(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,685 posts
  • 870 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 34.
#1001 1 year ago

Just curious if you’re going to update the status soon on 1st page? Thanks know your busy

#1002 1 year ago

Great mod. Please add me. To the premium list.

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Just curious if you’re going to update the status soon on 1st page? Thanks know your busy

Updated, sorry!

#1005 1 year ago

Please put me on the list. Thank you.

#1006 1 year ago

You wrote 2x my nickname (739 & 741). One is enough

Thank you

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from Kretinou:

You wrote 2x my nickname (739 & 741). One is enough
Thank you

Ah - I think one was from the website signup. Updated, thanks

#1008 1 year ago

Got mine this weekend. Looks awesome. Thanks stumblor

A8EF188A-5260-446D-AF8A-7D18794C5DC0 (resized).jpegA8EF188A-5260-446D-AF8A-7D18794C5DC0 (resized).jpegD2067E0A-EBC9-4164-B92F-562692C06A03 (resized).jpegD2067E0A-EBC9-4164-B92F-562692C06A03 (resized).jpeg
#1009 1 year ago

Please add me to the list.

#1010 1 year ago

Looks like my spot is going on next run!

Spot 562.

Can't wait!

#1011 1 year ago

Me too! In for a premium #536!

#1012 1 year ago

Is there a video of the install, I just received mine it looks great in the box lol. I am a bit intimidated by the instructions, I know nothing about boards and wiring. I’ve heard it’s an easy install so I’m excited to give it a try but I’ve a visual kind of guy anyway just wondering if anyone made a video of their install

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Is there a video of the install, I just received mine it looks great in the box lol. I am a bit intimidated by the instructions, I know nothing about boards and wiring. I’ve heard it’s an easy install so I’m excited to give it a try but I’ve a visual kind of guy anyway just wondering if anyone made a video of their install

I don't know if any of the installation instructions have changed in the last few months, but I found this on YouTube created by @colywobbles.

#1014 1 year ago

Might I gently ask how long delivery was for your Neon Sign mods? I got notification of shipment on Oct. 2, and what little tracking I see shows it's still in the UK as of Oct. 20. Thanks, and I don't mean to criticize with this request, just trying to get an idea when this might appear as I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks in November.

#1015 1 year ago

Throw me on the list too please and thanks!

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Might I gently ask how long delivery was for your Neon Sign mods? I got notification of shipment on Oct. 2, and what little tracking I see shows it's still in the UK as of Oct. 20. Thanks, and I don't mean to criticize with this request, just trying to get an idea when this might appear as I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks in November.

No mate all good! Looks like tracking has *just* updated on the 21st showing its hit your sorting office. Will pickup with you over PM.

#1017 1 year ago

Hi Davey,
I saw that I stand two times on the list: #702 and #715. Please delete the #715, that must be a mistake. Sorry for this inconvenience. I am looking forward to this mod, but one is enough for me!
Maybe you confounded it with the UFO-mod I also wanted to order? I saw that I am not on that list.

#1018 1 year ago
Quoted from Joca:

Hi Davey,
I saw that I stand two times on the list: #702 and #715. Please delete the #715, that must be a mistake. Sorry for this inconvenience. I am looking forward to this mod, but one is enough for me!
Maybe you confounded it with the UFO-mod I also wanted to order? I saw that I am not on that list.

Yes, that was it - I recorded the first Lolly UFO request down on the wrong list. Nice pickup, and many apologies! All correct now.

#1019 1 year ago

I would like to be on the list for a Tokyo neon sign kit?

#1020 1 year ago

Is it too late to be added to the list for a Tokyo neon sign kit?? If not, I'd like to be added as well for a Godzilla Premium.

#1021 1 year ago

^ Same as the above, would love to get in if you're doing more (for a GZ Pro)

#1022 1 year ago

Is the reserve list posted or only the confirmed runs?

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from McSirTuna:

Is it too late to be added to the list for a Tokyo neon sign kit?? If not, I'd like to be added as well for a Godzilla Premium.

Hopefully not too late - taking names at least until the end of the month and will try to get to everyone in this run, assuming there is enough stock to do so. We've just hit the estimated list target 8 days earlier than expected though, so anything from here on will depend a lot on dropouts. Either way, will keep registering interest for a future run sometime next year, as the list hasn't slowed down, like, at all.

Once again, I'd like to express my gratitude for all the support, enthusiasm, and patience while we get these out. It's been life changing!

Quoted from SR230CC:

Is the reserve list posted or only the confirmed runs?

Yep full list is posted but probably hasn't been updated in a week or so, will do later today.

#1024 1 year ago

Stumblor (Davey),

I received my Tokyo Neon Sign and noticed that the Japanese character insert appears to be bent inward (see photos). I don't think the insert is supposed to sit like this (i.e., bent inwards looking from the front) from other photos in this thread so I'm wondering what the fix is. I didn't want to continue to install the sign and/or try to remove that insert and straighten it without inquiring with you first. Also, are the two metal screw support housings pictured supposed to spin freely (they do)? I would appreciate your input... Many thanks (happy to continue this one-one via PM). Thanks!

IMG_20221022_121842198 (resized).jpgIMG_20221022_121842198 (resized).jpgIMG_20221022_121926452 (resized).jpgIMG_20221022_121926452 (resized).jpg

#1025 1 year ago

Hi Stumblor, please add my name to the list also.

Thanks
John

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Stumblor (Davey),
I received my Tokyo Neon Sign and noticed that the Japanese character insert appears to be bent inward (see photos). I don't think the insert is supposed to sit like this (i.e., bent inwards looking from the front) from other photos in this thread so I'm wondering what the fix is. I didn't want to continue to install the sign and/or try to remove that insert and straighten it without inquiring with you first. Also, are the two metal screw support housings pictured supposed to spin freely (they do)? I would appreciate your input... Many thanks (happy to continue this one-one via PM). Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey Josh!

So due to the nature of the resin, sometimes there is a bit of a bend in them, always in this direction (must be the orientation of the print and which side dries first). Also, the way that I'm fixing the PCB to the resin using rivet nuts sometimes tends to 'pull' the resin outwards, contributing to the bend. I've taken to adding some plastic washers in between the resin and and the PCB for this exact reason. The nuts are supposed to sit tight, however again, due to tolerances in the resin, sometimes they don't. I only loosely tighten the screws that go into them so that they can still be removed if needs be. Don't try to super glue them, the fumes will cause all kinds of issues with the PA12 (I speak from experience!) Unfortunately these are all aspects of such a small design, and trying to squeeze everything in.

Now, it also looks as though you have a small break in your outer shell:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I'll send you a replacement with a new resin, and add in some of the plastic spacer washers you need also. Pickup with you over PM.

#1027 1 year ago

Please add me to the list!

#1028 1 year ago

Received my sign yesterday and installed it today. It looks amazing and exceeded my expectations. Build quality is great and was easy to install. Definitely the best mod I’ve ever purchased and I can’t wait for the Lolly ufo bundle. Well done sir!

#1029 1 year ago

Installed, played, impressed! Well done sir!!

#1030 1 year ago

I just got my sign and installed it over the weekend. What a beautiful mod. It's so well done and integrates seamlessly into the game. I have purchased almost every single mod there is for this game. This by far is my favorite addition. A must have for anyone looking to keep this pin in their collection

#1031 1 year ago
Quoted from Marangsanz:

Received my sign yesterday and installed it today. It looks amazing and exceeded my expectations. Build quality is great and was easy to install. Definitely the best mod I’ve ever purchased and I can’t wait for the Lolly ufo bundle. Well done sir!

Quoted from leaffan67:

Installed, played, impressed! Well done sir!!

Quoted from Silvabullet:

I just got my sign and installed it over the weekend. What a beautiful mod. It's so well done and integrates seamlessly into the game. I have purchased almost every single mod there is for this game. This by far is my favorite addition. A must have for anyone looking to keep this pin in their collection

Maaa you guys!! Thanks so much for that amazing feedback - it totally makes my day reading things like this.

#1032 1 year ago

I'd love to get one if I still can!

#1033 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. Thanks!

#1034 1 year ago

I must say I originally thought it would be too bright. But after installing it I love it.

#1035 1 year ago

Can you please add me to the reservation list? And Thanks! This is a cool mod.

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from avspin:

I must say I originally thought it would be too bright. But after installing it I love it.

Glad you're enjoying it! But if you do end up finding it a bit bright, you can always turn it down a bit using in the settings.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1037 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I would like to thank Davey for donating a Tokyo Neon Sign mod to Project Pinball for our charity auction to be held at Pinball Expo. The overseas support is awesome and greatly appreciated. We look forward to having it available at the auction and show it off! Thanks again!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would like to thank Davey and Stumblor Pinball once again for their generous donation. The mod ended up selling for $325, it was definitely a hit and had plenty of Godzilla owners stop by the booth to check it out. Thanks again for the overseas support of the charity!

#1038 1 year ago

Please add me to your list

#1039 1 year ago

Can you go ahead and design a matching topper so I don’t have to drop $2k on the stern one

#1040 1 year ago

Please add me to the list, premium model, thanks!

#1041 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I would like to thank Davey and Stumblor Pinball once again for their generous donation. The mod ended up selling for $325, it was definitely a hit and had plenty of Godzilla owners stop by the booth to check it out. Thanks again for the overseas support of the charity!

Wow.. that's amazing news Brad! Huge respect for all the hard work getting the auction together, and for your work on the Pinball Project. It really does look like a fantastic initiative doing valuable work for kids who need it most.

https://projectpinball.org/

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Can you go ahead and design a matching topper so I don’t have to drop $2k on the stern one

Haha I'd love to, but the projects are stacked 3 deep at the moment! Have you checked out the atg1469 topper? It's super rad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/61#post-7200694

#1042 1 year ago

Please add me to the list

#1043 1 year ago

Hi,
Please add me to the list, even though I have add it in on your website.
Thanks

#1044 1 year ago

Please add me to the list! Thank you!

#1045 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. Great job on this!

#1046 1 year ago

Please add me to the list, for a premium

#1047 1 year ago

I sent a note on the website. Would love this mod. Just got the game!!! Otherwise would have got it before lol

#1048 1 year ago

Please add me to the list, for a Pro

#1049 1 year ago

Please add me on the list

#1050 1 year ago

I’d like one too. LE machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/21?hl=sgtpin18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.