pasted_image (resized).png
C1E890EE-B67F-4427-A6C4-6EFAED3F0D98 (resized).jpeg
20221115_174227 (resized).jpg
20221115_174201 (resized).jpg
671314ED-D2C3-4A0F-8CF6-5DF255F3E330 (resized).jpeg
41FFC229-B18C-40D7-ACBC-15780BD42359 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4449b (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 25.
#1151 11 days ago

I just installed the sign this morning and am very impressed with the quality of it. It looks beautiful! I have to get caught up on connecting it to wifi and updating it to the latest firmware (which is completely amazing for a mod!) and based off of this, I would be in for a building mod too! Excellent work and worth every penny.

#1152 11 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just installed the sign this morning and am very impressed with the quality of it. It looks beautiful! I have to get caught up on connecting it to wifi and updating it to the latest firmware (which is completely amazing for a mod!) and based off of this, I would be in for a building mod too! Excellent work and worth every penny.

Thanks so much, really glad you're enjoying it!

#1153 11 days ago

If names still be taken, please add me to the list, amazing mod!

#1154 11 days ago

Love the functionality where the right side of the sign can be individual controlled and dark when not active, huge improvement when quickly looking to see what the scoop will do - thanks!

#1155 11 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Love the functionality where the right side of the sign can be individual controlled and dark when not active, huge improvement when quickly looking to see what the scoop will do - thanks!

I completely agree! We have Jedi_Gill to thank for that awesome idea.

#1156 11 days ago

You have my vote as well.If the ufo mod had been ready you may have gone 1 and 2 for best mod twippy.

#1157 11 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I'm please to announce a major firmware update! Whoop whoop!
Godzilla Tokyo Neon v1.1.0
* IMPROVEMENT MOD : Access the UI config through a URL & normal WiFi connection
* IMPROVEMENT UI : Add a colour wheel RGB input box to more accurately enter colour
* IMPROVEMENT UI : Rename sign tabs to be more descriptive
* IMPROVEMENT UI : Brightness sliders renamed to be more descriptive
* IMPROVEMENT UI : Patterns section help text, and rename of 'at rest' tab
* IMPROVEMENT MOD : Separation of the sign into 3 individually controlled & triggered sections
* IMPROVEMENT MOD : Pattern 'Sign Glitter' SpinSpeed changed to look nicer
* IMPROVEMENT DOCS : Step 30 changes to mention potential tightness of CN11 fit
* BUG UI : Global brightness doesn't remember it's value
* BUG UI : Color wheel overlaps colours below
* BUG UI : PatternNum resets to zero when updating firmware (or setting defaults)
* BUG MOD : Dimming sometimes makes mode lights lose their 'trigger' status.
* BUG MOD : Triggered patterns sometimes disappear briefly during hectic gameplay
* BUG MOD : Single colour patterns don't respond to 'mix' colours nicely
https://stumbl.org/notes/4CqZpPzx/1.1.0
There are two super interesting parts to this update.
Interesting part 1 - The sign section of the mod (the rightmost acrylic) is now split into 3 different sections, which can all be individually lit with different patterns and colours. This means that they can be synced and triggered directly to the mode lights. It's amazing what this small change does to the functionality of the sign - check it out:

While this is a great addition to Tokyo Neon, it is also a major breakthrough in terms of future mods, because it essentially means that a single LED data line on the ESP8266 can be split into multiple independent groups, massively increasing the output capabilities of the chip. This is going to be used extensively on our upcoming building mod (spoiler!).
By default, the mod will behave in the same way as previous. To turn on the individual sign triggers, go into the UI and change all the 'Sign' At Rest patterns to OFF.
[quoted image]
Interesting part 2 - The UI configuration can now be accessed through a central URL (and from your internal WiFi), which means you no longer have to disconnect/reconnect to the access point of the device. Better yet, ALL of our mods will be registered and accessible in the same way. Super profesh!
To register a mod, just follow these steps:
Step 1. Install firmware 1.1.0
Step 2. Navigate to http://stumbl.org (And be impressed at the ingenious nature of my domain name).
Step 3. Click 'Add Product' and then follow the steps
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Once registered, clicking on the mod will open its UI configuration screen. Phase 2 will be converting this into an app, which will make it even easier to access.
We've been testing the crap out of the above process over the last few weeks, but we did experience some weirdness on certain internal networks (Jedi_Gill has the most insane wifi setup you've ever seen), so please bear with us and report back with your experiences. I've found this to be a huge improvement over the previous way of connecting to the mods so want it to be as good as possible, but it should still be considered alpha at this point. Bear in mind you can still access all the mods in the same way as before, should you wish to.
Massive thanks to Bangback for his installation feedback, wywin for his QA handywork, and especially Jedi_Gill for handing over massive amounts of free labour for nuffin'. You guys are super rad!
Enjoy team!

Just wanted to note that I tried to access the UI config on a 5GHz band and it didn't work, but at 2.4 it did. Thanks again for adding all of this amazing functionality!

#1159 10 days ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Please add me list
Thank you

Please add me to the list, I should be getting a pro by the end of the week!

#1160 10 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Well, this is annoying. FatPanda was 573 on the list and I was 547 and I still haven't gotten mine delivered yet. Royal Mail tracking hasn't worked for two weeks so I don't know if it's a customs issue or what. I'm glad other people are getting theirs, just frustrated that mine hasn't arrived and I don't know where it is. **NOTE: I want to be clear this is not a complaint about Davey -- I know that Royal Mail has the package and it's on its way, that was established before their website went kaputt. He's been great, I just want to get and install this mod.

#1161 10 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have to get caught up on connecting it to wifi and updating it to the latest firmware (which is completely amazing for a mod!)

How do you connect this to WiFi Davey?

#1162 10 days ago
Quoted from sugarhillabe:

Well, this is annoying. FatPanda was 573 on the list and I was 547 and I still haven't gotten mine delivered yet. Royal Mail tracking hasn't worked for two weeks so I don't know if it's a customs issue or what. I'm glad other people are getting theirs, just frustrated that mine hasn't arrived and I don't know where it is. **NOTE: I want to be clear this is not a complaint about Davey -- I know that Royal Mail has the package and it's on its way, that was established before their website went kaputt. He's been great, I just want to get and install this mod.

Use the USPS website for tracking with the same tracking number. Mine was stuck at Chicago customs for about 10 days. I'm sure that's where yours is too.

#1163 10 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

The game and mod has to be on (in attract). You need to open up the wifi menu on your device of choice and you'll see the mod listed as one of the things you can connect to. Once you select it, your device will say that it's not connected to the network. Hit "Always Connect" or "Only This Time"

Once you've connected, then you'll need to open a browser tab and enter 192.168.4.1 into your browser bar. You should see the UI.

From there, go to (I think) "Settings" and I can't remember the exact button, but it was on the bottom right on my phone. It'll ask you to type in your network name and password. If you've done that correctly, it will connect. Again, make sure it's on 2.4 GHz band and not 5GHZ.

#1164 10 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The game and mod has to be on (in attract). You need to open up the wifi menu on your device of choice and you'll see the mod listed as one of the things you can connect to. Once you select it, your device will say that it's not connected to the network. Hit "Always Connect" or "Only This Time"
Once you've connected, then you'll need to open a browser tab and enter 192.168.4.1 into your browser bar. You should see the UI.
From there, go to (I think) "Settings" and I can't remember the exact button, but it was on the bottom right on my phone. It'll ask you to type in your network name and password. If you've done that correctly, it will connect. Again, make sure it's on 2.4 GHz band and not 5GHZ.

Is it possible to configure the mode to connect to your home wifi and be available on your LAN?
Or do you have to keep switching the wifi on your phone to connect to the mod any time you want to connect?

#1165 10 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Always check the key posts at the beginning of the thread... Davey's already busy enough!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod

#1166 10 days ago
Quoted from arrbee:

Is it possible to configure the mode to connect to your home wifi and be available on your LAN?
Or do you have to keep switching the wifi on your phone to connect to the mod any time you want to connect?

That I'm not sure about. I think Davey mentioned working everything into an app. Or using the Alpha method mentioned in his post above. That way is a bit easier I think.

#1167 10 days ago
Quoted from sugarhillabe:

Hey mate - I'm starting to get the feeling there's something wrong with the package, rather than just a RM issue. I'll contact you over PM.

#1168 10 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That I'm not sure about. I think Davey mentioned working everything into an app. Or using the Alpha method mentioned in his post above. That way is a bit easier I think.

Hey - there's two ways now

1. You can either connect to direct to the device's access point (stumblor-tokyo1-xxxx) and then navigate to 192.168.4.1. This is well documented, and the traditional way to do it.

or...

2. (Post 1.1.0 firmware) you can go to stumbl.org and click 'Add Product' and follow the prompts.

Any problems feel free to give me a PM

#1169 10 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Use the USPS website for tracking with the same tracking number. Mine was stuck at Chicago customs for about 10 days. I'm sure that's where yours is too.

Thanks. I plugged the number in USPS and got a "Label created, not yet in system" message, but appreciate the info that RM and USPS share tracking numbers.

#1170 10 days ago

Please add me to the list. Thanks.

#1171 9 days ago

Please put me on the list.

#1172 9 days ago

Please add me to the list

#1173 9 days ago

Payment sent. Looks great. I actually don’t mind the music in the promo. Goes with the game.

#1174 9 days ago

I’m having issues connecting to the device. I’m sure it’s user error. I’m not seeing it as an option to even connect to when I search for WiFi networks. Is there something that needs to be turned on the device that I missed? The sign is installed into the machine and working. It doesn’t change colors or show when each item is specifically lit but I imagine that’s all in getting it connected and changing those settings. Any trouble shooting tips are welcomed! This is my first pin and my first mod lol I am starting from the bottom

#1175 9 days ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I’m having issues connecting to the device. I’m sure it’s user error. I’m not seeing it as an option to even connect to when I search for WiFi networks. Is there something that needs to be turned on the device that I missed? The sign is installed into the machine and working. It doesn’t change colors or show when each item is specifically lit but I imagine that’s all in getting it connected and changing those settings. Any trouble shooting tips are welcomed! This is my first pin and my first mod lol I am starting from the bottom

That doesn't sound right. It should definately work out of the box without any intervention. I'll PM you.

#1176 9 days ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Be sure you are in the 2.4 network and not 5.

#1177 8 days ago

Got
Mine yesterday #572
Awesome mod.

29C1EDC4-10D9-410C-B967-3E5CED95C860 (resized).jpegE256AA68-4B9C-431A-91DA-0CA9612C8054 (resized).jpeg
#1178 8 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am a little jealous of all of you with working signs. I got mine last week but it is not functioning correctly. It was really frustrating to get it installed to only have to take it right back out to be able to play my machine without fear of burning up a node board (I have a friend who fried a node board with his board shorting out on the flasher). I don't see any other reports of others having issues with theirs so it appears we just got really unlucky. Hopefully the replacement gets here soon and I can join the club officially.

The replacement circuit board worked perfectly stumblor - thanks!

We were also careful to heat shrink the flasher terminals fooflighter

#1179 8 days ago
Quoted from Trumpanche:

The replacement circuit board worked perfectly stumblor - thanks!
We were also careful to heat shrink the flasher terminals fooflighter

Good advice - We are also doing this on all new kits going out. Really glad you're up and running!

#1180 8 days ago

I finally circled back around to try and get the GI sensing to work but I’m not having any luck, the sign would stay dark all the time unless I adjust the minimum dimming via the app then it stays at the minimum. I’m on the latest firmware etc., the board is an earlier rev. as it doesn’t have an a/b switch on it. The gi sense cable did appear to have its wire colors flipped at the bulb pigtail, but if I swap wires then only the kaju battle lights up constantly and the wifi doesn’t seem to work… anyone see this before?

#1181 8 days ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I finally circled back around to try and get the GI sensing to work but I’m not having any luck, the sign would stay dark all the time unless I adjust the minimum dimming via the app then it stays at the minimum. I’m on the latest firmware etc., the board is an earlier rev. as it doesn’t have an a/b switch on it. The gi sense cable did appear to have its wire colors flipped at the bulb pigtail, but if I swap wires then only the kaju battle lights up constantly and the wifi doesn’t seem to work… anyone see this before?

Hey - sorry if we've discussed before (hard to keep track sometimes!) but have you seen the service bulletin?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/13#post-7052055
Post 625 GI dimming service bulletin for users with serial GTN1-0001 to GTN1-0080

Essentially boards in that 1-80 range need to move the GI sense cable onto the TX pin, usually RED side, but if that doesn't work try it on the black side of the cable.

#1182 8 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hey - sorry if we've discussed before (hard to keep track sometimes!) but have you seen the service bulletin?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/13#post-7052055
Post 625 GI dimming service bulletin for users with serial GTN1-0001 to GTN1-0080
Essentially boards in that 1-80 range need to move the GI sense cable onto the TX pin, usually RED side, but if that doesn't work try it on the black side of the cable.

I did read that but didn’t understand it since the cable has a two pin connector… I just found the factory tx pin on the back header and after playing with it a bit I was able to get it working, thanks!

#1183 8 days ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I did read that but didn’t understand it since the cable has a two pin connector… I just found the factory tx pin on the back header and after playing with it a bit I was able to get it working, thanks!

Ahh awesome, great to hear!

#1184 7 days ago

I’d like to join the list please

#1185 7 days ago

Can you put me on the list.
Thanks

#1186 7 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Wait, are you saying people outside that range should use the the normal GI plug or everyone should be using the TX pin?

#1187 7 days ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Wait, are you saying people outside that range should use the the normal GI plug or everyone should be using the TX pin?

The TX pin should just be for the first 80 made (the one I was having trouble with was in that first batch). I’m not sure if the other issue with the wire colors being swapped on the lamp pigtail went beyond those first units but that’s easy to spot if your wire colors don’t match at the connection between the gi sense cable and the lamp pigtail.

#1188 7 days ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The TX pin should just be for the first 80 made (the one I was having trouble with was in that first batch). I’m not sure if the other issue with the wire colors being swapped on the lamp pigtail went beyond those first units but that’s easy to spot if your wire colors don’t match at the connection between the gi sense cable and the lamp pigtail.

Yes exactly right - and thanks

There have been a few small board revisions along the way, which went something like this, hope this explains everything a bit better.

0 to 80
Incorrect ESP8266 PIN assigned to GI sensing (this pin also performs a 'sleep' function under certain condition, ffs). Solution - Update firmware and install GI cable on the TX pin

80 to ~200
Potential GI wire mismatch. Solution - Use the TX pin (Black cable side) or swap the GI cable pins using tweezers (its easier than it sounds).

~200 to 600
Potential GI wire mismatch. Solution - A/B switch added to automatically select cable polarity.

600+
Potential GI wire mismatch. Solution - Bridge rectifier added which negates the need for cable polarity.

It should also be noted that as soon as people started raising the cable polarity mismatch, I changed over all the bulbs by hand to correct them (I'm very good at it now!), which means that from order 200 or so there should be no polarity mismatches. The subsequent board revisions were added as a belt n braces thing.

#1189 6 days ago

I am not able to update my Firmware (tried it 13 hours ago)

Is there a problem on the server atm?

Screenshot_20221124-200105_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1190 6 days ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

I am not able to update my Firmware (tried it 13 hours ago)
Is there a problem on the server atm?[quoted image]

Yes I temporarily broke it yesterday!! I was wondering if anyone would notice

Should be fine now, sorry.

#1191 6 days ago

Please add me to the list—thanks

#1192 6 days ago

Please add me to the List, Thank you

#1193 6 days ago

Add me to the list.
Thanks

#1194 5 days ago

Thx for your reply.

I will try it again.

Quoted from stumblor:

Yes I temporarily broke it yesterday!! I was wondering if anyone would notice
Should be fine now, sorry.

#1195 5 days ago

tried it again but no success

Screenshot_20221126-221736_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1196 4 days ago

Can you add me to your list ?

#1197 4 days ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

tried it again but no success
[quoted image]

Just checked it on mine and all seems to be okay - have you put the machine in service mode before trying? The triggers from attract mode can mess with the update process.

#1198 4 days ago

Can u also add me to the list.

#1199 4 days ago

Anxious to get that mod. Where are you on your list in terms of shipping product?

#1200 4 days ago
Quoted from Paseb:

Anxious to get that mod. Where are you on your list in terms of shipping product?

Sending up to 735 this month, and still getting lots list signups (915 total as of this morning). There's enough parts to cover another 150 or so, and then have to shift onto Lolly UFO. Anyone who misses out this round we'll try and sort out sometime in the new year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
There are 1,222 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!