I'll have to try again.

#12 9 years ago

Love that game. I also love LIONMAN, just in case you didn't know.

#13 9 years ago

There is a hole in the back of my shirt and Doug's says "Whitwater" on the back...

7 months later
#14 9 years ago

Squirrel eating upside down , he's goin nuts .

20150404_130635.jpg20150404_130635.jpg
#15 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Squirrel eating upside down , he's goin nuts .

20150404_130635.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That's funny

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from trudert9:

.... Any idea what the ones out there are worth?

One at Pin-A-Go-Go a few years back with flaky backglass asking $800

#17 9 years ago

As far as I know, my Goin' Nuts has been the only one at PAGG and it's never been for sale. Yes, the backglass is flaky and I'm always looking for a better replacement.

Steve

Quoted from balzofsteel:

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Good Gawd, I would have nabbed that!

#19 9 years ago

More than likely, someone has their information incorrect. I've never had my GN for sale at PAGG. This must be a late April Fools prank.

Steve

Quoted from Schusler:

Good Gawd, I would have nabbed that!

#20 9 years ago

How dare you dash my dreams Steve!

On a serious note, Steve would you say 7k+ for one?

#21 9 years ago

Maybe someone else would sell theirs for that but I wouldn't. Heck a Spirit went for 10K last year and there are more of them.

Steve

#22 9 years ago

Hey Guys,
I am trying to track down sound ROMs for my friends GN. Would you have any leads on this? Do you know anyone that has dumped them to a ROM file?

Thanks!

--Scott

#23 9 years ago

Hi Scott,
I have the files for sound and CPU boards. PM an email address and I'll send them to you.

Steve

#24 9 years ago

Steve, you are amazing. Thank you.
--Scott

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Steve, you are amazing. Thank you.
--Scott

I just wanted to agree that Steve is amazing and a great asset to the community!

Brad

#26 9 years ago

It's going to be so awesome to play that game with sound . Looking forward to winning some dollars on it .

#27 9 years ago

Thanks Scott, you're awesome according to a shirt and thanks Steve !

#28 9 years ago

That shirt speaks the truth.

#29 9 years ago

I also could use a new backglass, I think Greatwich has the art

7 years later
#30 2 years ago

just got back from Boise ID and grabbed Steve Charland's (Blown Fuse) Goin' Nuts from his daughter and wife. So the one on the owners map in the Bay area is now here in Reno. So we still only know where 5 of them are, even though it shows 6. I will probably have it a the GSPF next month. Here's the text from my FB and Instagram post I just put up:

To my non pinhead friends, this is the definition of a pinball unicorn. 10 made in 1983, right before Gottlieb was sold to Mylstar. It never went into production. This is one of 5 known to still exist, it's highly coveted and there are hardcore pinheads who have never even see one of these in person. There are now 2 in Nevada, 1 in Illinois, 1 in Spain and 1 in France. That's it. The gentleman that last owned it was a near and dear friend of mine and a legend in the pinball community. His name was Steve Charland, R.I.P., and he was known as Mr. System 80 (which this is one of them). It was the gem of his collection, and it's now the gem of my collection. If I wasn't known as Rare Mike before, I certainly am now. That's funny because I'm a well done guy..... Thanks for reading, and happy zombie Jesus day!

Thank you Amber and Cathy! <3

IMG_20220417_100357865_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100357865_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100410953_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100410953_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100429441_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100429441_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100439242_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220417_100439242_HDR (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goin-nuts-fan-club-squirrels-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.