Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TomGWI
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

44082889.jpg
    image-839.jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I spoke to Rick of Planetary Pinball / Bay Area Amusements and he said there may very well may be an "epic announcement" made by he and Matt of Planetary at this year's Pin-a-Go-Go Pinball Show this weekend. If you ask any questions, please don't expect me to answer them, I have told you what I know and won't be back on here...now I need to get back to fixing a pin.
    Have at it!
    thanks,
    Brad, Pin-a-Go-Go
    http://www.pinagogo.org

#2 9 years ago

Another announcement of an announcement

#3 9 years ago

I spoke to the sister of a friend of my brother's boss and she said that if her husband goes to the convenience store on his way home and picks the right six numbers for the Powerball that there will be an epic announcement on Wednesday.

I know you said not to expect any questions answered, but if you could please tell me what you expect the winning numbers to be, I'll try to convince him not to pick them as I don't think I could handle the stress of another epic announcement.

Thanks.

#4 9 years ago

Epic fail.

#5 9 years ago

what a coincidence, my posterior just made an epic announcement regarding the burrito I had for lunch today.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I spoke to the sister of a friend of my brother's boss and she said that if her husband goes to the convenience store on his way home and picks the right six numbers for the Powerball that there will be an epic announcement on Wednesday.
    I know you said not to expect any questions answered, but if you could please tell me what you expect the winning numbers to be, I'll try to convince him not to pick them as I don't think I could handle the stress of another epic announcement.
    Thanks.

Hey Jim... won't you be in Lyons this weekend anyway?

#7 9 years ago

let me guess... they bought up all the rights and property of IPB and will be making a new remake?

title to be announced at a later date.

#8 9 years ago

Wow, tough crowd. I look forward to te epic news break. See you at pagg.

#10 9 years ago

Yep, who wants to take bets on BBB being remade?

#11 9 years ago

This is an epic pre epic announcement!

#12 9 years ago

How did this "epic announcement" crap start anyway? I remember it having to do something with JJP. Also everytime I hear it I think of the movie "Epic". Lol

Most likely candidates for the Bug Movie Announcement are remakes of Big Bang Bar or Monster Bash. Maybe AFM but Big Bang Bar seems a lot more likely. Or they could announce a new catalogue of replacement parts.

#13 9 years ago

The only things that could make this announcement of an announcement more epic would be Vanilla Ice and TMNT dancers.

#14 9 years ago

I find it unlikely PPS would announce a "next" title when they haven't even started delivering MMr yet. But that's just *my* opinion.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This is an epic pre epic announcement!

This isn't the greatest song ever written; this is just a tribute.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

I find it unlikely PPS would announce a "next" title when they haven't even started delivering MMr yet. But that's just *my* opinion.

Ha! JJP had no problem taking people's money for The Hobbit before making the delivery of the first title WOZ. Must be nice to have collectors fund your businesses cash flow. ....just sayin

#17 9 years ago

Nothing to see here move on to the next thread.

#18 9 years ago

Ok everyone, give brad a little break, he's the guy that puts PAGG on and most likely just wants to create some excitement around the event. I for one welcome it.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

This isn't the greatest song ever written; this is just a tribute.

Swing and a miss. "This is not the greatest song in the world, no, this is just a tribute"

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Hey Jim... won't you be in Lyons this weekend anyway?

Why, yes, I should be.

I guess I have my own "epic" announcement!

(Actually I do - STLE Pinball Refinery Edition #1 ships to me this week!)

#21 9 years ago

I bet it involves WPC 2.0 versus an additional remake

#23 9 years ago

What if it's that he bought the IPB rights and he's doing Kingpin instead?

#24 9 years ago

Brad ... I think I had refined that on the call with you to a 'sub-epic' announcement. In that context, there is alot that could be considered sub-epic (like the particular black trim, etc)

rick

#25 9 years ago

Raven remake imminent.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Swing and a miss. "This is not the greatest song in the world, no, this is just a tribute"
    » YouTube video

Thanks, dick.

#27 9 years ago

Ah sub-epic...

So you're saying AFM is next then

#28 9 years ago

Oh great, I won't be at the show so I'll never know what it is.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

the particular black trim

For a lot of people, that in itself would be epic.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Brad ... I think I had refined that on the call with you to a 'sub-epic' announcement. In that context, there is alot that could be considered sub-epic (like the particular black trim, etc)
    rick

Rick, I for one thank you for listening to the customer feedback regarding this pre-announcement announcement and revising the pre-announcement accordingly.

#32 9 years ago

It's certainly the announcement of the CC remake to ship by year end. Woot!

#33 9 years ago

The word "Epic" is so overplayed and abused. It should be frowned upon like buying a Mustang LE pin. But if this announcement is going to be something special, I welcome it with "non-epic" arms.

#34 9 years ago

As usual, we are listening to your feedback and would classify this as 'we might have a sub-epic' announcement on or before PAGG ... but if we do we will do our best to surprise you, as any pre-announcement of an announcement might be miscontrued as an announcement itself ...

#35 9 years ago

Epic: PPS is remaking AFM, BBB and CC

Sub-epic: PPS is remaking Popeye, Gilligan's Island and Congo

#36 9 years ago

Another club....great. Epic announcement club: members only

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

rick

Hopefully the announcement is not that everyone's $7000 is due.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

As usual, we are listening to your feedback and would classify this as 'we might have a sub-epic' announcement on or before PAGG ... but if we do we will do our best to surprise you, as any pre-announcement of an announcement might be miscontrued as an announcement itself ...

So, if this is a pre-announcement of an announcement and not the announcement itself, then any chance you have of surprising us with the sub-epic announcement of the announcement would be that the announcement itself is in fact EPIC, thus accomplishing your goal of surprising us (as intended) all, we were thinking the actual announcement was sub-epic and not truly epic. Unless of course your goal of surprise was to infact surprise us, then all of this is a trick.... Red pill or blue pill...I forget... damn....

#39 9 years ago

I believe you are on the right track Kerry. This is a pre-pre-announcment of a pre-announcment and then we will get an actaul announcment. I for one am on the edge of my seat. This may or may not be a pre-announcement of an announcement on my part. After the PPS announcment, or pre-announcment, I may or may not make an announcment. But I will tell you all I love announcments, and the only thing I love more than announcments are announcments of announcments and I'm just happy to be able to announce my announcment of a pre-announcment along with PPS's pre-pre-announcment.

#40 9 years ago

I'll go ahead and put all the rumors and speculation to rest .
    PPS is remaking Hollywood Heat .

#41 9 years ago

Mr Do video game remake!

#42 9 years ago

With the almost sudden movement of a few BBB's being put on the market lately, I'd guess yes.

#43 9 years ago

Can't wait for the 'epic' announcement of a $9999.99 BBB remake

#44 9 years ago

WOZECLE 76th anniversary not red edition?

#45 9 years ago

Any of the two:
    - Unexpected Scared Stiff Remade... USSR
    - Cactus Canyon Continued Progressively... CCCP

#46 9 years ago

F14 playfields are finally ready?

#47 9 years ago

NorCal,
    I am happily awaiting the pay now message as it means the game will arrive shortly.

#48 9 years ago

Wow these are some crazy announcement ideas, here I was just hoping for MMR final details and projected start of manufacture. Seems the most appropriate (and realistic). Or something to do with MMR anyway. I will be anxious to hear as well.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Wow these are some crazy announcement ideas, here I was just hoping for MMR final details and projected start of manufacture. Seems the most appropriate (and realistic).

Most appropriate? Most realistic? You know you're on Pinside right?

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Wow these are some crazy announcement ideas, here I was just hoping for MMR final details and projected start of manufacture. Seems the most appropriate (and realistic). Or something to do with MMR anyway. I will be anxious to hear as well.

That would be classified as an epic announcement on the Groin & Pullum scale. Rick is talking about a sub-epic announcement, much lower on the scale.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gogo-epic-announcement-by-pps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.