(Topic ID: 307512)

Godzilla vs. Rush

By Trojanlaw

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Godzilla vs. Rush”

• Godzilla Premium or LE 137 votes
      80%
    • Rush Premium or LE 34 votes
      20%

(171 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1DD68EEB-92D7-44C7-9530-181A597F742D (resized).jpeg
    D8767872-873B-4F40-8E5B-812182852224 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20220329_174844645 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 1 year ago

Old thread that needs a bump.

Rush just won all kinds of 2022 awards in some unknown sdtm distro hosted "pinball network?" award YouTube show that doesn't really matter anyway but regardless, it's fun when your horse wins.

The answer on this topic is unique for each person.
    Both games are very fun. Sales numbers shouldn't matter in the process of reaching your individual answer, imo.
    2021 goes to gz, 2022 goes to rush. This thread should be more active...
    But who cares.
    Both are amazing. If you're a serious Rush fan it's no contest. If your not pining for Rush, and skip it for gz then I'd argue you're really not a serious fan. Poser.
    Admit it.
    Buy gz for popularity, buy it for Elwin, buy it cause you can't get it. You can't lose with either pin. You'll love gz and Rush from a shooting perspective but as a "serious Rush fan" you'll just miss out on all those "GNR moments" you have now with GNR.. you know what I mean... the feeling you get rocking out top tier pinball to killer music you LOVE? Yeah who wants that, you're right... Get gz. Surely you'll get goosebumps when gz roars or smile when the sounds of explosions fill the room. The obligatory call outs. Meh. But that's me.

If you like each theme (or don't care either way) and can afford, have the room and spousal approval for both, buy both... If I'm in your shoes, with what I know, Here's the best answer:

Get Rush pro now and wait on your gz premium. Work on the spousal support for number 3. There will be tons of them around later when you want to add it to your collection. Unless you're a fomo trend buyer or someone who puts theme lower in importance or more than anything likes the thrill of the chase, then definitely gz. Both are great playing games but only one is the best theme for you which imo is half the experience. Why settle on theme if they aren't equal? The lesser theme of the two should be the NEXT pin, not the first pin you aquire. Let's be honest, you're likely going to get a third pin regardless of what you or your spouse says ... She loves you, right? .. It's a matter of time. You can have both!

On a side note, you won't be playing your GNR much with either one.. ask me how I know. You might even consider selling it once or twice every now and then when you feel sorry you're neglecting it. It deserves more! Then you rip yourself away from your Stern play it out of pity and realize it's awesome on another level in a different way and come to your senses.. GNR is amazing. But......
    Next day you go back to your Stern... It's natural. It's a great shooter. Hey At least GNR looks gorgeous in attract mode... Get ready for it. It's tough.

I've got less than 10 "sympathy for the GNR" plays on it since I got Rush a month and a half ago. I'm sure gz would have the same effect. It was a much simpler life with 1 pin. Careful what you ask for...
    What have I done?

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Rush won all the 2022 awards just by default because there was nothing else contending. Bond came out with shoddily unfinished code, Toy Story got slammed for the price and for being TS4 and for the ipad hogging half the playfield, nobody has played Weird Al since it isn't in arcades, and Scooby-Doo barely came out at all.
    Rush is a solid B+, but it's not quite A-grade material like Godzilla. Rush's vibe is silly rather than epic, the playfield is a little off-kilter with the off-center flippers and time machine, and the rules structure doesn't fit together quite so well in that the time machine multiballs and instrument activations feel tacked-on and grindy. It's still great and fun, but it's not a GOAT contender.

Textbook response from a pinball guy, who is clearly not a serious Rush fan. Excellent supporting post. Now go get your gz! (Or update your collection list)

Followed by a textbook response from a true rush fan. Right here....

Quoted from NEW-B:

I own both, I play Rush a lot more. Maybe because I love the music, but its just more fun to me.

Thanks guys. I rest my case.
    Rush fans are the best! Peeer-eee-uhd!!

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

What does SDTM or Flip N Out Pinball have to do with the Rush wins? I didn't vote. Votes came from media creators, competitive players, those outside of TPN, and from public as well. Just trying to correctly inform readers of this thread. Thanks for the mention.

You hosted it. That's what I said. I thought I was pretty clear.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vespula.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-vs-rush?tu=Vespula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.