Godzilla Topper  1954 flat (resized).png
Godzilla Topper tercera vercion 1954 (resized).jpg
Godzilla Topper #4 (resized).jpg
Godzilla Topper #1 (resized).jpg
Godzilla Topper #2 (resized).jpg
Godzilla Topper #3 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Hello everyone,

Here, I present the second ideas after all the reviews and feedback!. Thank you for you help!.

This is what I have developed for the moment and I wanted to know your opinions. I'm going to do 4 versions topper so you have variety. The Godzilla topper #1 and #2 only will have lights changing color by time, the price will be $490 plus shipping and packaging.

The Godzilla topper #3 and #4 will have Godzilla sounds and lights events that get activated by a mic, the price will be $890 plus shipping and packaging.

All version will be static and will have lights inside the buildings and outside. The measurements will be 12"H x 24"W and the material is going to be PLA, Acrylic and wood, it will have the electronic, including Arduino nano and Led.

I'm still working with the events and the sound and light programming, but I'll start the list of those who are interested. You can communicate through the PM for more information.

Thank you for your time.

NOTE:The final Back Scene design is it is unique, the art is handmade. The color of GODZILLA's and the color of the message letters is different that is on the picture and it will be painted by hand. The color of the buildings are also not in the final color also will be painted by hand. This is just an example of how it could be.

Godzilla Topper #1 (resized).jpgGodzilla Topper #1 (resized).jpgGodzilla Topper #2 (resized).jpgGodzilla Topper #2 (resized).jpgGodzilla Topper #3 (resized).jpgGodzilla Topper #3 (resized).jpgGodzilla Topper #4 (resized).jpgGodzilla Topper #4 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

They look good .
It would be cool if the building on the left looked a bit broken .

#3 1 year ago

None...honestly the only ones I ever liked are the factory cloud on Addams, and the bass on Fishtails

#4 1 year ago

The designs are nice, but I don’t think I could get past the wrong Godzilla? To have the topper be a different era Godzilla than the one on the playfield toy and all of the art would be odd.

#5 1 year ago

I like #2 but agreed with previous comments: would prefer the correct era godzilla and the building on the left looking damaged.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They look good .
It would be cool if the building on the left looked a bit broken .

Thank you for the feedback and recommendation,

the idea is very good, the only detail is that it would be more complicated and the more complicated it would take longer to do and cost more and I'm trying to do something that looks good and that people can afford.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

The designs are nice, but I don’t think I could get past the wrong Godzilla? To have the topper be a different era Godzilla than the one on the playfield toy and all of the art would be odd.

Thank you for your feedback, are you talking about Topper #1 and 2?

#8 1 year ago

Creative work but they don't match the game at all. I wouldn't put one on my machine

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Creative work but they don't match the game at all. I wouldn't put one on my machine

Thank you for your feedback.
Can you be more specific what is that don't mach the game?

Thank you

#10 1 year ago

I feel the same. Just does not match and a price point of $890 is hard to swallow.

Quoted from Mitoska:

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I feel the same. Just does not match and a price point of $890 is hard to swallow.

Thank you for your comment,

I can make a version with the very close version of the 1954 Godzilla,I created these like this because of the recommendations and requests that were sent to me by PM when I made the first poll. It's hard to accommodate different tastes and opinions.

#12 1 year ago

I wouldnt put on my machine and would not pay that price for what is shown. I think an updated picture of GZ painted would help a TON here. Not a fan of the GZ look on #1 and #2 - #3 and #4 look to have potential. Interested to see further iterations. Buildings need something - look similar to whats already in the back of the game and Id like them to look different.

#13 1 year ago

wrong godzilla... i'm out..

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I wouldnt put on my machine and would not pay that price for what is shown. I think an updated picture of GZ painted would help a TON here. Not a fan of the GZ look on #1 and #2 - #3 and #4 look to have potential. Interested to see further iterations. Buildings need something - look similar to whats already in the back of the game and Id like them to look different.

Thank you for your feedback,

Yes you are right, that when I have one ready the buildings and painted Godzilla everything will look different and much better. I am showing it this way because I am still in the development process, and to give you the opportunity that if you are interested and like it, you can take a turn on the list that I have already started. When I have completed a physical model with the interaction of lights and sound, I will be uploading a short video so you can see the details.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

wrong godzilla... i'm out..

Thank you for your comment,

I understand and respect your opinion, as I mentioned before, this is what I have done according to other requests that have already been requested. but here is an example of another design that I could also work.

Godzilla Topper  1954 flat (resized).pngGodzilla Topper 1954 flat (resized).pngGodzilla Topper Right view  1954 Flat (resized).pngGodzilla Topper Right view 1954 Flat (resized).pngGodzilla Topper tercera vercion 1954 (resized).jpgGodzilla Topper tercera vercion 1954 (resized).jpg
#16 1 year ago

Knowing the talent involved I would like to see some movement. Maybe Godzilla knocking off a corner of the building or something. Just an idea.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

Knowing the talent involved I would like to see some movement. Maybe Godzilla knocking off a corner of the building or something. Just an idea.

I will try to do one more complex that move too.

What of all the example do you want that move?

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

I will try to do one more complex that move too.
What of all the example do you want that move?

I would say Godzilla on either design.

2 weeks later
#19 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Quoted from ripit:

I would say Godzilla on either design.

Well here I leave the version with movement ready. with 96 different sound combinations, 4 movement events and a standby mode with light changes on the scene.

please watch the video to see the events in action when it detects sound from the microphone.

Godzilla1 (resized).jpgGodzilla1 (resized).jpgGodzilla2 (resized).jpgGodzilla2 (resized).jpgGodzilla3 (resized).jpgGodzilla3 (resized).jpgGodzilla4 (resized).jpgGodzilla4 (resized).jpgGodzilla5 (resized).jpgGodzilla5 (resized).jpg
#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

Well here I leave the version with movement ready. with 96 different sound combinations, 4 movement events and a standby mode with light changes on the scene.
please watch the video to see the events in action when it detects sound from the microphone.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how he's putting his arms up like he is getting arrested
Seriously though it looks great , nice work .

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like how he's putting his arms up like he is getting arrested
Seriously though it looks great , nice work .

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

#22 1 year ago

I really like #3, great job.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I really like #3, great job.

Thank you for your feedback. Yes that one is ready to produce too. If you are interested send me a PM to talk about it. Thank you

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So I imagine the different permutation of movement/sound is controlled by a controller (hence you hear a click/knock before the action is performed)?
When integrated the end-user selects one variation and it will perform the sequence every so often?

I don’t own or will ever own Godzilla, but I applaud your artwork and engineering. WAY better than what I can do.

I like your 2D/3D blend with light/movement. Reminds me of BKSOR.

If Stern keeps popping out DLC toppers, that will be a game changer for those who adore their machine so much they need the extra code instead of your topper.

Bravo!

FYI, Metallica needs a topper as well! But that community has different views what it should be.

#25 1 year ago

They look nice, but I guess I'm just not a topper guy. Most of them are expensive enough that I feel like I could put that money towards my next pinball instead. The only one I have is for my Whitewater which came on it and admittedly I do like it. Wouldn't have bought it separately, but it looks cool.

That said, let me at least try to provide you some feedback

#1 and #2 don't appeal to me, the Godzilla is too flat and honestly he reminds me of a wooden cutout like what you often see at a craft fair.

#4 is the one I like the best, and it improves once painted, but the sculpt only seems so-so, I feel there is room for some improvement there. His back plates should be spikier too.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

So I imagine the different permutation of movement/sound is controlled by a controller (hence you hear a click/knock before the action is performed)?
When integrated the end-user selects one variation and it will perform the sequence every so often?
I don’t own or will ever own Godzilla, but I applaud your artwork and engineering. WAY better than what I can do.
I like your 2D/3D blend with light/movement. Reminds me of BKSOR.
If Stern keeps popping out DLC toppers, that will be a game changer for those who adore their machine so much they need the extra code instead of your topper.
Bravo!
FYI, Metallica needs a topper as well! But that community has different views what it should be.

The system is program to be in standby changing the colors of the building and back scene. At soon a noise is detected by the mic it will activate a event,( the mic it can be adjusted with a nub in the back to add more or less resistance wish results to detect minimum noise or louder ).

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

They look nice, but I guess I'm just not a topper guy. Most of them are expensive enough that I feel like I could put that money towards my next pinball instead. The only one I have is for my Whitewater which came on it and admittedly I do like it. Wouldn't have bought it separately, but it looks cool.
That said, let me at least try to provide you some feedback
#1 and #2 don't appeal to me, the Godzilla is too flat and honestly he reminds me of a wooden cutout like what you often see at a craft fair.
#4 is the one I like the best, and it improves once painted, but the sculpt only seems so-so, I feel there is room for some improvement there. His back plates should be spikier too.

The idea on the topper 1# is more to create a shadow view Like it is far away.

#28 1 year ago

Well i am already in on the last one. I look at some of the lame toppers out there that do nothing. I like the idea of moving toppers like AFM they do draw you in.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

Well i am already in on the last one. I look at some of the lame toppers out there that do nothing. I like the idea of moving toppers like AFM they do draw you in.

Thank you for the trust and support.!

#30 1 year ago

Topper 3 and 4 are very cool! The video looks great. I prefer just "Godzilla" instead of "Godzilla, we awakened something".

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from jimsheffield:

Topper 3 and 4 are very cool! The video looks great. I prefer just "Godzilla" instead of "Godzilla, we awakened something".

Thank you for the feedback,

I can definitely do that. if you want to get any of those I can edit just the name for you.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

None...honestly the only ones I ever liked are the factory cloud on Addams, and the bass on Fishtails

It’s a walleye on Fishtales

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.