(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,685 posts
  • 870 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 A few notes on the ESP8266 controller being used Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #396 WiFi Config - Quick Start Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #398 ZMeny discusses the sign mod on his podcast. Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #442 Documentation Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #664 Updated QR code and links to all documentation Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #881 Final list cutoff - 4th NOVEMEBER 2022 Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #1133 Firmware 1.1 and how to set the right sign to be individually lit Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sorokyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago

Put me on the list.. I guess for batch 7 2028 or wherever we're at now!

#120 1 year ago

um. Yeah pretty sure it's time to quite your day job and just make godzilla mods.

3 weeks later
#414 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Is this going to be a pro only mod?

He's not talking about the building toy, but the ones across the back that have the light up signs. I believe this area is same on pro/pre/le.

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

...my general feeling is to stick as close as possible to Yeti's designs...
...Got some ideas? Let us know! Can't promise that we'll use them, but you never know...

So the good thing about the printed artwork buildings is the lighting. The building in the image you shared is just one color, but its realistic because he added the highlights/shadows.On the other hand, just 3d print a building out of a single color resin/plastic it's going to be very flat because miniature scale objects don't have as dramatic reflection/shadows as real life objects. For the few people who know how to paint the the lighting effects, a good building sculpt can look great. Otherwise, it will just have a cheap look to it. The mezel mod building replacements use a few colors, but it still looks very flat and unrealistic (not trying to bash them, its a hard problem to solve).

Curious what your approach will be. Your sign doesn't have this problem really since its a thin bezel (although i will probably do some edge hightlighting and maybe some weathering effects on mine)

#422 1 year ago

(dupe)

1 week later
#464 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Also I have to pretend to be a good husband and dad every now and again.

Let's put the family in family business. Put the wife and kids on assembly/fulfillment duty and get started on those other building/sign mods!

#501 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yes that's right. The right hand 'sign' part in English runs a constant 'glitter' type effect with low intensity to make the sign look like its lightly sparkling. Since that section is also addressable there's no reason it couldn't also change depending on the current mode - at the moment I don't feel there is a need to, but it's provisioned that way just in case.

I assume that's not something configurable right? And I assume your code is closed source so that's not something we can tweak?

2 weeks later
#586 1 year ago

I can't wait for the lollypops toothbrush... after 20 pinball games it goes off to tell you its time for some personal hygiene

#597 1 year ago
Quoted from Original_jason_b:

With the initial orders going out soon will you be contacting us? Or should we go to your website to pay? Sorry if this has been stated earlier I only check into pinside every couple of weeks and didn't see anything on your main post

You'll get a pinside PM with instructions. you can set your pinside acct to email you when you get a PM

Also change that from "soon" to "already". Mine left the UK yesterday! Exciting.

#621 1 year ago

I'm team sunburst, or whatever we are calling the default option. Haven't settled on colors for the LEDs yet, other than the default triggered colors, really like that.

+1 for this being so much better in person. I had to turn the LEDs way down to even try to get a good photo, which causes them to kind of bleed into each other..you're just gonna have to trust us, Internet strangers!

Super happy with this mod!

PXL_20220729_190425000 (resized).jpgPXL_20220729_190425000 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#731 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

There are other solutions however

I thought my solution involving flush cutters was quite eloquent and I'm offended it did not make the official documentation!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sorokyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod?tu=sorokyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.