(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,685 posts
  • 870 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 34.
#401 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Strike that! I requested to be on the list but now see that my husband beat me to it by 8 days. We don’t need 2 so disregard this post.

No probs! It's nice when you have so much in common with your partner

#402 1 year ago

Count me in on the full building replacement as well when that happens. Sorry, I just love this mod and am really excited about it and the idea of the building being replaced!

#403 1 year ago

Please put me on the list! Looks amazing!

#404 1 year ago

Hey Davey, in case my PM gets lost in your swamped inbox, please add me to the second run. Thanks!

#405 1 year ago

I’m definitely in on the second run.

#406 1 year ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Count me in on the full building replacement as well when that happens. Sorry, I just love this mod and am really excited about it and the idea of the building being replaced!

Thanks so much, but we haven't started that list yet. When the time comes, I will let you know!

Quoted from Jackalwere:

Hey Davey, in case my PM gets lost in your swamped inbox, please add me to the second run. Thanks!

Hey Brian, thanks again for the support. I'm managing to keep on top of the posts and PMs for the moment, but really its the calm before the storm while I wait for everything to arrive and do all the QA. Mid July is when its all going to go slightly bananas

#407 1 year ago

Wow, Davey, just seeing this?! Authentic!

Count me in please & pm incoming.

#408 1 year ago

This is awesome! Easy prediction: TWIPY for best mod of 2022.

Unless the building surpasses it

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

This is awesome! Easy prediction: TWIPY for best mod of 2022.

Wouldn't that be something. Pipped at the post by my own mod!

#410 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. I’m already on list for first run, but need a second for a friend. Thank you.

#411 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

New building!? How did I miss this news? Any more details available on this?

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

New building!? How did I miss this news? Any more details available on this?

No details yet, other than it will be in the same style as this one, only larger to accommodate the whole right rear building (we'll be doing the others at the back too, in due course). We've been hashing out some rough plans, but my general feeling is to stick as close as possible to Yeti's designs, because they're freakin rad:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

We'll probably have something ready to show toward the end of these runs. The new mod will probably have its own thread, which I'll link to in this one.

Got some ideas? Let us know! Can't promise that we'll use them, but you never know

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

No details yet, other than it will be in the same style as this one

Is this going to be a pro only mod?

#414 1 year ago

He's not talking about the building toy, but the ones across the back that have the light up signs. I believe this area is same on pro/pre/le.

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

He's not talking about the building toy, but the ones across the back that have the light up signs. I believe this area is same on pro/pre/le.

Oh, yeah Duh! I haven't had enough coffee yet today. Thanks!

#416 1 year ago

No we're talking about the noodle bar building back right - same on the pro, prem and le. These are the ones we're looking to do

1. Tokyo Neon (Plastic 8 511-5930-08)
2. Noodle Bar (Right Building 511-5961-01)
3. Cinema (Is it tho?) (Back Panel 500-2560-00)
4. Subway (Left Ramp 500-2561-01)

The only one which will be prem/le only is #3 since that is only a decal on the pro, the fixing points don't exist on the backpanel, and the mod will have a big hole in it for the VUK. All the others will be for all versions.

Pretty sure Lior is doing a building mod for the middle Drake building, so might just let him focus on that one. But who knows

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

No we're talking about the noodle bar building back right - same on the pro, prem and le. These are the ones we're looking to do

Cant wait! These will be awesome. I will make sure I keep an eye out so I can get on the list faster then the sign mod. (I think I am 217)

Quoted from stumblor:

Pretty sure Lior is doing a building mod for the middle Drake building, so might just let him focus on that one. But who knows

Yikes. Better apply for a loan now so I have the funds available!

#418 1 year ago

Cant wait! These will be awesome. I will make sure I keep an eye out so I can get on the list faster then the sign mod. (I think I am 217)

219, but who's counting.

Just kidding, I totally am.

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

We'll probably have something ready to show toward the end of these runs. The new mod will probably have its own thread, which I'll link to in this one.
Got some ideas? Let us know! Can't promise that we'll use them, but you never know

Crazy idea and probably highly impractical, but I'd love to see a mod going the opposite direction in time. One of the cut scenes is of Godzilla destroying a distinctly Japanese castle... so go for a historic asian theme. Collapsing building change to a Japanese castle, other buildings change to traditional building styles, etc...

#421 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

...my general feeling is to stick as close as possible to Yeti's designs...
...Got some ideas? Let us know! Can't promise that we'll use them, but you never know...

So the good thing about the printed artwork buildings is the lighting. The building in the image you shared is just one color, but its realistic because he added the highlights/shadows.On the other hand, just 3d print a building out of a single color resin/plastic it's going to be very flat because miniature scale objects don't have as dramatic reflection/shadows as real life objects. For the few people who know how to paint the the lighting effects, a good building sculpt can look great. Otherwise, it will just have a cheap look to it. The mezel mod building replacements use a few colors, but it still looks very flat and unrealistic (not trying to bash them, its a hard problem to solve).

Curious what your approach will be. Your sign doesn't have this problem really since its a thin bezel (although i will probably do some edge hightlighting and maybe some weathering effects on mine)

#422 1 year ago

(dupe)

#423 1 year ago

Happy I got in on the first run.
Can’t wait.
And now This to look forward to as the big picture ! Wow!

Fantastic. Very cool.
Very happy to see the demand too. Awesome.

“The calm before the storm” lol.
Figured I’d get this message in before you disappear into your genius lab ;P

Cheers

Quoted from stumblor:

The only one which will be prem/le only is #3 since that is only a decal on the pro, the fixing points don't exist on the backpanel, and the mod will have a big hole in it for the VUK. All the others will be for all versions.

#424 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

So the good thing about the printed artwork buildings is the lighting. The building in the image you shared is just one color, but its realistic because he added the highlights/shadows.On the other hand, just 3d print a building out of a single color resin/plastic it's going to be very flat because miniature scale objects don't have as dramatic reflection/shadows as real life objects. For the few people who know how to paint the the lighting effects, a good building sculpt can look great. Otherwise, it will just have a cheap look to it. The mezel mod building replacements use a few colors, but it still looks very flat and unrealistic (not trying to bash them, its a hard problem to solve).
Curious what your approach will be. Your sign doesn't have this problem really since its a thin bezel (although i will probably do some edge hightlighting and maybe some weathering effects on mine)

I actually dig the theater design from Mezel but agree that the other two sculpts seem flat. Opted just to do the signs instead but it would seem that was wasted money now too since these are likely to blow those away too!

#425 1 year ago

Add me to the list!

#426 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

This is really insightful, and something I have been giving a lot of thought to over the last few weeks. My prints up to this point have used PA12, which is great in the sense that it gives a really nice, slightly textured finish - however as you point out, can run the risk of being too flat and inorganic when used for a larger sculpt like the buildings. There are a couple of directions we could go with it, and will be reviewing those over the next few months, both in terms of the final result quality and what the cost implications of that might be (how far do you go?). As always, the main priority is to make sure that is sits nicely within the context of the game.

Really interested to see what painting effects you end up doing! My son has been dry brushing a few of my protos to give a weathering effect (he is just starting out with miniature painting So maybe you will give him some great ideas.

#427 1 year ago

In on the second run of the sign mod. Thanks

#428 1 year ago

Please add me to the second run thanks

#429 1 year ago

please add me to the list for the second run. thanks.
-troy

#430 1 year ago

We just got our game a few weeks ago.
This is a must have.
Please put me on the second batch list please.

#431 1 year ago

J85M and Colywobbles fix up look sharp - time to do some beta testing!

Everything still on track for mid July at the moment. In the meantime I've been refining the code, ironing out a few niggles, and testing like crazy. Second run is filling up - still around 100 places left (out of 250). Absolutely incredible. I'm super happy, but at the same time laser focused on living up to that expectation.

Pinball is rad!

#432 1 year ago

I was luckily enough to see your impressive detailed post when it first popped up and I was in right away. I’m just really blown away with your level of detail and concern for the quality of this mod.

You are f#%king rad!!

#433 1 year ago

Please put me on the list as well!, thanks!

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

J85M and Colywobbles fix up look sharp - time to do some beta testing!
[quoted image]
Everything still on track for mid July at the moment. In the meantime I've been refining the code, ironing out a few niggles, and testing like crazy. Second run is filling up - still around 100 places left (out of 250). Absolutely incredible. I'm super happy, but at the same time laser focused on living up to that expectation.
Pinball is rad!

Wow even the packaging looks completly pro! Keep up the great work and look forward for all these post on the process. It’s fun to follow your process

#435 1 year ago

I'm convinced with the slick packaging and presentation. Put me in for the second run please!

#436 1 year ago
Quoted from Sehested:

Wow even the packaging looks completly pro! Keep up the great work and look forward for all these post on the process. It’s fun to follow your process

Quoted from wywin:

I'm convinced with the slick packaging and presentation. Put me in for the second run please!

Thanks fellas. I sampled about 5 different suppliers to arrive at these ones. Boxes were getting rejecting because they weren't black enough, or for having slightly wonky folds. Totally over the top and OCD I know, but it's the little things right.

#437 1 year ago

Please put me on list. Thanks!

#438 1 year ago

Please also add me to the list.

#439 1 year ago

Add me to the list. Thank you!

#440 1 year ago

Im in. Put me on the list as well!

#441 1 year ago

I’m in for one please.

#442 1 year ago

Happy Friday!

For anyone who wants to get ahead of the game, here's a link to the documentation. If you see anything that is confusing, misspelled, borderline derogatory or historically revisionist, please speak up!

Godzilla "Tokyo Neon" sign mod - documentation

Just a note that some of the images still need to be changed to use the actual production boards, cables etc.

#443 1 year ago

Very impressive! I can not wait!!

#444 1 year ago

Nice one Davey

#445 1 year ago

I'm in, put me down for one.

#446 1 year ago

Add me to the list please! Great idea

#447 1 year ago

Sent you a PM

#448 1 year ago

Pm sent

#449 1 year ago

Please add me to the list, Thanks!
looks incredible

#450 1 year ago

might as well get on this list too, add me .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 16.00
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 1,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/9?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.