Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.09.11 AM (resized).png
    4B816B6D-9AA3-4896-AF99-36F586F48CAE (resized).jpeg
    817C2F32-ABB3-4A4D-BF8F-D3504C97BA2D (resized).jpeg
    BE9911F0-0972-40E8-89E6-511EEC3927A6 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5839 (resized).jpg
    logan_back (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jahbarron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#40 4 years ago

The responsible thing these businesses can do is fire/lay off their whole staff so they can quickly access the overloaded unemployment system. Unemployment in times of crisis can last up to 52 weeks, how long will $16k last amongst 25 people? The later the jump you get on your benefits, the longer it will take. Typically it's a one month process. Who knows what it is now...

I am about to file for lost wages today so I'll let you all know.

#52 4 years ago

To be fair, I don't think it's time to start liquidating assets. I think we're all hoping to be open in the next two weeks & back on our feet shortly after that. Being in said industry, I have seen numerous GFMs started up by employees of many beloved establishments. Hopefully, everyone has filed an unemployment claim by now.

If this goes on for two months, we're all fucked.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

This guy gets it!!! Exactly!!! Liquidate for now & later on you'll hopefully make it back... but this gofundme shit needs to seriously stop have some dignity!!
    Recently, my dog needed surgery 4,600 I had TWD pro so I sold it!! Ummmm ya did I want to no of course not; but I have some respect for myself & I don't expect others to help me unless there's absolutely no other solution.

GFM wasn't started by the owner of Logan Arcade.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Okay; but IMO people should save GFM for the folks that truly are in need.

Cute doggo!

I fully agree with this sentiment. I have been equally critical of GFMs, but understand that a lot of people (esp in expensive cities where it's nearly impossible to live on service industry wages) work exclusively on tips. We recorded every dollar so we will be receiving proper wage compensation. I feel for those who didn't report a good majority of their cash tips. Hopefully, they saved the extra cash they pocketed.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

lol, seriously?

can you elaborate what you're laughing out loud at? That people don't always claim their full cash tips amount?

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

They must have received some benefit from not reporting their tips already wouldn't you agree?

I do agree. I was referring to filing for unemployment on tipped wages now that we're in a bit of a crisis.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

No hope, bleak, come on Lloyd..... please . Maybe Id buy a few machines off him at the right price if he gives the 16k from the go fund me back to the folks that donated. Im sure other pinsiders would too. But asking for money when he has more than most because he wants to keep all of his material belongings at the expense of others.... DISGUSTING IMO, 70 plus frgn games!!!

Again, GFM not started by the owner.

#76 4 years ago

My foot tastes good.

Anyway, great arcade and people! Best of luck to everyone around the world.

#112 4 years ago

Can we f***g talk about something else already?

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

I, as a Logan regular, appreciated being able to help my pals immediately replace lost tips. Simple as that. Wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions and would focus on kindness with all this going on

This guy thumbs downs me when I ask that we focus on other topics rather than Logan Arcade. LOL. Eat a 8=D, wlf_ .
    Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.09.11 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.09.11 AM (resized).png

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

This is a thread about helping the staff at Logan Arcade. If youd like to talk about other stuff, maybe try the 1,000 other threads.

This was a post about helping the staff at Logan Arcade and has turned into a Pinside thread shitting on Logan Arcade.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You do realize they didn't start it or ask ?

Thank you.

Fact is that this was posted by the arcade and the bar GM on their personal networks & then shared here by a patron who thought he was doing a good thing. And then Pinside happened...

Can't be worse than RGP in 2008, though!

#135 4 years ago

They didn’t post it here, though. Brad did, fooled that this was a community, and then Logan faced criticism they didn’t even ask for. That’s my point.

#138 4 years ago

At least you can go to work. I’m locked up & sitting here arguing on Pinside with idle hands while slowly losing my mind.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jahbarron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gofundme-for-logan-arcade?tu=jahbarron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.