Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.09.11 AM (resized).png
    4B816B6D-9AA3-4896-AF99-36F586F48CAE (resized).jpeg
    817C2F32-ABB3-4A4D-BF8F-D3504C97BA2D (resized).jpeg
    BE9911F0-0972-40E8-89E6-511EEC3927A6 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5839 (resized).jpg
    logan_back (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 4 years ago

I realize a number of pinball locations are already feeling the impact of shutdowns, including Chicago's own Logan Arcade. The machines and staff at the location are great, I'm proud to call Melissa a friend and appreciate her support for the charity. I wanted to share if you'd be interested in helping out.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/logan-arcade-staff-relief-fund

If you aren't in the area or never have been, they've hosted a number of live streams you may have seen. Thanks for taking the time to read the post.

Brad
    logan_back (resized).jpglogan_back (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

isn't tomorrow the first day for the bars to close?

As of Monday night per the governor they are closed and saying for now at least until March 30th.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Could they not raise the money needed ( if its needed by the owner) by selling 2 of those pinball machines to regain the 10k trying to be raised? Sorry but I see a lot of money in pinball machines there.

I imagine that could be an option, I don't know the specifics of their business and just wanted to share the link to those who might want to take a look. My willingness to help the business is based on personal experience.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

So let me get this straight...... The guy has 150k worth of games and you want people to pay his wages because tough financial times have just started to hit.
    Sell games , honestly there are way more people struggling that don't have this kind of disposable $$$$$$ coin laying around,
    Sorry but thats my feelings on this subject. Help the folks that can't buy food.

It was initiated by the general manager, the owner is making adjustments including selling games. I apologize if my post appeared to be soliciting sympatahy for the location. I wanted to present the information, as there is a lot going on in terms of Chicago Service Relief:

https://chicagoservicerelief.com/

I don't know how many of these locations have assets that can be liquidated for temporary relief. I've heard the same is going on in other cities. And I agree, being willing and able to help those in need in any way possible is a great idea. Also many don't think to volunteer time at food pantries, I have found that to be rewarding. I appreciate you reading the thread and offering some honest opinions. Thanks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gofundme-for-logan-arcade?tu=jellikit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.