(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,685 posts
  • 870 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 34.
#901 1 year ago

I would like to be added to the list for premium/LE model. Thanks

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I am on the list already but wondering how/when I need to pay you when my spot gets closer?

We'll get in contact with all the details when ready to go, thanks!

#903 1 year ago

Put me on the list! For sure gonna need two

#904 1 year ago

For those in the US, how long was your item stuck in customs?

Mine has been in Chicago customs for 5 days. Just anxious to get it!

#905 1 year ago

Hello,
Please add me to the list.

Thanks

#906 1 year ago

Obligatory install pic:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Install was about as simple as simple can get (fantastic instructions). My only caution for prem/LE owners is "There is a *REALLY* tiny screw and washer in that goodie bag...don't lose them when you're pull cables out!"

Expectations were sky high, but the in person experience is amazing. Whatever that material is that is giving that neon effect needs to be in a LOT more mods I think.

Now come the hard decisions of which insert and what color/pattern schemes to use.

Can't wait to keep this theme going with the (future) buildings in the back of the pin. Well done Davey!

#907 1 year ago

Please add me to PREMIUM list
Thanks

#908 1 year ago

If possible can I get on the list for both a pro and a premium? Thanks!

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Not long, I think mine took about ten days from when it was sent by Davey.

#910 1 year ago

I played a GZ this weekend and really enjoyed it. Please add me to the list for this and the pop bumper mod.

#911 1 year ago

Sorry I did not post this sooner, but my sign seems to be working flawlessly now after disconnecting and reconnecting. All my pinball buddies are crazy about it. Really a great job and one of the best mods out there. I have not bothered to change any of the settings via WiFi, but will attempt that a little later. It's awesome the way it is already out of the box. Congrats!

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Sorry I did not post this sooner, but my sign seems to be working flawlessly now after disconnecting and reconnecting. All my pinball buddies are crazy about it. Really a great job and one of the best mods out there. I have not bothered to change any of the settings via WiFi, but will attempt that a little later. It's awesome the way it is already out of the box. Congrats!

Great news Dave - and thanks for the update! Really glad you're enjoying it.

#913 1 year ago

Please put me on list (I emailed also) for Neon Sign for Premium.

I am also on list for Pop Bumper Kit.

thanks!
eric

#914 1 year ago

Impressed with your work, Davey...

20220928_180209 (resized).jpg20220928_180209 (resized).jpg
#915 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Impressed with your work, Davey...
[quoted image]

Looks great, thanks so much for posting

#916 1 year ago

Please add me to the list - GZ Premium

#917 1 year ago

Please add me to the pop bumper as well.

#918 1 year ago

Can I get on this? Prem/LE

#919 1 year ago

Got it today!

The customs wait was long but so worth it! I cannot stop playing with all the color pattern options. Such an awesome mod!

20220930_204217 (resized).jpg20220930_204217 (resized).jpg
#920 1 year ago

Please add me to the list

#921 1 year ago

Got it today!
The customs wait was long but so worth it! I cannot stop playing with all the color pattern options. Such an awesome mod!
[quoted image]

Whoo hoo! Looks great. Glad you're enjoying the the UI config, it's something im super proud of.

Customs has been more difficult and slow for everyone recently, I wonder why.

#922 1 year ago

When the sign dims because of GI dimming, would you expect it to go to an overall red dim color or still showing the insert specific "lit" status and corresponding color?
Am i doing something wrong or is it like this because the original sign acts like this and its detected and triggered like this intentionally?

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

When the sign dims because of GI dimming, would you expect it to go to an overall red dim color or still showing the insert specific "lit" status and corresponding color?
Am i doing something wrong or is it like this because the original sign acts like this and its detected and triggered like this intentionally?

Hey mate - so the idea is that when the sign detects that is should be off (ie, the GI goes out) it will wait one second and then start the fade out sequence. When it reaches minimum fade (0 by default, or whatever you set by that new value) the sign will go into 'off' mode, stop all patterns currently running, and ignore triggers. This is to stop it being triggered indiscriminately during the end of ball attract patterns.

So, long way around to answering your question, but the mode inserts should be off when the sign is dimmed

Is that the behaviour you are seeing?

#924 1 year ago

Please add me to your waiting / order list for a Godzilla Premium. Thanks!

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hey mate - so the idea is that when the sign detects that is should be off (ie, the GI goes out) it will wait one second and then start the fade out sequence. When it reaches minimum fade (0 by default, or whatever you set by that new value) the sign will go into 'off' mode, stop all patterns currently running, and ignore triggers. This is to stop it being triggered indiscriminately during the end of ball attract patterns.
So, long way around to answering your question, but the mode inserts should be off when the sign is dimmed
Is that the behaviour you are seeing?

Thanks, thats what i am seeing. Somehow i thought that it should dim down the insert status, but that does not really make sense, because in Godzilla GI-Dimming also means all inserts off. So all clear now

#926 1 year ago

Please add me to your waiting list for a Premium.

Thanks

#927 1 year ago

Can’t wait to get mine! Should be soon…

9261ED11-A627-465C-9433-2177267FB681 (resized).jpeg9261ED11-A627-465C-9433-2177267FB681 (resized).jpeg
#929 1 year ago

Please add me on the list. Premium.

#930 1 year ago

I am a little jealous of all of you with working signs. I got mine last week but it is not functioning correctly. It was really frustrating to get it installed to only have to take it right back out to be able to play my machine without fear of burning up a node board (I have a friend who fried a node board with his board shorting out on the flasher). I don't see any other reports of others having issues with theirs so it appears we just got really unlucky. Hopefully the replacement gets here soon and I can join the club officially.

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am a little jealous of all of you with working signs. I got mine last week but it is not functioning correctly. It was really frustrating to get it installed to only have to take it right back out to be able to play my machine without fear of burning up a node board (I have a friend who fried a node board with his board shorting out on the flasher). I don't see any other reports of others having issues with theirs so it appears we just got really unlucky. Hopefully the replacement gets here soon and I can join the club officially.

We've had to send out maybe 6 replacements which is pretty decent for a run 400 or so I think (close to 1 percent). Obviously it's never ideal when problems occur but I've tried to be as proactive and transparent sorting them out as possible.

The problem you mention with fooflighter was a hard one but worked with him through that and we believe it was down to an installation mistake with the flasher (shorting the tabs). We've taken steps both in terms of board design and tab protection to make sure this doesn't happen again.

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

We've had to send out maybe 6 replacements which is pretty decent for a run 400 or so I think (close to 1 percent). Obviously it's never ideal when problems occur but I've tried to be as proactive and transparent sorting them out as possible.
The problem you mention with fooflighter was a hard one but worked with him through that and we believe it was down to an installation mistake with the flasher (shorting the tabs). We've taken steps both in terms of board design and tab protection to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Well, since my name came up I'll chime in I was really impressed at the support/service stumblor gave. Within literally minutes of my PM, he was live chat video calling me and sending pics and diagrams of what could possibly be the issue. We did track it down to the flasher tabs which in most probability was the culprit as they were bare leads which most likely got pressed together during the bending of the socket towards the mechaGZ. He also offered to replace / repair any damaged boards on my end as well. A new Neon board was also sent out that day. Can't wait to see it in action. This did give me a chance to learn a bunch of new things, so there's that ray of sunshine

#933 1 year ago

Please add me to the Premium list. Thanks Mike

#934 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for a GZ Premium!!! Thank You!!

#935 1 year ago

Please add me to the Premium list, thanks!

#936 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for the Premium neon sign, thank you!

#937 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for the premium version! Thank you very much

#938 1 year ago

Please add me to the list for Premium

#939 1 year ago

Kindly add me to the premium list please.

#940 1 year ago

Please put me in line for a premium/LE.

#941 1 year ago

Recently got my premium cab and can't tell if the list is closed or not. If so I understand. If not I'd be interested in putting my name on the list for a premium if possible.

#942 1 year ago

Light's out! Probably the coolest mod I have! Thanks!
IMG_4213 (resized).JPGIMG_4213 (resized).JPG

#943 1 year ago

Please add me to the Premium/LE list - thank you very much!

#944 1 year ago

Please add me to the Premium list…Thank you!!

#945 1 year ago

Please add me to your list as well, LE.

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Light's out! Probably the coolest mod I have! Thanks!
[quoted image]

Yeoow looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.

Quoted from Haus7878:

Recently got my premium cab and can't tell if the list is closed or not. If so I understand. If not I'd be interested in putting my name on the list for a premium if possible.

Yep still open till the end of the month, when we'll be moving on with the Lolly UFO list. Got you down, thanks!

#947 1 year ago

Well, this looks amazing. Please add me to the Premium list. Thanks!

#948 1 year ago

It arrived! It arrived! And it's a long weekend in Canada this weekend so I should have a good chance to install it shortly, too!

The excitement... it is palpable. Thanks @stumblor!

#949 1 year ago

I got mine in, and the install on the Pro wasn't too bad! Attaching my legally-required post-install pic... I have a relatively new game (late May 2022) and mine has the weird airball protector. I was able to make mine fit with some mild filing down at the two points circled - the left side needed to be filed down evenly (and very slightly, maybe a mm or two) to accommodate the connectors, and the notch on the right was needed to accommodate the BIG SIGN! I lined it up, made a very slight sharpie mark for the right side, and went slowly. I think it went well!

If I have any recommendations to Pro owners (Prowners?) make sure to watch the washers on the top side of the hardware with the airball protector side - they are very_ thin and I lost one under the mechagodzilla lane ball guide! It was a pain to retrieve.

Another note: the firmware update bit doesn't work in Android Firefox! Worked fine in Chrome, but if anyone else has odd behavior with it, that may be your issue.

Davey, this thing is truly a delightful piece of engineering. Between the custom board work, the beautiful design, and the software side, this is something to behold. I am berating friends to get on the list before it closes! I'm going to have trouble resisting more of your mods in the future... Extremely pleased with the purchase!

PXL_20221005_214034269.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20221005_214034269.MP (resized).jpgtokyo-neon-pro-filing (resized).jpgtokyo-neon-pro-filing (resized).jpg

EDIT: Adding side-by-side between the mod and the factory sign. I haven't seen anyone post one before, and the difference is night and day!

PXL_20221005_210110171~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20221005_210110171~2 (resized).jpg
#950 1 year ago

Please add me to the premium list.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.