(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,685 posts
  • 870 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 A few notes on the ESP8266 controller being used Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #396 WiFi Config - Quick Start Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #398 ZMeny discusses the sign mod on his podcast. Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #442 Documentation Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #664 Updated QR code and links to all documentation Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #881 Final list cutoff - 4th NOVEMEBER 2022 Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Post #1133 Firmware 1.1 and how to set the right sign to be individually lit Posted by stumblor (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#641 1 year ago

Hey there - please add me to the list! It looks awesome!

1 month later
#822 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I'll get to it eventually !! Promise !!
Thanks so much for the kind words, really glad you're enjoying it.

**THIS*** I was just thinking about that the other day.... that you would be the perfect person to do the integration! Please make this happen!

2 months later
#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

There should be a little card with a scannable QR code in the box, which links to here
https://stumblorpinball.com/docs/gtn1

A couple of things…

1-My QR code didn’t work. It took me to some random page

2- this mod is ridiculous. It integrates into the game soooooooo well! It is both eye-catching but perfectly natural.

C1E890EE-B67F-4427-A6C4-6EFAED3F0D98 (resized).jpegC1E890EE-B67F-4427-A6C4-6EFAED3F0D98 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#1429 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I hadn't seen your posts here before the TWIPYs, so it was a pleasant surprise that I was able to meet you in person
Congrats again on the win And I couldn't tell you were nervous at all--your speech was great.

I think you both should have won! I know there can only be "1 winner" but man... the Stranger Things Mods is just so awesome. I can't imagine there has ever been a year with two so-deserving entries!

3 weeks later
#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I was doing a bit of reading on the Medisinyl elvira thread around what Greg's ethos is around discontinuing mods once a run is done, and why he doesn't revisit them after the fact. There's a few reasons - number one, to ensure that customers investments (and the secondary market) is secure and not diluted by further runs, and secondly, to ensure that we as makers can always be pushing forward with new ideas instead of looking back. These are thoughts I've had privately and been grappling with over the past few months, but Greg's position really sealed it for me, so I'm going to take the same approach.
So with that in mind, and with a slightly heavy heart - Tokyo Neon is now DISCONTINUED. Thank you everyone who has contributed to this absolutely unbelievable, insane, crazy ride. Let's make some mods!
Everyone above is on. Everyone below - my apologies - but there's plenty more stuff on the way, so I'll see you for the next one

While I am sad to see the ends of an era, I am encouraged by the start of a new one…. Specifically… a controller that will allow the CGC Medieval Madness topper fully operate on an original machine!

2 months later
#1579 9 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hey team neon!
So I'm getting multiple daily requests to do another run of Tokyo Neon, to the point where I'm now considering the possibility. I just wanted to get a quick status check on that, and what people thought about it. Spill!
Here's a brain dump of my feelings on the matter.
1. A big (the biggest?) concern with doing another run is all those amazing people who have paid over the odds for them on the secondary market. I get that this is just the way re-releases work (Stern doing vaults, CGC releasing remakes and disrupting secondary prices) but at the same time I don't want those people to feel put out by my flip flopping. Maybe a discount on an upcoming mod to compensate?
2. Will it impact my ability to get other, newer mods out, in reasonable time? I think this might be less of an issue with our current way of working, as there is always some gap between mod releases that we could fill easily doing a small 100 pcs run of something that has been tried and tested, and could smash out in a week or two.
3. Will current owners be annoyed, that the mod isn't as limited as it was?
It's always really difficult to know where to stop with these things - Paul is finding the same problem with the AGZ - however it really is so amazing and incredible that the reception for what we're building has been so overwhelming, and continuing to be so. Massive gratitude and respect for that.
Scott Danesi always said that one of his biggest drivers for doing TNA2 was to get it into the hands of more people to enjoy, and I can relate to that. That's right - I just compared my dinky little sign to TNA. Deal.
Honesty as always appreciated and loved!

Wouldn’t bother me… they are still making the game and many people have waited months for a delivery.

If you are worried that people may feel cheated… just kick the price up $20 so the early adopters are rewarded For ordering early (however it wouldn’t bother me if you charged the original price)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NC_Pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod?tu=NC_Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.