11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.09.11 AM (resized).png
    4B816B6D-9AA3-4896-AF99-36F586F48CAE (resized).jpeg
    817C2F32-ABB3-4A4D-BF8F-D3504C97BA2D (resized).jpeg
    BE9911F0-0972-40E8-89E6-511EEC3927A6 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5839 (resized).jpg
    logan_back (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 months ago
    Quoted from TheHueManatee:

The owner is asking everyone else to sacrifice but them. Quite frankly, it's tacky and embarrassing.
    And the whole analogy of a kitchen selling off their restaurant equipment doesn't equate. When you have 30 machines you can sacrifice 2 and still operate. So nice try rationalizing his greed.

Even though I like the place and posted above, I wholeheartedly agree with this.

It’s like Otaku all over again, just on a larger scale and with more expensive games that could be liquidated.

#102 11 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I was out in Chicago last April and stopped by to play and hang out. Cool place. I don’t want to start donating funds until I see how this all pans out. But if my life is fine and they are struggling in a week or two, I will donate.
    They had a real nice Radical that was hoppin and played fantastic.[quoted image][quoted image]

OMG, they ruined that Radical with that god awful purple led job.
    Sell that one first!

#103 11 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

OMG, they ruined that Radical with that god awful purple led job.
    Sell that one first!

Or just sell the Pinstadiums to cover someones salary for at least a week.

#104 11 months ago

A lot of piling on here, I was expecting this "well just sell games!" in "The “temporarily closed or worried about having to close my arcade” thread …", not this one :/

Nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe they are selling games, maybe they dont actually own all games, maybe they're leveraged? I genuinely dont know, nor does anyone here.

I, as a Logan regular, appreciated being able to help my pals immediately replace lost tips. Simple as that. Wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions and would focus on kindness with all this going on

#105 11 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I was out in Chicago last April and stopped by to play and hang out. ...

Hope your Rods & Cons have healed!

Poor radical

#106 11 months ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

A lot of piling on here, I was expecting this "well just sell games!" in "The “temporarily closed or worried about having to close my arcade” thread …", not this one :/
    Nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe they are selling games, maybe they dont actually own all games, maybe they're leveraged? I genuinely dont know, nor does anyone here.

I love the place, and said I might even donate in a week or two once the smoke clears, if it even does and they still need it.

That being said, people here aren’t telling them to liquidate their entire inventory. If they need 10 or 15K, that’s three of their new machines. When you have 30 or 40, that’s not going to make the place look empty, and they will still have plenty of games for patrons.

The reality is a lot of people are hurting and out of work right now, and have uncertain economic futures. So asking for donations at a time like this, in my opinion, is just in bad taste unless you are scrounging for scraps of food....or toilet paper.

#107 11 months ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

I, as a Logan regular, appreciated being able to help my pals immediately replace lost tips. Simple as that. Wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions and would focus on kindness with all this going on

The reality is this gofundme sounds solidly like it is to support the staff, not the business.

I am not of gofundme, esp for business. However, this is for the bar backs, tenders, maintainence techs, etc...

All good people! Actually, great people!

This is very different than some of the other Gofundmes popping up for actual business owners of venues looking to ask for donations to keep afloat.
    To each their own, but a gofundme for a business to stay afloat seems off. Esp when their are individuals and many of them going to need it more.

Selling off games would be the #1 thing if the actual business.

Hell, I would be surprised not to see many arcades and bararcades selling off some games immediately. Many are very tight on funds, and that shoul dbe the first thing and way to generate some immediate revenue. You can always buy back when things improve.

#108 11 months ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

Wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions and would focus on kindness with all this going on

This.

Even if anyone doesn't need the money. When things look as bad as they are right now, and may get worse. You don't know how much a few bucks or kind words can help people.

You can choose to contribute or not. And to what or who, or not. But please during this trying time. Don't kick people when they are down.

I gave a man $20 yesterday. Which I can't afford right now. I've known him for years, and his world is crumbling around him. I don't think he really needed the money. I was investing in lifting his spirits. To let him know people care.

Lloyd

#109 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

To let him know people care.

often the most important thing!

thanks LTG!

#110 11 months ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hell, I would be surprised not to see many arcades and bararcades selling off some games immediately.

That is where I'll be if the closing lasts longer than the mandated 10 days.

Quite a few people have wanted to run gofundmes for me. I turned them down. I didn't ask for the one Kris started for my refresh years ago, I did benefit from it. So I don't want to go to the well again.

I'm not in a position to help others right now. I would contribute if I could.

And I'd give them a kind word or two to lift their spirits. Until you live through something like this, you don't realize how far a little kindness goes.

LTG : )

#111 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

This.
    Even if anyone doesn't need the money. When things look as bad as they are right now, and may get worse. You don't know how much a few bucks or kind words can help people.
    You can choose to contribute or not. And to what or who, or not. But please during this trying time. Don't kick people when they are down.
    I gave a man $20 yesterday. Which I can't afford right now. I've known him for years, and his world is crumbling around him. I don't think he really needed the money. I was investing in lifting his spirits. To let him know people care.
    Lloyd

Sorry Lloyd but being mindful of how donated money is actually being used and ensuring that it goes to those that really need it is not a bad thing.

#112 11 months ago

Can we f***g talk about something else already?

#113 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is where I'll be if the closing lasts longer than the mandated 10 days.
    Quite a few people have wanted to run gofundmes for me. I turned them down. I didn't ask for the one Kris started for my refresh years ago, I did benefit from it. So I don't want to go to the well again.
    I'm not in a position to help others right now. I would contribute if I could.
    And I'd give them a kind word or two to lift their spirits. Until you live through something like this, you don't realize how far a little kindness goes.

You know I respect you Lloyd, and always love your posts and technical help/expertise. You're a tremendous asset to our community, and sound like an overall great guy in general.

I just paid $28 for a woman in line in front of me at the grocery store yesterday because she couldn't afford all of her items (they all looked necessary). Had no problem helping out. And as a medic, my squad is facing a severe lack of PPE because the supplies are becoming exhausted as people apparently need to wear gloves to clean their countertops at home, yet I'm still treating patients and putting myself at risk.

I give plenty, and expect others to. The reality is that some people just don't. I shouldn't be categorized with the selfish people that don't do anything to help out others, and sadly, there are plenty of them.

#114 11 months ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Can we f****g talk about something else already?

You Bet.

#115 11 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:Hope your Rods & Cons have healed!
    Poor radical

Boy that Radical, love the game, love how that one plays, those LEDs are rooough though. I have sensitive vision and my rods and cones hate that one. Theres also a T2 at Logan that has LED flashers for the multiball start, I lose a year of my life every MB. Rest of the games are tastefully lit though. I even understand, a lot of people like Pinstadiums and LEDs, so it is good to have a mix. Not for me though

#116 11 months ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

Theres also a T2 at Logan that has LED flashers for the multiball start, I lose a year of my life every MB.

I've played that one too. BRUTAL! Like shooting daggers through your cornea.

#117 11 months ago

There should be federal relief on the way for businesses like this that are impacted by government-mandated shutdowns. The same for employees of these same businesses. So, some temporary help should get them through this tough patch.

Am I a fan of the GoFundMe? No. It's a bad look, but I understand the thought behind it.

#118 11 months ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

This guy thumbs downs me when I ask that we focus on other topics rather than Logan Arcade. LOL. Eat a 8=D, wlf_ .
    Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.09.11 AM (resized).png

#119 11 months ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

This guy thumbs downs me when I ask that we focus on other topics rather than Logan Arcade. LOL. Eat a 8=D, wlf_ .

This is a thread about helping the staff at Logan Arcade. If youd like to talk about other stuff, maybe try the 1,000 other threads.

I'm glad I quoted you before you or a moderator edited your comment. You're a real class act.

Gosh, theres real great people like LTG Whysnow etc etc, but these anon guys are bad news. I list my full name and location and treat people here as I would face to face. Wish more would do the same.

#120 11 months ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

This is a thread about helping the staff at Logan Arcade. If youd like to talk about other stuff, maybe try the 1,000 other threads.

This was a post about helping the staff at Logan Arcade and has turned into a Pinside thread shitting on Logan Arcade.

#121 11 months ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

[quoted image]

Yeah well apparently he doesn't care how donated money is used and if it goes to people that really need it either.

Quoted from pipes:

Sorry Lloyd but being mindful of how donated money is actually being used and ensuring that it goes to those that really need it is not a bad thing.

Big thumbs down from wlf.

#122 11 months ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Can we f****g talk about something else already?

How bout them chiefs! oh...wait...

#123 11 months ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I have no problem with people doing their due diligence and investigating if something is worth it to them, to donate or not.

And if this was a gofundme thread like the guy new to Pinside and wanting to raise money to buy a Stern Supreme pinball machine, I'd have no problem with people piling on.

But this thread, and maybe others right now. In these trying times. Some compassion and caring would be nice. If someone doesn't agree with the fund raiser, or doesn't want to contribute. Fine. But attacking it serves no good. And may hurt people trying to do good or help others.

In the mid 2000's when the economy tanked. You can't imagine how it felt to be at rock bottom, and have people attacking you or your business. I know. It happened to me. And I pray to God that no one here ever has to live through an experience like that.

#124 11 months ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Big thumbs down from wlf.

Sorry, yours was actually an accidental click, my bad. I cleared it, if that stuff matters to you

#125 11 months ago
    Quoted from wlf_:

Sorry, yours was actually an accidental click, my bad. I cleared it, if that stuff matters to you

Nah, doesn't really matter. If it did I would just agree with everyone all the time.

#126 11 months ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I've played that one too. BRUTAL! Like shooting daggers through your cornea

It is in pretty good shape and shoots great for a location T2, too! Theres a KME billion GC on there that was gonna be a fun challenge to chase, but threw in the towel after my fourth seizure. Get the stupid jackpot!

#127 11 months ago
    Quoted from FargoPinball:

Maybe setup a TeeSpring store instead of asking for donations like we did.
    https://teespring.com/stores/fargopinball
    People can buy your swag direct and on demand.
    We shut our doors yesterday and are praying to survive this disaster.
    Bill
    Fargo Pinball
    http://www.fargopinball.com/
    Like Us On Facebook
    www.facebook.com/fargopinball

We at Mystic Pinball have launched e-gift cards. Seems like a healthy medium.

#128 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I have no problem with people doing their due diligence and investigating if something is worth it to them, to donate or not.
    And if this was a gofundme thread like the guy new to Pinside and wanting to raise money to buy a Stern Supreme pinball machine, I'd have no problem with people piling on.
    But this thread, and maybe others right now. In these trying times. Some compassion and caring would be nice. If someone doesn't agree with the fund raiser, or doesn't want to contribute. Fine. But attacking it serves no good. And may hurt people trying to do good or help others.
    In the mid 2000's when the economy tanked. You can't imagine how it felt to be at rock bottom, and have people attacking you or your business. I know. It happened to me. And I pray to God that no one here ever has to live through an experience like that.

I hear you Lloyd. I certainly don't want any businesses to close or people to struggle and be out of work. I am a business owner myself and this will be a difficult time for me too. I don't necessarily have a problem with a business using GoFundMe as a last resort to generate some funds to keep things afloat. That's not at all what's happening here. Logan Arcade is a very popular place that's been around for a while and to ask for a handout just hours after a shutdown doesn't sit right with me. To become that needy, that quickly just doesn't seem reasonable especially considering what's in that pic.

#129 11 months ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

While I'm not a fan of Go Fund Me for these types of causes, this definitely doesn't fall into the realm of fraud. Anyone can ask for a free handout. It may be in bad taste, but certainly isn't illegal.

Yes it does: “Scheme to defraud” means a systematic, ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud one or more persons, or with intent to obtain property from one or more persons by false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises or willful misrepresentations of a future act. Have the OP show the records of the companies income and why prior to any loss of revenue was there a need to collect peoples money. The business had not even shut its doors or lost any money yet there was a gofundme page created. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#130 11 months ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Logan Arcade is a very popular place that's been around for a while and to ask for a handout just hours after a shutdown

You do realize they didn't start it or ask ?

Logan Arcade supported project pinball in the past. Brad works with project pinball and had his heart in a good place and wanted to help people there that he knows. Not necessarily just the arcade.

Brad has supported many causes in the past. Like when he flew into St. Paul some years back to support Vince's daughter when she was struggling with cancer.

Brad meant well. And sure didn't want to sir up a storm, or have the negative focus on him either.

I just hope this doesn't stop him from helping others in the future.

Thank you Brad. For all you've done for so many, for so long.

#131 11 months ago
    Quoted from newpinbin:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Get over it man.

#132 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you.

Fact is that this was posted by the arcade and the bar GM on their personal networks & then shared here by a patron who thought he was doing a good thing. And then Pinside happened...

Can't be worse than RGP in 2008, though!

#133 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Really?

Quoted from Brtlkat:

Not started by but is involved.
    From there GFM page
    "this campaign is being run by me (Melissa/GM), with oversight by Arunas (bar manager) and Zespy (owner)."

Quoted from jahbarron:

My foot tastes good.

#134 11 months ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Fact is that this was posted by the arcade and the bar GM on their personal networks & then shared here by a patron who thought he was doing a good thing. And then Pinside happened...

I apologize . I didn't not know that.

I still believe, right now, with all the problems we face and will face. No need be mean to each other here.

Help, or don't help. Just hope we stay healthy and get through this.

#135 11 months ago

They didn’t post it here, though. Brad did, fooled that this was a community, and then Logan faced criticism they didn’t even ask for. That’s my point.

#136 11 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Just hope we stay healthy and get through this.

We can certainly agree on that.

#137 11 months ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I hear you Lloyd. I certainly don't want any businesses to close or people to struggle and be out of work. I am a business owner myself and this will be a difficult time for me too. I don't necessarily have a problem with a business using GoFundMe as a last resort to generate some funds to keep things afloat. That's not at all what's happening here. Logan Arcade is a very popular place that's been around for a while and to ask for a handout just hours after a shutdown doesn't sit right with me. To become that needy, that quickly just doesn't seem reasonable especially considering what's in that pic.

I have to agree, because as I sit here with dead phones and no customers, I go what about my business, what about my employees?

#138 11 months ago

At least you can go to work. I’m locked up & sitting here arguing on Pinside with idle hands while slowly losing my mind.

#139 11 months ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I sit here with dead phones and no customers, I go what about my business, what about my employees?

I hope you get through this. And in some way shape or form you and your employees get help.

#140 11 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

(edited) get over it man.

(edited)

#141 11 months ago

To the management who is supposedly looking for ways to generate income to pays his employees.

Take down that stupid cash grab, whether you put it up or not, stop redirecting and saying its for the employees benefit.

You wanna generate $$$$$ for your workers wage........ instead of asking for a handout give each person a gift card of equal value for what they donate. " Its called selling value " Cash is in your pocket ready to diperse for all your financial needs

It also gets them in the door, pays wages and maybe even a little extra cash in your pocket.

WOW took me all of 10 minutes to figure out this fantastic idea.

#142 11 months ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

To the management who is supposedly looking for ways to generate income to pays his employees.
    Take down that stupid cash grab, whether you put it up or not, stop redirecting and saying its for the employees benefit.
    You wanna generate $$$$$ for your workers wage........ instead of asking for a handout give each person a gift card of equal value for what they donate. " Its called selling value " Cash is in your pocket ready to diperse for all your financial needs
    It also gets them in the door, pays wages and maybe even a little extra cash in your pocket.
    WOW took me all of 10 minutes to figure out this fantastic idea.

What if the gift card manufacturers are shut down? Then what?

/s

#143 11 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Jesus harold christ, get over it man.

So someone pulls a scheme to defraud and people are supposed to just get over it?

#144 11 months ago

You know you're full of it right.

MODERATION INCOMING.

#145 11 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

You know you're full of it right.
    MODERATION INCOMING.

Don't like what people say so try to shut them down. You are the problem.

#146 11 months ago

Oh, I don't care if you keep talking. Just a friendly suggestion that for your own sanity, you should get over it.

#147 11 months ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Oh, I don't care if you keep talking. Just a friendly suggestion that for your own sanity, you should get over it.

And that is my opinion. Just like the rest of the people on here who have spoken.

#148 11 months ago
    Quoted from newpinbin:

Yes it does: “Scheme to defraud” means a systematic, ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud one or more persons, or with intent to obtain property from one or more persons by false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises or willful misrepresentations of a future act. Have the OP show the records of the companies income and why prior to any loss of revenue was there a need to collect peoples money. The business had not even shut its doors or lost any money yet there was a gofundme page created. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If you are that confident that this GoFundMe is a scheme to defraud, then bring this information to the City of Chicago District Attorney's office. They will laugh in your face.

#149 11 months ago

Gotta respect the hard working street corner panhandlers who are just looking for $20. Internet panhandlers?

#150 11 months ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Hold on...Jesus’ middle name wasn’t Harold.
    That’s going to need a separate thread.

What do you mean, some People took their dads name as their middle... “Our father who art in heaven, Harold be thy name”.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 224.99
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 2.00
    Tools
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Various Other Swag
    JK Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 84.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pinball Inc
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 39.50
    There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside