(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,687 posts
  • 871 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by marc_b
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 34.
#801 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob77:

Hey Davey!
After ordering the full kit (Ufo, Sling post lights and backbox breath) i can‘t resist… please put me on the list for the sign also…
If i may get one and if the orders then could somehow be sent together that would be great!
Or maybe i can meet you in London? I‘m there at October 30 for NFL’s London Game Jaguars vs Broncos at Wembley Stadium

Thanks again! Can certainly combine shipping on those, prob easier for me than trying to get out to an NFL game !! (although I'm sure it would be awesome)

I have you down for 2 x Lolly UFO kits (one full, one backbox only) - send all three together?

d.

#802 1 year ago

Yes please

#803 1 year ago

Add me to the list for 2 please (I have 2 machines)

#804 1 year ago

What a beatiful mod! Technically this is overkill... i mean fully customizable LED effects via wifi configuration. You can create your own effects even if i understand it correctly. Sophisticated. Really really awesome. You can make this thing act however you want.

I also installed the GI dimming connection. stumblor is there a way to give the sign a minimum brightness even if GI is off? I would like the sign to reduce brightness according to GI dimming but not to go off completely.

I quickly tested around a little and i like the green color for powerup. But lets see, i like to see how the other colored sign inlays look installed.

The Neon sign typical flicker effect is just perfect, so i cannot think of any improvement making my own effects here. Really nice realistic effect.

With the included manual, installation was completely foolproof easy. All the cables are perfectly prepared for plug and play installation! Well done!

And it is not easy to capture this in all its beauty, because i am not a camera expert and somehow exposure / color is difficult to catch. However i'd like to share some impressions after my install.

20220831_143911 (resized).jpg20220831_143911 (resized).jpg
20220831_150503 (resized).jpg20220831_150503 (resized).jpg
20220831_150809 (resized).jpg20220831_150809 (resized).jpg

#805 1 year ago

Add me to the list for one

#806 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

What a beatiful mod! Technically this is overkill... i mean fully customizable LED effects via wifi configuration. You can create your own effects even if i understand it correctly. Sophisticated. Really really awesome. You can make this thing act however you want.
I also installed the GI dimming connection. stumblor is there a way to give the sign a minimum brightness even if GI is off? I would like the sign to reduce brightness according to GI dimming but not to go off completely.
I quickly tested around a little and i like the green color for powerup. But lets see, i like to see how the other colored sign inlays look installed.
The Neon sign typical flicker effect is just perfect, so i cannot think of any improvement making my own effects here. Really nice realistic effect.
With the included manual, installation was completely foolproof easy. All the cables are perfectly prepared for plug and play installation! Well done!
And it is not easy to capture this in all its beauty, because i am not a camera expert and somehow exposure / color is difficult to catch. However i'd like to share some impressions after my install.

Thanks for the awesome feedback Rob. Technical overkill is what I do best!

GI dimming - cool idea! Not too hard to implement either, so why not - I just published a new firmware (1.0.10) with that change in it. Enjoy!

Settings > Advanced Options > Gi Dimming Minimum

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

This new dimming value works 'additively' with the normal LED group brightness levels (ie they are combined), so you may also have to play around with those values a bit also before everything is in balance when dimmed.

#807 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

GI dimming - cool idea! Not too hard to implement either, so why not - I just published a new firmware (1.0.10) with that change in it. Enjoy!
[quoted image]
This new dimming value works 'additively' with the normal LED group brightness levels (ie they are combined), so you may also have to play around with those values a bit also before everything is in balance when dimmed.

Dude! Amazing work!!

#808 1 year ago

Listening to customer and implementing new features on the spot.... WOW! Great client service.

#809 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Technical overkill is what I do best!

You are a madman! I was super excited to get my shipping info this morning.

#810 1 year ago

stumblor is the real deal. A true professional in his craft. We are very lucky to have people like him providing there talents to the pinball world.

gif-good-job-72.gifgif-good-job-72.gif
#811 1 year ago

I just installed the sign and it looks amazing. Better than any photo shows.

Please put me down for all other signs you are designing for this machine. So good.

#812 1 year ago

I wasn't sure at first...but I've decided I need one of these. Please add me to the 2nd run list.

#813 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I wasn't sure at first...but I've decided I need one of these. Please add me to the 2nd run list.

Nice! I've been following the work you guys have been doing on Rush over on the NinjaCamp thread also. Awesome stuff man.

#814 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

[quoted image]

Yeah cool! I think thats exactly what i mean. Right now the firmware update does not show up

SmartSelect_20220903-155643_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220903-155643_Chrome (resized).jpg

#815 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Yeah cool! I think thats exactly what i mean. Right now the firmware update does not show up
[quoted image]

Ahh I think it might be sorting them alphabetically rather than numerically (ie .10 less than .2) give me a sec will fix it.

#816 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

[quoted image]

Should be good to go now Rob!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#817 1 year ago

Yep its working! And the update with GI Dimming minimum value is very cool. Set to 20 or so leads to a nice dim but visible light if GI goes off... perfect, thank you!

#818 1 year ago

Any difference between pro and premium sign?

#819 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Any difference between pro and premium sign?

Only the cabling. The premium has a provision for the flasher bulb - the pro doesn't have a mechagodzilla flasher.

#820 1 year ago

This mod fits right into my others - this machine is getting tricked out! Davey is the best.

Please when you catch up with these mods move next toward the Orig MM to work with the new MMR Topper. My dark topper is just sitting there .....

Stumblor is KING !!

PXL_20220905_150902933 (resized).jpgPXL_20220905_150902933 (resized).jpg
#821 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffpin64:

Please when you catch up with these mods move next toward the Orig MM to work with the new MMR Topper. My dark topper is just sitting there .....
[quoted image]

I'll get to it eventually !! Promise !!

Thanks so much for the kind words, really glad you're enjoying it.

#822 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I'll get to it eventually !! Promise !!
Thanks so much for the kind words, really glad you're enjoying it.

**THIS*** I was just thinking about that the other day.... that you would be the perfect person to do the integration! Please make this happen!

#823 1 year ago

Hello can I get one?
I do believe I’ve ordered one but can’t remember
Thanks
Brian

#824 1 year ago

Please add to me to the list for one.

#825 1 year ago

Add me to the list as well

#826 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

**THIS*** I was just thinking about that the other day.... that you would be the perfect person to do the integration! Please make this happen!

I have an integration board ready to go (Pinpoint), which sits on the sound bus and triggers LED patterns based on sound events - a little video for those that haven't see it

A couple of people are going to use it for their own topper projects, but it would also be perfect for converting the King of Payne topper. I have a friend in London with an original MM just need to find some time to go around and write the event config. Hopefully soon!

#827 1 year ago

Is anyone else getting a download error on the new firmware?

#828 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I did trying to use my cell phone but switched to a computer and worked like a charm.

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

First thing (that is a bit of a 'gotcha') is to make sure the machine is on the service menu before you start, as the triggers can interfere with the download process.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I did trying to use my cell phone but switched to a computer and worked like a charm.

That's interesting - was that the entire web UI that failed to work on your phone, or just the update process?

#830 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

First thing (that is a bit of a 'gotcha') is to make sure the machine is on the service menu before you start, as the triggers can interfere with the download process.

That's interesting - was that the entire web UI that failed to work on your phone, or just the update process?

I’ll try both/either of these methods and report back.
Thanks Davey & PDX!!

#831 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

It was the download process it got to like 6% and didn’t go further. It was an iPhone for the record.

#832 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It was the download process it got to like 6% and didn’t go further. It was an iPhone for the record.

Make sure you open the coin door, go into the menu settings and then pull the over ride button out, then connect to the signs network. I think when the GI powers down the board loses its connection or gets wonky a bit.

#833 1 year ago

I have noticed tho since I updated to 1.0.10, the sign no longer dims with the GI's and if the sign had a mode activated i.e Kaiju battle, when the game is over the sign stays stuck in that mode and doesn't reset. Any thoughts?

#834 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have noticed tho since I updated to 1.0.10, the sign no longer dims with the GI's and if the sign had a mode activated i.e Kaiju battle, when the game is over the sign stays stuck in that mode and doesn't reset. Any thoughts?

Hmm.. not sure - I'll check it out - thanks for the feedback!

#835 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Mine got to around 25% on Android. I left it for about 10 minutes to be sure, then reconnected and it was updated. The update resets the wifi and disconnects during the process.

#836 1 year ago

Interesting…I switched to computer and it went through no issue

#837 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hmm.. not sure - I'll check it out - thanks for the feedback!

All fixed and thanks for the help. Once again awesome products backed up by even better tech support!!

#838 1 year ago

Please add me to the list..

#839 1 year ago

Love all the posts with pics of it installed!

#840 1 year ago

Woohoo, just submitted payment. #313 on list

#841 1 year ago

Payment submitted, I am very excited. Very, very excited. This mod looks just absolutely stellar! (#330)

#842 1 year ago

I've bought damned near every mod for damned near every machine that mods have been made for over the 20 years that I have been in this hobby. This one is the best of them so far. Just so cool.

#843 1 year ago

Hello, curious how far down the list you are now? Thank you!!!

#844 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I've bought damned near every mod for damned near every machine that mods have been made for over the 20 years that I have been in this hobby. This one is the best of them so far. Just so cool.

Wow ... amazing compliment! Thankyou!

Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, curious how far down the list you are now? Thank you!!!

We're sending up to 348 this week. Moving quickly at the moment as my dad is visiting from Australia and is helping out with the assembly (among other things). Thanks dad!

#845 1 year ago

Please add me to the list.

#846 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Nice! I've been following the work you guys have been doing on Rush over on the NinjaCamp thread also. Awesome stuff man.

Thanks!! Sorry for the late response...so busy!

#847 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. I should also ready be on the UFO mod package list as well but please add me if not

#848 1 year ago

In the club !

2D7F421C-7F38-4C87-9ECA-5BB87F3ADA94 (resized).jpeg2D7F421C-7F38-4C87-9ECA-5BB87F3ADA94 (resized).jpeg6BB370A9-659F-4E84-B7B0-E2FBB3F6E255 (resized).jpeg6BB370A9-659F-4E84-B7B0-E2FBB3F6E255 (resized).jpegDCF5EF9B-164F-49A1-915B-EA371B5251CE (resized).jpegDCF5EF9B-164F-49A1-915B-EA371B5251CE (resized).jpeg
#849 1 year ago

On the list for the saucer mod, please add me to the list for the "Tokyo Neon" sign also please.

#850 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. I would love to purchase one of these! Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Cabinet - Toppers
The Electric Playground

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Schwenksville, PA
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alabaster, AL
13,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Front Royal, VA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.