(Topic ID: 5622)

Goin crazy! Need some help with plastics!

By DarthPinhead

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Ok so I was cleaning my WWF Royal Rumble and couldnt get a certain screw out that was holding one of the plastics down. Well after about 30 mins of trying to get the screw out I lifted the plastic up just a little bit and wouldnt ya know I snapped the plastic in 3!!! Ive posted on here and RGP lookin for this plastic piece ( Its the big blue one underneath the lefty plastic ramp) and I cant find it anywhere. My question is: Can I glue it back together? If so what kind of adhesive works best? Its kind of hidden under the ramp so it doesnt need to look perfect. Its driving me crazy that its missing lol. When I got this pin she was a huge mess and Ive cleaned her up pretty good but she is still issing that piece lol!! Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

I havent had much success gluing plastics back together. You can try making your own "plastic protector" for that piece and attaching the existing plastic on top. This should work well and look ok, especially if its mostly hidden.

#3 12 years ago

you might be able to sandwich the pf plastic between two thin pieces of lexan until you can find a replacement?

#4 12 years ago

I have had success using crazy glue on a plastic (It was a larger T3 plastic that was underneath a couple ramps). It does leave a haze in the surrounding area. Use VERY Sparingly, to control the haze, and make sure that all parts are somehow "locked together tight" for about 24 hours before "unlocking".

Remember, at this point, you don't have anything to lose The haze would suck on a new piece, right now, it's an improvement. Don't forget that whatever the pressure was that broke it before will indefinately do it again, unless you are able to install it easier than it was before (remove any screws that will put pressure on the plastic before trying to reinstall).

#5 12 years ago

If you use the c/a glue which is crazy glue, you can go to hobby shop and get a med. or thick which would be much easier to work with. But as others said ...if it was that fragile it will probably not hold. Good luck!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

you might be able to sandwich the pf plastic between two thin pieces of lexan until you can find a replacement?

This is what I would try first. CA always frosts on me. I better make sure I do not break any of the plastics on my WWF.

#7 12 years ago

fyi,
wwf and hundreds of other other pins have NO replacement plastics available (being produced currently). i'm dying over trying to find 1 for my demo man right now. i'm hoping Jersey Jack taking over the rights to Williams/bally will be 'reissueing' plastics for many 80 and 90s williams and bally machines.....we'll see

good luck on your project. i'd fabricate another pieceunder the original piece that broke into 3 pieces maybe. or just fabricate another piece to replace the broken one until you (fingers crossed) find a replacement plastic.

#8 12 years ago

So get 2 pieces of lexan around the same size and glue one to each side of the plastic?

#9 12 years ago

no I wouldn't glue anything - however you might need slightly longer screws if they were over tightened over the years by previous owners?
what does it look like anyway?

#10 12 years ago

Ill post some pics tonight when I get home from work or tomorrow

#11 12 years ago

cool man
it's worked for me a few time by cutting slightly larger in Dia. you protect it from ball strikes
I do most of my sling shots with one piece slightly larger -looks better then the lexan washer trick.

#12 12 years ago

no I wouldn't glue anything -

Don't glue, just sandwitch with longer screws.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/goin-crazy-need-some-help-with-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.