• Mandalorian 34 votes
    19%
  • Godzilla 146 votes
    81%

(180 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GEDC6762 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

My experience with owning Mando LE: Mando is a tough shooter because of tight windowed targets. Dwight Sullivan and team added Challenge mode in code version 0.98. This mode is a shortcut to the Encounter wizard mode and requires a good sense of shooting for the tight right side turns, ramps and scoop. It's good practice for that. There are SDTMs from the U-turn return and the Razor Crest middle shot. Flipper cradling seems to be mandatory on Mandalorian for lining up tight shots. There are long pauses in the game for video play. My 8 year old plays it constantly and is better at the game than I am, he likes the challenge. It has opened up his interest in general for pinball. Not sure Godzilla would have done that on its own. Coupled with a fan layout pin, that has more open shots, it is a good complement. I have it coupled with MMR. If it will be your only pin, the swap sell/trade advice here and buy what you like better now is the best approach IMO. I have not played Godzilla yet, but it looks like more flowy except for the magnet. If you or the other players like uninterrupted flow better that might be the best choice for you. Personally the Godzilla theme is not my bag, but Mando is, for my whole family it is. GL.

Edit: Maybe for others who have a lineup, Mando coupled more flowy Godzilla is a good choice.

1 month later
#75 2 years ago

Zilla has easier flow. Mando is tough with SDTMs and out lane drains from the left ramp, right side U Turn, post rejections...Getting a good game going with Mando is more infrequent then Zilla, but it is really satisfying when that happens. The Ambush on Mando is a great and satisfying shot. For me, the Mando theme and integration of assets is far superior to the Zilla theme. I can understand why people like both machines, but I'd rank Mando ahead of Zilla. I got 85 million on my first game on a location Zilla LE. It was fun, no doubt, but like AIQ just lacks staying interest for me, probably mostly for the theme disinterest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-vs-mandalorian?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.