(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,685 posts
  • 870 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 A few notes on the ESP8266 controller being used Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #396 WiFi Config - Quick Start Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #398 ZMeny discusses the sign mod on his podcast. Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #442 Documentation Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #664 Updated QR code and links to all documentation Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #881 Final list cutoff - 4th NOVEMEBER 2022 Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #1133 Firmware 1.1 and how to set the right sign to be individually lit Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedimastermatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1433 1 year ago

Congratulations on your well deserved award despite all the other worthy competition. Please add me to the list for a Premium model. Keep up the brilliant work.

3 months later
#1552 9 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hey team neon!
So I'm getting multiple daily requests to do another run of Tokyo Neon, to the point where I'm now considering the possibility. I just wanted to get a quick status check on that, and what people thought about it. Spill!
Here's a brain dump of my feelings on the matter.
1. A big (the biggest?) concern with doing another run is all those amazing people who have paid over the odds for them on the secondary market. I get that this is just the way re-releases work (Stern doing vaults, CGC releasing remakes and disrupting secondary prices) but at the same time I don't want those people to feel put out by my flip flopping. Maybe a discount on an upcoming mod to compensate?
2. Will it impact my ability to get other, newer mods out, in reasonable time? I think this might be less of an issue with our current way of working, as there is always some gap between mod releases that we could fill easily doing a small 100 pcs run of something that has been tried and tested, and could smash out in a week or two.
3. Will current owners be annoyed, that the mod isn't as limited as it was?
It's always really difficult to know where to stop with these things - Paul is finding the same problem with the AGZ - however it really is so amazing and incredible that the reception for what we're building has been so overwhelming, and continuing to be so. Massive gratitude and respect for that.
Scott Danesi always said that one of his biggest drivers for doing TNA2 was to get it into the hands of more people to enjoy, and I can relate to that. That's right - I just compared my dinky little sign to TNA. Deal.
Honesty as always appreciated and loved!

I say go for it Davey if you are feeling up to doing it. It’s a mod for a pinball machine that is supposed to bring joy to those that can appreciate it. It’s not a collectible and to be honest - the FOMO that seems to have gripped the mod markets isn’t healthy thing for the hobby even if there are some that take advantage of this by hoarding mods to resell later.

The challenge for you is to find a balance between the enjoyment you have doing it vs. the desire to satisfy those asking.

Perhaps the best model is:

- for “new” mods announce it and open up a preorder list. Make that mods list available for a set period of time. Maybe accept new preorders until your production gets near the end of the list. Then close the mod down for the first run.
- adopt a pre-set cycle to make the nest run philosophy. Perhaps you set a time based cycle where you say you will accept preorders for the next run in a set number of months/quarter/year or maybe state you are accepting pre-orders for the next run and won’t begin production until “x” number is reached.
-if any mod becomes to much hassle to build, simply retire it and IF you wanted make a “last call” announcement and then shut it down after that.

For me, as soon as I knew we wanted a Godzilla - I began ordering mods that I new I wanted and started stockpiling them. The FOMO for me was too high. Information is always key and if I knew I’m advance that a vendor has a set methodology to releasing their mods on a schedule, it would help ease that concern.

However, this is coming from someone who installed all of Davey’s mods yesterday, the new CNC flippers, clear pop bumpers, and a bunch of other stuff. So much so, that I didn’t get to sleep until 1 AM and I’m now actually ready to play some games on my new toy. So, for me - slowing down the rate of new mods at the moment isn’t necessarily a bad thing; but, man - that back wall of buildings with the Stumblor touch sure would be something to see sooner rather than later.

#1553 9 months ago

Btw - for those that have been running the mod for a long time, what are your thoughts on hooking it up to the GI or not?

My wife and niece both liked leaving it on all time after their first few games last night.

#1631 9 months ago

Another question for those with the mod already and those that have a plastic protector on the scoop hole where it is attached and also have a shaker - does the mod (and plastic) shake still with the plastic protector and mod in place?

My plastic protector set (from Pinball Life) didn't have one for the scoop hole and when the shaker goes off, I notice the mod and the plastic moving. I didn't know if having the plastic protector might help stiffen it enough to keep it from doing so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedimastermatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod?tu=jedimastermatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.