(Topic ID: 289136)

Godzilla vs Kong machine?

By Photopin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210304_162845 (resized).jpg
    20210304_162805 (resized).jpg
    20210304_162747 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Crap. That did not cross my mind! IN!!!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think King Kong is public domain, as long as you don't directly rip off copyrighted works like the original movie.
    American Pinball territory ?!

King Kong is not public domain - the original movie IS the originating art.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Also, what Levi said about public domain is partially true as well.
    Universal tried suing Nintendo when Donkey Kong came out in 1982 and failed.
    Just as multiple entities own various versions of King Kong, there are aspects of it that are public domain under a broader generalization. This is why Universal lost the lawsuit against Nintendo.

You are absolutely right! Forgot about the Donkey Kong debacle. That is a pretty funny case.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's Toho and that's the rumor.

Did you mean “Showa” era? Toho is the company

#30 3 years ago

<

Quoted from Eric_S:

When I was a kid and our family got our first VCR in the mid-eighties, my parents let my sister and me get one movie and I chose the old TOHO King Kong vs. Godzilla movie. I must have watched that movie dozens of times. I found it on DVD about a year ago.

The Criterion collection (!) released a box set of the first era of Godzilla movies (I'd mention that this is the "Showa" era, but who wants to actually be specific about such things), and the original *japanese* version of King Kong vs. Godzilla is included. It's not dramatically different, but it's very cool to see after all these years of the same 'ol hackjobbed US version. Kinda pricey at $180, but it's the only way to get it without importing a Japanese disc. The transfer is great:

https://www.criterion.com/boxsets/2648-godzilla-the-showa-era-films-1954-1975

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

that kong vs godzilla movie looks really terrible. just saying.

They clearly know what they're doing is ridiculous, so they amped it up. Think about it, are we supposed to take 50-story tall gorilla at face value? lol!

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

true. though i have no problem checking my sense of reality at the door when i watch a movie. i just want good writing and storytelling. that trailer looks like a full on boring cash grab. not unlike most of the recent godzilla films. i can already tell i won't be able to decide if i'm waiting for it to begin or end. but the original films with an actor literally wearing a godzilla costume, on the other hand. sign me up!

there's no way this is going to have good writing LOL. I really liked the 2014 US Godzilla, and even the Toho ones have been really upping their game. 100% agree- man in suit! haha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-vs-kong-machine-?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.