(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,685 posts
  • 870 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 34.
#1051 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

Is there a difference between ordering a version for a Premium machine versus a Pro? Or is the difference only in how it connects to your machine, whether Premium or Pro?

TIA

#1052 1 year ago

Hi, please put me on the list. Thx!

Can't wait to get this nice sign

#1053 1 year ago

I’d like to be added as well, premium

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I couldn't find it.
Is there a difference between ordering a version for a Premium machine versus a Pro? Or is the difference only in how it connects to your machine, whether Premium or Pro?
TIA

Essentially the same, the prem/le has a flasher in that area pointing at mecha godzilla, which is included in the wiring harness. The pro cable just has that flasher wiring removed.

#1055 1 year ago

Please add me, too. Premium Machine.
Thanks.

#1056 1 year ago

Add me to the list. Premium. Thanks!

#1057 1 year ago

Add me too. Premium here. Thanks

#1058 1 year ago

Quick update time - Tokyo Neon has now reached over 800 signups, which I'm sure you'll agree, is complete insanity. Ludicrous, ludicrous, insanity. You nutty pinsiders! Thank you so much for getting behind this project. This has been one helluva trip.

So we've been busily beavering away here at Stumblor HQ, and now have a pretty decent team in place - Me (the head honcho), one loud seven year old, one babysitter, one grandad, and one cat that can't be bothered. A motley crew I hear you say? Take that back! This is a crack team assembled from the finest people who happened to be available at the time and were cheap. Are they good? Good enough, and that's all you can hope for in these crazy times.

On a serious-ish note - we have had a few inventory issues over the past month that are going to impact timelines a smidge. The LED rings destined for our next mod (Lolly UFO) came in the wrong spec, so have had to be sent back to the supplier. This has caused a one month delay to the start date of that mod (now Dec 14th), however it does give us a bit more time to focus on getting the tail end of the Tokyo Neons out. Which is good!

So, end result is, nothings changed. As you were!

#1059 1 year ago

Hello, i am looking forward fiór this mod. Please add me , i am in for a premium. Congrats for this nice piece

#1060 1 year ago

Please add me to the list, for a Pro.

#1061 1 year ago

I wanted to follow up and say stumblor is a stand up guy. I had an issue with my original sign behaving badly and after some fruitless troubleshooting, I was sent a replacement in short order. This happened a while back but work was so crazy I forgot to give stumblor his credit until now.

Love the mod and will be on the lookout for future products.

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I wanted to follow up and say stumblor is a stand up guy. I had an issue with my original sign behaving badly and after some fruitless troubleshooting, I was sent a replacement in short order. This happened a while back but work was so crazy I forgot to give stumblor his credit until now.
Love the mod and will be on the lookout for future products.

Ahh thanks, appreciate it but no credit required! The important thing is that we got you sorted.

#1063 1 year ago

Please, Add me to the list, thx.

#1064 1 year ago

I just got a premium this week and found this thread today. Any chance you can squeeze one more on your list?

#1065 1 year ago
Quoted from SteelNation:

I just got a premium this week and found this thread today. Any chance you can squeeze one more on your list?

Congratulations! Gz is an insanely good pin. So I would hope that we'd still have space this run, but it depends a lot on dropouts between now and mid December when we move on with the next mod. Either way will keep taking names as we might do a small run early 2023 to pickup the tail end.

#1066 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for a Premium.

Keep up the great work!!

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Congratulations! Gz is an insanely good pin. So I would hope that we'd still have space this run, but it depends a lot on dropouts between now and mid December when we move on with the next mod. Either way will keep taking names as we might do a small run early 2023 to pickup the tail end.

Hey man. I just paid for mine and I am at #658 and #677 I think. So I only need the one I paid for today.

Thanks,

Josh

#1068 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Hey man. I just paid for mine and I am at #658 and #677 I think. So I only need the one I paid for today.
Thanks,
Josh

No worries josh will remove the dupe. Thanks!

#1069 1 year ago

HI
Add me on a list for Tokyo Sign
Godzilla PRemium

thanks !

#1070 1 year ago

Add me to the list plz, Premium.

Thx

Johnny

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

That's great. Please add me to your list. Happy to wait. Thanks!

#1072 1 year ago

Please add me too. GZ Premium. Thanks!

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Quick update time - Tokyo Neon has now reached over 800 signups, which I'm sure you'll agree, is complete insanity. Ludicrous, ludicrous, insanity. You nutty pinsiders! Thank you so much for getting behind this project. This has been one helluva trip.
So we've been busily beavering away here at Stumblor HQ, and now have a pretty decent team in place - Me (the head honcho), one loud seven year old, one babysitter, one grandad, and one cat that can't be bothered. A motley crew I hear you say? Take that back! This is a crack team assembled from the finest people who happened to be available at the time and were cheap. Are they good? Good enough, and that's all you can hope for in these crazy times.
On a serious-ish note - we have had a few inventory issues over the past month that are going to impact timelines a smidge. The LED rings destined for our next mod (Lolly UFO) came in the wrong spec, so have had to be sent back to the supplier. This has caused a one month delay to the start date of that mod (now Dec 14th), however it does give us a bit more time to focus on getting the tail end of the Tokyo Neons out. Which is good!
So, end result is, nothings changed. As you were!

Well... I fkin love mine.. easy best mod hands down.
Now I'll wait for you to design an LED flipper....

#1074 1 year ago

Hi Dave, please put me on the list for this fantastic mod ;.-)

#1075 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. I have a premium.

#1076 1 year ago

Quick question for anyone who has received their mod -- How long did it take to get delivery information from Royal Mail? They picked up the package from Davey almost two weeks ago from but no update from them since then. I'm having trouble waiting since the mod looks so great and I am looking so forward to installing it in the machine!

#1077 1 year ago

Mine was like that and took a while too. But when I checked it last night it Finally says it’s in the U.S.

Oh, and I got my “order on the way” email on 10/26. Hope this helps!

#1078 1 year ago

There's been lots of postal industrial action in the UK over the last few weeks, so hopefully it's just taking them a bit of time to get through the backlog. They are very good to me though, my postie has to bring about 4 sacks everytime he visits because I have so many parcels to pickup

I'll keep an eye on yours @sugarhillabe, hopefully it updates over the next few days.

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Mine was like that and took a while too. But when I checked it last night it Finally says it’s in the U.S.
Oh, and I got my “order on the way” email on 10/26. Hope this helps!

Funny, I just checked mine for the 1st time in over a week, and low and behold it's in Chicago! Should get it any day. CANNOT wait

#1080 1 year ago

I'd like to be put on the list also if it's not too late please? Awesome mod!

#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Funny, I just checked mine for the 1st time in over a week, and low and behold it's in Chicago! Should get it any day. CANNOT wait

Yup, mine showed in Chicago too. So I should get mine today or tomorrow. I hope.

#1082 1 year ago

I recently received and installed my Neon Sign mod and it is very A W E S O M E !!!

I am using it without the light sensing part for now, but later will install that as well so it will dim with playfield dimming.

Great job Davey, best mod I think I've ever bought!!

#1083 1 year ago

I received and installed mine yesterday. Hugely impressed, an incredible upgrade over the stock sign.

I'm tempted to start playing around with the settings - is there a way to reset to the default settings if I hate what I've done?

Also, I can't decide if I want to install the GI sensing kit. Part of me things it would be a bit distracting having the whole sign go on and off with the GI. Is it worth doing?

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I received and installed mine yesterday. Hugely impressed, an incredible upgrade over the stock sign.
I'm tempted to start playing around with the settings - is there a way to reset to the default settings if I hate what I've done?
Also, I can't decide if I want to install the GI sensing kit. Part of me things it would be a bit distracting having the whole sign go on and off with the GI. Is it worth doing?

Thanks so much Guy!

Yep, there's a button on the Settings tab that is 'Restore Defaults' so you can always go back if you don't like what you've done.

Gi Sensing - personally, I would say absolutely. Having the sign dim during moments like the end of ball, destruction jackpot etc increases the feel of total integration, makes it feel more stock, and contributes to those moments of 'tension' that the game introduces by dimming the GI. Go for it

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Thanks so much Guy!
Yep, there's a button on the Settings tab that is 'Restore Defaults' so you can always go back if you don't like what you've done.
Gi Sensing - personally, I would say absolutely. Having the sign dim during moments like the end of ball, destruction jackpot etc increases the feel of total integration, makes it feel more stock, and contributes to those moments of 'tension' that the game introduces by dimming the GI. Go for it

Cheers Davey, posted here to avoid bothering you with questions but should have guessed you'd be the one to respond!

Good to know that there's a way to restore defaults, makes playing around with the settings less intimidating as I love the effects as they are now.

You've convinced me to check out the GI sensing, will install tonight.

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Cheers Davey, posted here to avoid bothering you with questions but should have guessed you'd be the one to respond!
Good to know that there's a way to restore defaults, makes playing around with the settings less intimidating as I love the effects as they are now.
You've convinced me to check out the GI sensing, will install tonight.

Getting bothered with questions is the best part of the job!

#1087 1 year ago

I'll also point out that the ability to export and import settings is really nice - if you find settings you really like, be sure to export them! It spits out a plain text file, which is a nice touch.

#1088 1 year ago

As we all know, Stern’s Godzilla is the greatest pinball machine of all time (fact). The flow, rules, progression and atmosphere are all mind blowingly awesome. However there is one aspect of the game that is a bit of a let down… Godzilla himself!

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 12.13.36 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-11-11 at 12.13.36 (resized).png

I mean, what is up with that? He looks like Gary Busey after a 3 day bender. Have another cocktail Gary!

Luckily the very talented Jazzbouche has been on the case over the last three months, and has just released a higher quality, more game accurate rendition of our favourite green, erm… giant lizard… Kaiju guy. He’s bigger, he’s badder, and best of all, he totally has RGB lit translucent spines and mouth that are all game reactive and powered by my very own Lolly GI.

IMG_4449b (resized).jpgIMG_4449b (resized).jpg

No more cocktails for this guy, he’s stacked!

Head on over to the thread now and show your appreciation - Jazz got them skills.

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

As we all know, Stern’s Godzilla is the greatest pinball machine of all time (fact). The flow, rules, progression and atmosphere are all mind blowingly awesome. However there is one aspect of the game that is a bit of a let down… Godzilla himself!
[quoted image]
I mean, what is up with that? He looks like Gary Busey after a 3 day bender. Have another cocktail Gary!
Luckily the very talented Jazzbouche has been on the case over the last three months, and has just released a higher quality, more game accurate rendition of our favourite green, erm… giant lizard… Kaiju guy. He’s bigger, he’s badder, and best of all, he totally has RGB lit translucent spines and mouth that are all game reactive and powered by my very own Lolly GI.

[quoted image]
No more cocktails for this guy, he’s stacked!
Head on over to the thread now and show your appreciation - Jazz got them skills.

Just take all my money mod guys! I signed up. Thanks!

#1090 1 year ago

I’ll take one. Please add me to the list

#1091 1 year ago

Stumblor, can you add me to your neon mod for a premium plz

#1092 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for a Premium as well!

#1093 1 year ago

Trying to track my order using Royal mail.com but keep getting service unavailable message? Any one else getting this?

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Trying to track my order using Royal mail.com but keep getting service unavailable message? Any one else getting this?

I get the same thing try later today that site seems to be working intermittently. Had this same thing the other day and it loaded later.

#1095 1 year ago

I’d like to be added to the list, GZ Premium, thanks!

#1096 1 year ago

So I just got my Sign mod and installed it today.

HOLY COW.

This is a must for any Godzillas! The sign itself is such high quality and so well designed that it immediately looks at home on the playfield. You can customize EVERYTHJING and make it just the way you want.

If you are at all thinking about this, GET ON THE LIST. You will not be disappointed.

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from venom112:

I get the same thing try later today that site seems to be working intermittently. Had this same thing the other day and it loaded later.

Yep royalmail tracking site has been having issues this weekend, hopefully will get sorted out tomorrow when people return to work.

Quoted from Forehead_Slap:

So I just got my Sign mod and installed it today.
HOLY COW.
This is a must for any Godzillas! The sign itself is such high quality and so well designed that it immediately looks at home on the playfield. You can customize EVERYTHJING and make it just the way you want.
If you are at all thinking about this, GET ON THE LIST. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks so much for that amazing feedback! Really glad you're enjoying it.

#1098 1 year ago

Got mine yesterday and installed it today. Looks amazing. Thanks for this great mod!

Pics attached, before and after…

41FFC229-B18C-40D7-ACBC-15780BD42359 (resized).jpeg41FFC229-B18C-40D7-ACBC-15780BD42359 (resized).jpeg671314ED-D2C3-4A0F-8CF6-5DF255F3E330 (resized).jpeg671314ED-D2C3-4A0F-8CF6-5DF255F3E330 (resized).jpeg
#1099 1 year ago

Please add me to your list for a Premium

#1100 1 year ago

Please add me to your list for premium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

9,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

There are 1,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.