(Topic ID: 316470)

Godzilla Why are so many games for sale?

By darkmarc

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by guitarded
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0CBE9B43-6404-4738-99A2-1CF12ED7E871.gif
#1 1 year ago

I checked out the Market page and was a bit stunned to see so many Godzilla machines for sale. Is the game that boring?

#2 1 year ago

They are mostly marked up, I think people are trying to make some $$$ from the hype, Fun game for sure. They are about to ship hundreds from Stern so I believe that the prices will level off.

#3 1 year ago

They are all market up. I want a premium but my local distributor has a wait list and I don’t want to pay above msrp here on pinside.

#4 1 year ago

I think stern is getting a lot of games out right now which is increasing supply of new in box games. This puts downward pressure ob used market. So i think some may be trying to get top dollar for it now before the price comes down. They can just get another at retail a year from now or so.

Look at deadpool sales. There was one nib the other day at retail price

#5 1 year ago

2 years ago as Covid hit and Govt Checks rolled out and Pinball prices went up, many put down deposits for future shipments of new pinballs (i.e. Mando, LZ, Rush, GZ, ST, etc.). Now that they been built and shipped (and prices still on the rise), the new in the box ordered last year are going for many thousands extra to those that want it NOW. Hopefully, supply will meet up with demand and I can afford one.

#6 1 year ago

Isn’t this the cycle with every stern release? 8-12 months after release, people sell. With GZ they seem to be selling (or at least listing) at higher than msr prices.

#8 1 year ago

Every single Stern release 5 months later: “why are so many of XX for sale?”

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from darkmarc:

I checked out the Market page and was a bit stunned to see so many Godzilla machines for sale. Is the game that boring?

It’s the worst game ever.

#10 1 year ago

Perhaps to by a tank of gas and a sandwich? ....
Dam inflation

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from darkmarc:

Is the game that boring?

0CBE9B43-6404-4738-99A2-1CF12ED7E871.gif0CBE9B43-6404-4738-99A2-1CF12ED7E871.gif

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from darkmarc:

I'm assuming this is in retaliation to the very real question regarding the flood of gnr being sold. The game is amazing as hell, so I assume it's because they currently hold a good value, but soon they won't as they're gonna make enough for every man, woman and child, thus reducing the price. Game is super good.

#14 1 year ago

Just as many Rush and Mandalorians for sale. One thing for sure, 5 months from now there won’t be a “why are there so many Fathoms for sale?” thread.

#15 1 year ago

Stern is going to pump out Godzillas until all the flippers and vendors are stockpiled and sitting on them. It's going to be the most produced game stern has done to date.

#16 1 year ago

I love Godzilla. I sold/traded my Godzilla premium for a Jurassic Park Premium + $1,500. I never advertised it, and someone convinced me to let it after discussing a different trade. Godzilla is probably a better game than JP Premium. However, I trade pins alot. There will be many more GZs produced than JPs. I saw they were getting ready to make a ton more Godzillas. There will probably be more Godzillas out there than Guns and Roses. It will be much easier for me to get a Godzilla 1 year down the road than a JP. From a "pinvesting" point of view GZ will be trending downward as supply slowly meets demand. When I pick up Godzilla again down the line, it will still be a great game... even better actually because there have already been several code releases since I traded mine.

#17 1 year ago

have you been to the grocery store, the gas station, the lumber yard, the car dealership, the crack dealer on the corner, everything is outrageous.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from darkmarc:

"1" Godzilla LE for sale at $20K and showing 2 others that sold for that price range.

Guess You want to buy a Godzilla and trying to drag pricing down?

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

"1" Godzilla LE for sale at $20K and showing 2 others that sold for that price range.
Guess You want to buy a Godzilla and trying to drag pricing down?

Why are you only looking at LEs? There are 17 more Godzillas for sell in the Premium and Pro versions. So 18 Godzillas for sale at the moment.
Anyways, that has no bearing on if it is a good game or not, I'm sure it's great and I'll find out someday when my pre-order is ready.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

have you been to the grocery store, the gas station, the lumber yard, the car dealership, the crack dealer on the corner, everything is outrageous.

I feel like crack is still pretty reasonable…

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I feel like crack is still pretty reasonable…

Now that the Crack Pipes are Free, yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-whys-are-so-many-games-for-sale-?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.