Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.09.11 AM (resized).png
    4B816B6D-9AA3-4896-AF99-36F586F48CAE (resized).jpeg
    817C2F32-ABB3-4A4D-BF8F-D3504C97BA2D (resized).jpeg
    BE9911F0-0972-40E8-89E6-511EEC3927A6 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5839 (resized).jpg
    logan_back (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Could they not raise the money needed ( if its needed by the owner) by selling 2 of those pinball machines or arcade games to regain the 10k trying to be raised? Sorry but I see a lot of money in pinball/arcade machines there. https://loganarcade.com/games/

This guy gets it!!! Exactly!!! Liquidate for now & later on you'll hopefully make it back... but this gofundme shit needs to seriously stop have some dignity!!

Recently, my dog needed surgery 4,600 I had TWD pro so I sold it!! Ummmm ya did I want to no of course not; but I have some respect for myself & I don't expect others to help me unless there's absolutely no other solution.

#52 4 years ago

To be fair, I don't think it's time to start liquidating assets. I think we're all hoping to be open in the next two weeks & back on our feet shortly after that. Being in said industry, I have seen numerous GFMs started up by employees of many beloved establishments. Hopefully, everyone has filed an unemployment claim by now.

If this goes on for two months, we're all fucked.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Recently, my dog needed surgery 4,600 I had TWD pro so I sold it!!

How's the little guy doing?

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

This guy gets it!!! Exactly!!! Liquidate for now & later on you'll hopefully make it back... but this gofundme shit needs to seriously stop have some dignity!!
    Recently, my dog needed surgery 4,600 I had TWD pro so I sold it!! Ummmm ya did I want to no of course not; but I have some respect for myself & I don't expect others to help me unless there's absolutely no other solution.

GFM wasn't started by the owner of Logan Arcade.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

How's the little guy doing?

He's doing well; new problem now seizures

IMG_5839 (resized).jpgIMG_5839 (resized).jpg
    #56 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Okay; but IMO people should save GFM for the folks that truly are in need.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

He's doing well; new problem now seizures [quoted image]

That looks exactly like our dog. Mini Schnauzer?

#58 4 years ago

Duncan the Scottish Terrier that thinks he's a person/King.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Okay; but IMO people should save GFM for the folks that truly are in need.

Cute doggo!

I fully agree with this sentiment. I have been equally critical of GFMs, but understand that a lot of people (esp in expensive cities where it's nearly impossible to live on service industry wages) work exclusively on tips. We recorded every dollar so we will be receiving proper wage compensation. I feel for those who didn't report a good majority of their cash tips. Hopefully, they saved the extra cash they pocketed.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

So it was started by the management there - what difference does that make?

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I feel for those who didn't report a good majority of their cash tips.

lol, seriously?

#62 4 years ago

Maybe setup a TeeSpring store instead of asking for donations like we did.

https://teespring.com/stores/fargopinball

People can buy your swag direct and on demand.

We shut our doors yesterday and are praying to survive this disaster.

Bill

Fargo Pinball
    http://www.fargopinball.com/
    Like Us On Facebook
    www.facebook.com/fargopinball

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

lol, seriously?

can you elaborate what you're laughing out loud at? That people don't always claim their full cash tips amount?

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

can you elaborate what you're laughing out loud at?

They must have received some benefit from not reporting their tips already wouldn't you agree?

#65 4 years ago
    BE9911F0-0972-40E8-89E6-511EEC3927A6 (resized).jpegBE9911F0-0972-40E8-89E6-511EEC3927A6 (resized).jpeg
    #66 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

They must have received some benefit from not reporting their tips already wouldn't you agree?

I do agree. I was referring to filing for unemployment on tipped wages now that we're in a bit of a crisis.

#67 4 years ago

GoFundMe is going to turn into a Fortune 50 company before this whole thing is over.

#68 4 years ago

Must be an Illinois thing?

I think the poser coronavirus victim was in that neck of the woods.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Must be an Illinois thing? I think the poser coronavirus victim was in that neck of the woods.

Generalizations make you sound completely ignorant. I’m sure I could come up with some for Floridians too. Lol

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I have my own rainy day fund, but now is not the time to wave our fingers at people for not having one. It's about minimizing the damage to everyone. I'm going to save my lectures for when we're back on our feet.

Everyone's situation is different. Unless you know all the facts. Please don't kick someone when they are down.

Last August through November Excelsior Blvd. way East of me was closed, effected my business, a little. Mediocre winter business. Pinball in my area is saturated, not drawing them in like it used to. Warm weather and daylight savings time slowed me down.

These are the kinds of things you don't see.

And when a person is down. And things look really bleak. They are just trying to get to tomorrow. Not the future.

If you want to help and can. Fine. If you don't want to help. Fine. But please don't kick someone when they are down. Granted some may not need help. But why risk hurting someone with no hope ?

Lloyd

#71 4 years ago

That’s a really nice looking arcade. Hope it makes it. Worth saving if it is in dire straits. Not convinced.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

But why risk hurting someone with no hope ?

No hope, bleak, come on Lloyd..... please . Maybe Id buy a few machines off him at the right price if he gives the 16k from the go fund me back to the folks that donated. Im sure other pinsiders would too. But asking for money when he has more than most because he wants to keep all of his material belongings at the expense of others.... DISGUSTING IMO, 70 plus frgn games!!!

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

No hope, bleak, come on Lloyd..... please . Maybe Id buy a few machines off him at the right price if he gives the 16k from the go fund me back to the folks that donated. Im sure other pinsiders would too. But asking for money when he has more than most because he wants to keep all of his material belongings at the expense of others.... DISGUSTING IMO, 70 plus frgn games!!!

Again, GFM not started by the owner.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Well.... lets see if the owner is classy enough to return all the funds. If he does ill give him an attaboy. If not it just substantiates the comments that were left.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

Not started by but is involved.

From there GFM page

"this campaign is being run by me (Melissa/GM), with oversight by Arunas (bar manager) and Zespy (owner)."

#76 4 years ago

My foot tastes good.

Anyway, great arcade and people! Best of luck to everyone around the world.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

No hope, bleak, come on Lloyd....

I was talking about all the places, not one in particular. Some may be better off than we know. Some may be worse off than we know.

Since we don't know the situation of each one personally, why hurt any of them. And risk hurting one that could be really hurting.

I got a kick in the teeth Tuesday, about 5 hours before I'd be closing. And not knowing if I'd open again in ten days, or if that would be extended. Or maybe longer and potentially kill my business.

You know how that feels ? Well I do. And wouldn't wish it on any one.

What ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say. Leave them the fuck alone.
    Lloyd

#78 4 years ago

Why has the OP NOT RESPONDED???

In my opinion this is no different than the PCP addict on the exit ramp of Interstate 95 with a cardboard sign playing on peoples emotions asking for money. Tons of people have no problem shelling out their hard earned money to this junkie, not realizing that this scumbag is just going to buy more dope with YOUR money and NOT food! All you are doing is feeding the need!!! The owner of this business seems like he is doing just fine, hell look at the thousands of dollars he has for all those games. Yet somehow he is going to reach his goal of $16,000. Shocking how naive the American public has become. No need to even stockpiling toilet paper but somehow we are convinced that we will need this item for a respiratory virus. Let's see the owners bank account and his home value. Oh, not going to post that because then you would discover there was no need for a donation; just like the woman who defrauded thousands from people when she never had cancer!!!! Just my opinion. Lets hope I'm wrong lets see if he post his accounts on here.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

What ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say. Leave them the fuck alone.

Lloyd I usually agree with your posts and consider you a good friend, hard enough times considering whats going on right now. It would be bad enough without all this craziness going on........ but doing now is just god awful and if very poor taste.

Its like a driving around a McLaren F1 and asking for handouts on a car forum. All while the whole world is suffering. I would never patronize that business after this. Period

I hope he chokes on his 16k.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomN:

Generalizations make you sound completely ignorant. I’m sure I could come up with some for Floridians too. Lol

I wasn’t being serious, just an observation that the last two shameless Gofundme tries came from there.

Plenty of people hurting not in the arcade business. My schedule got wiped for the next two months.

#81 4 years ago

Raised from 10 to 16k when they were getting close to goal saying 10k is what they pay out in a week....all i know is when they re-open i will be filling out an application!!

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Lloyd I usually agree with your posts and consider you a good friend, hard enough times considering whats going on right now. It would be bad enough without all this craziness going on........ but doing now is just god awful and if very poor taste.
    Its like a driving around a McLaren F1 and asking for handouts on a car forum. All while the whole world is suffering. I would never patronize that business after this. Period
    I hope he chokes on his 16k.

At what point does the owner become investigated for fraud and exposed for pulling a sham like this?

#83 4 years ago

Brad(jellikit) is a super nice person, I’m sure he shared this hoping to help, not expecting the negative blowback

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Brad(jellikit) is a super nice person, I’m sure he shared this hoping to help, not expecting the negative blowback

I agree ...... no need to shoot the messenger. All in all am actually glad he put this out there to expose the selfishness of some people.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Lloyd I usually agree with your posts and consider you a good friend,

Let’s agree to disagree.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from newpinbin:

At what point does the owner become investigated for fraud and exposed for pulling a sham like this?

While I'm not a fan of Go Fund Me for these types of causes, this definitely doesn't fall into the realm of fraud. Anyone can ask for a free handout. It may be in bad taste, but certainly isn't illegal.

#87 4 years ago

Wouldn't selling off their machines be the equivalent of a restaurant selling off their kitchen equipment. That seems like a short sited solution.

#88 4 years ago

He (Logan Arcade) should sell his machines to keep his business. Not ask for us to keep his business afloat.

If the business cannot make it on being closed there are insurance policy's a company can get in case of business shut downs for certain situations.

You have to have these policies and any good business man/women should know this.

Sounds me me like business has no money in the bank and needs to sell some assets.

You don't run you business on credit!!!!!!!

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

While I'm not a fan of Go Fund Me for these types of causes, this definitely doesn't fall into the realm of fraud. Anyone can ask for a free handout. It may be in bad taste, but certainly isn't illegal.

Misleading people by telling them you need a handout when you really don't - that is certainly a fraud.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Wouldn't selling off their machines be the equivalent of a restaurant selling off their kitchen equipment. That seems like a short sited solution.

Pretty sure they could make do without that Star Wars and Aerosmith in their lineup. If a restaurant has 30 stoves in their kitchen, yeah they could probably sell a couple and survive. Good analogy.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

well experience sometimes is the best teacher. This gofundme is in poor taste IMO.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

You can have a barcade with 28 pins rather then 30... not short sited at all.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mayboyz:

He (Logan Arcade) should sell his machines to keep his business.

#93 4 years ago

I was out in Chicago last April and stopped by to play and hang out. Cool place. I don’t want to start donating funds until I see how this all pans out. But if my life is fine and they are struggling in a week or two, I will donate.

They had a real nice Radical that was hoppin and played fantastic.

817C2F32-ABB3-4A4D-BF8F-D3504C97BA2D (resized).jpeg817C2F32-ABB3-4A4D-BF8F-D3504C97BA2D (resized).jpeg4B816B6D-9AA3-4896-AF99-36F586F48CAE (resized).jpeg4B816B6D-9AA3-4896-AF99-36F586F48CAE (resized).jpeg
    #94 4 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

They had a real nice Radical that was hoppin and played fantastic.

Well, why didn't someone mention that earlier?....do they take e-transfer?

#95 4 years ago

The owner is asking everyone else to sacrifice but them. Quite frankly, it's tacky and embarrassing.

And the whole analogy of a kitchen selling off their restaurant equipment doesn't equate. When you have 30 machines you can sacrifice 2 and still operate. So nice try rationalizing his greed.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The owner is asking everyone else to sacrifice but them. Quite frankly, it's tacky and embarrassing.
    And the whole analogy of a kitchen selling off their restaurant equipment doesn't equate. When you have 30 machines you can sacrifice 2 and still operate. So nice try rationalizing his greed.

This sickens me. You are correct.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Your more than welcome to come up and play my TWD LE after this blows over. I won’t ask ya for any donations so I can keep my games and my house afloat in the meantime.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Your more than welcome to come up and play my TWD LE after this blows over. I won’t ask ya for any donations so I can keep my games and my house afloat in the meantime.

Maybe!! But I've been playing it on VPX close enough for me... until I can save up enough money to go out & buy another which probably won't be till Christmas.

#99 4 years ago

I’ve never been to Logan arcade, and I don’t know the owner’s, but I’m going to wager that any decent barcade with half a brain would have several back up rotational games in storage somewhere. This place should be able to sell a few games without missing a step when they reopen, and if they can’t, then they are poorly managed and deserve their own fate good or bad. It looks like a great place, and I’m betting they have a few games packed away for a rainy day somewhere that could be sold off in place of asking for a handout.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You’re more than welcome to come up and play my TWD LE after this blows over. I won’t ask ya for any donations so I can keep my games and my house afloat in the meantime.

You’re. Grammar. Lol

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gofundme-for-logan-arcade/page/2?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.