(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,680 posts
  • 869 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by PopieJopie
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,680 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.
#1501 11 months ago

My sign is not working right. Must be loose connection somewhere

B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpegB7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpegE8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpegE8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
#1502 11 months ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

My sign is not working right. Must be loose connection somewhere
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'll PM you.

#1503 11 months ago

Mine came today, now the machine needs to arrive

#1504 11 months ago

I should prob install mine now! Had it sitting next to the machine for months ...

1 week later
#1505 10 months ago

Hey everyone! Just a little puff piece for my man J85M who has just announced his very first mod - and it's a banger - the Deadpool 'Hellhouse' sign. Designed by swinks and powered by my very own Lollypops, so full pattern and colour control over WiFi as per usual. 8 different game triggers. Enjoy! Head on over to the thread and show him some big ups.

#1506 10 months ago

Just wanted to say thanks to stumblor for this really nice mod. It was packaged securely, looks great and he was very helpful with any questions during install.

IMG_1207 (resized).jpegIMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
#1507 10 months ago

I also want to thank stumblor for this very high quality mod! Wasn’t bad to install (I used the YouTube video). I’m especially blown away by the almost infinite ways to customize this, which really helps justify this sign as mod of the year. Cheers! Really glad I got in on the last run (hopefully others get a crack at these lucky charms if he decides to do another run) PS ***I also got the splitter + and wondering if you make the open-ended cables to plug into the extra power slots for other mods? I also want those green plastics for GZ
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png

1 week later
#1508 10 months ago

Just in case anyone changed their mind or ended up selling their GZ, thanks for any help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-amp-splitter-board#post-7586456

#1509 10 months ago

Joining the Godzilla club late during the next round of production, in the off chance you ever revisit this mod I'd be interested.

#1511 10 months ago

Thanks, had to request to join the group, fingers crossed and thanks again.

Is someone selling theirs as that link just took me to the group and didn’t see any for sale after scrolling through a bunch of posts?

#1512 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Thanks, had to request to join the group, fingers crossed and thanks again.
Is someone selling theirs as that link just took me to the group and didn’t see any for sale after scrolling through a bunch of posts?

Sorry about that, the post has been removed, don't know why, maybe they sold it already or the post wasn't allowed.....

#1513 10 months ago

sucks I just bought a godzilla and I missed out on this mod......

1 week later
#1514 9 months ago

Hi,
Please add me on the list for a LE version !
Thanks

#1515 9 months ago

Following

#1516 9 months ago
Quoted from Boaz:

Hi,
Please add me on the list for a LE version !
Thanks

This thread name was changed to discontinued a while ago, he’s not planning to make more…

#1517 9 months ago
Quoted from mstang01:

This thread name was changed to discontinued a while ago, he’s not planning to make more…

He blessed us with an epic mod and moved on. Happy for him, thankful I ordered when I did.

To say this is the best mod ever is an understatement.

2 weeks later
#1518 9 months ago

No Godzilla should be without this mod, incredible!

#1519 9 months ago

I know the mod is discontinued, but I'd be all in on a new run if you decided to redux.

Added 9 months ago:

I bought one second hand. Never run this thing again so I can justify the inflated demand price!

#1520 9 months ago

Add me to list if Stumblor is doing another rerun of tokyo neon sign.

#1521 9 months ago

I have a chance to buy a 2nd hand Toyoko Neon Sign. Is there anything I would need to do to make the Premium version fit pro?

#1522 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I have a chance to buy a 2nd hand Toyoko Neon Sign. Is there anything I would need to do to make the Premium version fit pro?

pretty sure there is no difference between the two with this mod.....if I was you buy that as quickly as you can, there will be no more made and very hard to find someone willing to part with it and it is amazing.

#1523 9 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

pretty sure there is no difference between the two with this mod.....if I was you buy that as quickly as you can, there will be no more made and very hard to find someone willing to part with it and it is amazing.

Yep that's right, it's only the connection for the flasher socket which can just by cut off the cable loom.

#1524 9 months ago

Installed this full set the other day. Instructions could not have been more thorough. Feeding the wires through the pop bumper was definitely the most difficult part like you said.

Great job! It’s a fantastic mod!

#1525 9 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

thanks! REALLY not making this decision for my wallet any easier...

#1526 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

thanks! REALLY not making this decision for my wallet any easier...

I got my machine couple months ago, after this closed, got lucky and found one, paid about 100 more than it cost and would do it again in a heart beat, it is amazing.....

#1527 9 months ago

I had an easy time feeding the wires through the pop bumper tbh. What I did was use a small flat head screwdriver to press the wires to the side a little bit and that made feeding the wire through the tight hole very easy. Really no issue at all.

I had a much more difficult time getting each of the small connectors on to the lolli board than I did the pop bumper wires.

#1528 9 months ago

Welp.. I hope ya'll are right. I pulled the trigger on one gently used. I paid a pretty penny but I'm a sucker for cool shit.

#1529 9 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Welp.. I hope ya'll are right. I pulled the trigger on one gently used. I paid a pretty penny but I'm a sucker for cool shit.

Full support from me should anything go wrong!

#1530 9 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Full support from me should anything go wrong!

And I can testify it is FULL support.

Skippy2904

#1531 9 months ago

I am looking for one of these if anyone has one they will part with. Please PM me if you have one to sell.

#1532 9 months ago

If there is a list for another run, PLEASE put me on it!

Thanks!

#1533 8 months ago

If anyone wants to sell theirs, PM me! If you do a second run, put me on the list please! Thank you!

#1534 8 months ago

I never thought that the Tokyo Sign and the UFO Lolly mod could totally change the atmosphere of this great Pin, but it did!
It‘s absolutely amazing!
Well done Stumblor!
Now I need some mods like them that both sides are in an optical balance!

#1535 8 months ago
Quoted from Joca:

I never thought that the Tokyo Sign and the UFO Lolly mod could totally change the atmosphere of this great Pin, but it did!
It‘s absolutely amazing!
Well done Stumblor!
Now I need some mods like them that both sides are in an optical balance!

I cannot wait for the UFO mod... you are right it changes the atmosphere!

#1536 8 months ago

Put me on the list should you decide to do another run.

#1537 8 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yep that's right, it's only the connection for the flasher socket which can just by cut off the cable loom.

Just to make sure I'm doing this right. I cut this cable off with the socket?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1538 8 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Just to make sure I'm doing this right. I cut this cable off with the socket?
[quoted image]

Yep, exactly!

#1539 8 months ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Put me on the list should you decide to do another run.

2nd this.

I’m on lists for everything else GZ but missed out on this one and really wanted it to complete everything when it all comes.

#1540 8 months ago

If there’s a second run put me on the list or if anyone wants to sell their mod let me know. Thanks!

#1541 8 months ago

Thanks so much!!! I know everyone here knows this but wow THIS THING IS AWESOME!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1542 8 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Thanks so much!!! I know everyone here knows this but wow THIS THING IS AWESOME!! [quoted image]

yes it is, why I said go for it no matter the cost...... soon I'll be getting the rest of his items, can't wait....

#1543 8 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

yes it is, why I said go for it no matter the cost...... soon I'll be getting the rest of his items, can't wait....

I'm real tempted for the noddle bar. Assuming all the buildings get the treatment. Is there any risk to "overloading" the node board or power system in a machine with a bunch of these type mods?

#1544 8 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

I'm real tempted for the noddle bar. Assuming all the buildings get the treatment. Is there any risk to "overloading" the node board or power system in a machine with a bunch of these type mods?

That's a question for Dave, but I don't believe so, if needed that is what a splitter is for, but I only have 1 so far, others have this and the saucer working together....He has a Godzilla and is doing all this for himself too, he's got it all figured out.

#1545 8 months ago

Add me to list if Stumblor is doing another rerun of tokyo neon sign.

#1546 8 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

Nope all good - the splitter+ was designed specifically with so we could neon-ify all those back buildings

#1547 8 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Nope all good - the splitter+ was designed specifically with so we could neon-ify all those back buildings

Thanks!! RIP WALLET

#1548 8 months ago

Hey team neon!

So I'm getting multiple daily requests to do another run of Tokyo Neon, to the point where I'm now considering the possibility. I just wanted to get a quick status check on that, and what people thought about it. Spill!

Here's a brain dump of my feelings on the matter.

1. A big (the biggest?) concern with doing another run is all those amazing people who have paid over the odds for them on the secondary market. I get that this is just the way re-releases work (Stern doing vaults, CGC releasing remakes and disrupting secondary prices) but at the same time I don't want those people to feel put out by my flip flopping. Maybe a discount on an upcoming mod to compensate?

2. Will it impact my ability to get other, newer mods out, in reasonable time? I think this might be less of an issue with our current way of working, as there is always some gap between mod releases that we could fill easily doing a small 100 pcs run of something that has been tried and tested, and could smash out in a week or two.

3. Will current owners be annoyed, that the mod isn't as limited as it was?

It's always really difficult to know where to stop with these things - Paul is finding the same problem with the AGZ - however it really is so amazing and incredible that the reception for what we're building has been so overwhelming, and continuing to be so. Massive gratitude and respect for that.

Scott Danesi always said that one of his biggest drivers for doing TNA2 was to get it into the hands of more people to enjoy, and I can relate to that. That's right - I just compared my dinky little sign to TNA. Deal.

Honesty as always appreciated and loved!

#1549 8 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hey team neon!
So I'm getting multiple daily requests to do another run of Tokyo Neon, to the point where I'm now considering the possibility. I just wanted to get a quick status check on that, and what people thought about it. Spill!
Here's a brain dump of my feelings on the matter.
1. A big (the biggest?) concern with doing another run is all those amazing people who have paid over the odds for them on the secondary market. I get that this is just the way things re-releases work (Stern doing vaults, CGC releasing remakes and disrupting secondary prices) but at the same time I don't want those people to feel put out by my flip flopping. Maybe a discount on an upcoming mod to compensate?
2. Will it impact my ability to get other, newer mods out, in reasonable time? I think this might be less of an issue with our current way of working, as there is always some gap between mod releases that we could fill easily doing a small 100 pcs run of something that has been tried and tested, and could smash out in a week or two.
3. Will current owners be annoyed, that the mod isn't as limited as it was?
It's always really difficult to know where to stop with these things - Paul is finding the same problem with the AGZ - however it really is so amazing and incredible that the reception for what we're building has been so overwhelming, and continuing to be so. Massive gratitude and respect for that.
Scott Danesi always said that one of his biggest drivers for doing TNA2 was to get it into the hands of more people to enjoy, and I can relate to that. That's right - I just compared my dinky little sign to TNA. Deal.
Honesty as always appreciated and loved!

I don't even own a godzilla yet, but I'd in if your were to do another run of them.

#1550 8 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hey team neon!
So I'm getting multiple daily requests to do another run of Tokyo Neon, to the point where I'm now considering the possibility. I just wanted to get a quick status check on that, and what people thought about it.

Please put Me on the list for the neon sign. I’m already on the list for the ufo and noodle bar. The only reason I’m not already on the neon list is because it was closed already.

Regarding feelings of those that already have it. If they’re buying for investment they’re trying to make money on your work (why shouldn’t you make more if you discover that you have a great product). People should be be happy others get to pimp out their games.

If you make a great product (and you do) people will buy it.

I want a complete set of your mods for Godzilla. I would hate to get left out of one of the complete set due to timing.

Add me to the list, please!

Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Denver, CO
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy
Toppers
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
There are 1,680 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.