Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I currently have a JP Pro at home and am looking to add a second pin. As the title states I’m looking at ordering a Godzilla or Deadpool Pro. Unfortunately premiums are out of the family budget. I know everyone’s opinions are there own but just wondering how others would choose between the two. Thanks.

#2 2 years ago

Depends on what sort of games you like. I have played a GZ pro and was really impressed, to the point I have put my name down on a premium. Only played Deadpool once several years ago and thought it was a good game.
    You have a JP (Keith Edwin game). If you like that, then you will like the flow and features on GZ. I have an Iron Maiden pro and access to Avengers Infinity Quest and am a big fan of his games. Tough deep rules, yet you can be happy bashing the ball around without knowing / understanding what is going on.

Flip a coin and hope it comes up GZ!

Skippy2904

#3 2 years ago

They are both known as good fun games so consider them equal in that dept. For me I would then decide by how much each theme resonates with me (and family/friends if applicable) and how each would compliment my current line up in terms of theme, layout, ruleset and so forth.

#4 2 years ago

I own a DP PRO and I got bored with it fast.
    I play my ELWIN's ALL THE TIME.
    We can't wait to get a GODZILLA Pro.
    DP is a beautiful machine so it will stay in my collection
    Stay Safe

#5 2 years ago

In a small collection I'd go GZ for sure. DP is plenty fun, but more straightforward with only a couple ways to attack it (or maybe I'm blind to some deeper strategy). GZ is your typical Elwin masterpiece a la JP with about a dozen overlapping goals available simultaneously, and no shortage of paths to glory. I'd say it's like a friendlier JP, which is pretty high praise.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

In a small collection I'd go GZ for sure. DP is plenty fun, but more straightforward with only a couple ways to attack it (or maybe I'm blind to some deeper strategy). GZ is your typical Elwin masterpiece a la JP with about a dozen overlapping goals available simultaneously, and no shortage of paths to glory. I'd like say it's like a friendlier JP, which is pretty high praise.

Good summary. I agree, both are amazing games and I’d put Deadpool behind GZ slightly because of variety in GZ

#7 2 years ago

Due to space and availability, my current game plan is to get a GZ Pro and play the heck out of it for a few months before I can get my DP Pro which my son has wanted for quite some time.

Having said that, I find DP Pro to be just ok. Maybe I need more time on it, but I think the droop flippers and sorta clunky layout, with what seems like playing the same 3 modes all the time doesn't justify all the praise it gets. Again, maybe I'm missing something.

I've mostly played on GZ Prem and love it (only have 1 day on a Pro). I love my AIQ Pro and think I'll love GZ Pro almost as much. AIQ just has more going on as far as BoM and "wow factor" for me. No one mentions that GZ Pro is Elwin's only game w/ 2 ramps and it arguably has the weakest interactive "toy" (IMDN's bullseye target, JP's truck, AIQ's tower & disc...etc.). I really don't count the magnet as a toy because it looks exposed and ugly, but maybe if it had some sort of claw mold over it, it would have more pizazz...? But GZ has such a unique layout that shooting it is a constant joy. Plus the rules seem to have so much more upon plunge vs. DP.

Having said all that, the kiddo wants DP, so if I get GZ now and DP is later ready this summer, I'll have a tough call to make in a few months.

#8 2 years ago

Gz. One of the best ever.

#9 2 years ago

Get a Deadpool. Godzilla is the better game, but Deadpool plays very different than JP and Godzilla. Both games are great though.

#10 2 years ago

I own GZ pro and love it. DP at first was awesome but after playing a few times got bored. It’s not horrible and nice to shoot on location, but in a home would be moved on for sure. My GZ is going nowhere.

#11 2 years ago

If you were comparing Premiums I'd consider Deadpool to vary up your lineup but for Pros I'd definitely go with Godzilla. DP Pro has clunky orbit shots. GZ Pro is the best Stern Pro to date and shoots better than its Premium counterpart.

#12 2 years ago

The good news is that you really can't go wrong with either. Both are top shelf choices. I have a GZ pro and a DP prem sitting side by side. I think GZ is slightly the better game overall; shots, rules, lightshow etc. but as weird as it sounds, I think DP is just a little more "fun". I think it's the quality of callouts, the awesome music and just overall goofiness that pushes it ahead.

I would say, get a DP now as they will be going out of production well before GZ. If you like it, keep it and pick up a GZ next year.

#13 2 years ago

I love both, but I have to give it to Godzilla.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

GZ Pro is the best Stern Pro to date and shoots better than its Premium counterpart.

It’s very good but I don’t think it’s the best Pro to date. As far as the shooting better than the Prem, I think the mechazilla shot is WAY easier on the Prem. I don’t know how the Pro has any other shot advantages.

As far as Pro offerings for code + features package, I’d also suggest TMNT, ST, AIQ, TWD, JP, and IMDN also can throw their hat in the rings for beat Pro to date… and I know some say Mando is in that convo too, but I’ve only had limited time on one so far and the verdict seems mixed but close.

#15 2 years ago

So many great pros beyond these two.
    Problem is used market is ridiculous right now.
    Get in line for GZ and hope you don’t hit a price hike.

#16 2 years ago

Other: maiden pro

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It’s very good but I don’t think it’s the best Pro to date. As far as the shooting better than the Prem, I think the mechazilla shot is WAY easier on the Prem. I don’t know how the Pro has any other shot advantages.

Which Pro is better? I think JP is close but it doesn't have as good of a lightshow or art. Ive owned Maiden Pro and it is great but the layout and lightshow aren't as good amd i think GZ has more going on in the ruleset. GZ is just a solid game in all categories.

I agree. Mechagodzilla shot is way easier on Premium which is a negative. The Pro has better geometry in that area of the playfield. The building shots are also smoother because you're shooting over the playfield vs the building transition layers on the Premium. If you only play the Premium you wouldn't notice it but there is a slight bit of rattle and clunk as it travels through the building. I've had weak shots get rejected and Wallop shots go STDM because there is more varience vs. The Pro.

#18 2 years ago

Personal opinion, you can't go wrong with either (I like DP Pro more) but I'd consider budgeting for the GZ Prem if you're liking that more. GZ Prem just feels like a whole different game, after playing on a Prem for awhile it's hard to go back to the Pro.

#19 2 years ago

I am looking at those two pros myself….i prefer godzilla pro personally (liked it better than the premium too) but dont have a lot of time on the deadpool. Most negative comments on the dp seem to revolve around only having three battles that get repetitive.

#20 2 years ago

Let me tweak your question a little bit.

GZ or DP is an easy answer... GZ. BUT... JP and DP or JP and GZ? I would go JP and DP any day of the week. JP and GZ are similar games. No they are not the same but DP is more different from JP than GZ is. Both are great games. If it was your only pin I'd say GZ but to pair with JP... DP any day of the week. You'll enjoy either game.

#21 2 years ago

this is a hard one man...if it was premiums, Godzilla alllll day...however...with regard to a pro...deadpool just brings more fun to the table. personally...i'd get both lol...i traded my premium deadpool for godzilla, don't regret it, but am trying to sub my AIQ or TMNT for deadpool now...i miss it.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Let me tweak your question a little bit.
    GZ or DP is an easy answer... GZ. BUT... JP and DP or JP and GZ? I would go JP and DP any day of the week. JP and GZ are similar games. No they are not the same but DP is more different from JP than GZ is. Both are great games. If it was your only pin I'd say GZ but to pair with JP... DP any day of the week. You'll enjoy either game.

I think this makes sense if you're sticking with the 2 machines, get a DP, play the crap out of both and when you're done with JP get a GZ. It gives you two different games depending on your mood, one more in depth, one more casual, one 3 flippers, one 2 flippers

#23 2 years ago

I own a DP pro and ordered a GZ pro. I would get DP now since this is likely your only chance. It’s very rare to see once come up for sale used. That should tell you something. GZ you can buy a couple years from now.

Don’t let the 3 battle modes and 2 quests make you think the game will get boring or repetitive. Stacking is great on this game and the layout is fun and challenging. The call outs and humor is also second to none.

I’ve watched a ton of streams on GZ and I hope I like it. GZ is mainly 3 or 4 shots on the middle area of playfield. Doesn’t seem like a lot of left and right spinners being a big part of gameplay. I digress

My vote is get DP if you can only get one. You’ll prob be able to sell your used DP at NIB price on 2 years since it’s in such high demand. Then get GZ

#24 2 years ago

I don't understand the posts saying JP and GZ are similar games. The only thing that makes them similar w/ respect to Deadpool is that they both have "deeper" and more engaging rule sets (and 3 flippers). Otherwise, JP plays faster than GZ, JP has harder shots than GZ, GZ is a lot more "campy" with callouts/theme. JP has 4 ramps, GZ has 2. JP has 1 spinner, GZ has 3. The Rulesets don't seem very similar either, JP has the paddocks (totally unique to JP), while GZ seems to have more choices (Mode, Ally, Powerup, City).

Now that I've got that out of the way - GZ and DP are both great games, but the ruleset on GZ will keep you engaged for longer. There is just more to go for, more ways to try and "blow it up", more things to "collect", etc etc.

I've almost bought DP a few times. I'm content without it though because I have one near me on location, and that's enough for me to accomplish most of what the game has to offer. I wouldn't say the same for JP or GZ....or any Elwin for that matter.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Seirif:

I don't understand the posts saying JP and GZ are similar games.

Fo sho!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-vs-deadpool-pro-debate?hl=ironman8bit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.