Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.09.11 AM (resized).png
    4B816B6D-9AA3-4896-AF99-36F586F48CAE (resized).jpeg
    817C2F32-ABB3-4A4D-BF8F-D3504C97BA2D (resized).jpeg
    BE9911F0-0972-40E8-89E6-511EEC3927A6 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5839 (resized).jpg
    logan_back (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#27 4 years ago

Wow how quickly people turn. I do agree, they should be looking to sell some games, but let's be realistic, it might not be the best time to try to do that. I mean, as with everything, it's their right to ask. If people give them money, so be it. You have the right to not give money and not feel guilty about it.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Let’s all start a gofundme.

Well, that could be the most realistic/telling popularity contest ever.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

The responsible thing these businesses can do is fire/lay off their whole staff so they can quickly access the overloaded unemployment system. Unemployment in times of crisis can last up to 52 weeks, how long will $16k last amongst 25 people? The later the jump you get on your benefits, the longer it will take. Typically it's a one month process. Who knows what it is now...
    I am about to file for lost wages today so I'll let you all know.

I believe part of the package is they are waiving the waiting period.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Reminded me of this take on “bailouts”:
    Bailing out cruise lines? They fly under a foreign flag to avoid U.S. taxes, they don't pay many of their employees near minimum wage, they don't follow EPA standards. Get right with America first before being bailed out.

Many people disagree with my take on bailouts. I feel if you are going to tout capitalism as the greatest thing ever, then you should be willing to live with the negative side effects such as failing and going out of business. Generally bad business decisions are the reason for it in the first place. One of the first things you are taught as a youngster is personal responsibility. People get caught up on the 'but all the people who work for them', much like 'think of the children'. It's a hard reality people don't want to think about. I don't trust any large company to do what is right for their employees, because they are just numbers that can be adjusted later.

*note, this is a generalization and not related to current events. The virus epidemic is not the same thing as the bank issues in 2008.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

That's the danger of replying to a post without reading below it yet. You beat me to the response.

No it isn't. But in purely fiscal terms the aftermath will be much the same. When the crisis is over, who gets the most "help"?

There seems to be some confusion about that really. I know where it will go if the populous doesn't take a stand.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

He's doing well; new problem now seizures [quoted image]

That looks exactly like our dog. Mini Schnauzer?

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Can we f****g talk about something else already?

How bout them chiefs! oh...wait...

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

To the management who is supposedly looking for ways to generate income to pays his employees.
    Take down that stupid cash grab, whether you put it up or not, stop redirecting and saying its for the employees benefit.
    You wanna generate $$$$$ for your workers wage........ instead of asking for a handout give each person a gift card of equal value for what they donate. " Its called selling value " Cash is in your pocket ready to diperse for all your financial needs
    It also gets them in the door, pays wages and maybe even a little extra cash in your pocket.
    WOW took me all of 10 minutes to figure out this fantastic idea.

What if the gift card manufacturers are shut down? Then what?

/s

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gofundme-for-logan-arcade?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.