(Topic ID: 315984)

Godzilla “Tokyo Neon” sign mod (*extended run*)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,680 posts
  • 869 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by PopieJopie
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0418 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy.gif
4D303C86-2ED7-4EEA-BE5C-EE208E7708F6 (resized).png
IMG_1207 (resized).jpeg
E8FA8940-74A5-4C68-B634-BA9458D4FF7A (resized).jpeg
B7B0490C-C214-4E12-8258-D1B7D522ABC6 (resized).jpeg
20230420_215504 (resized).jpg
instructions (resized).jpg
20230419_230748 (resized).jpg
20230419_230605 (resized).jpg
20230419_230459 (resized).jpg
20230419_230555 (resized).jpg
BA6EFEF6-CA4A-4020-AB0A-5256C8FD6B06 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,680 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 34.
#601 1 year ago

Just ordered your second godzilla mod. This one is also awsome, could you ad me to the list? Thanks!

#602 1 year ago

marvinmax .... you are number....

TSzR.gifTSzR.gif

8eGg.gif8eGg.gif

HOLY SMOKES... 500 !! Thank you to everyone for the massive support on this one. The excitement and buzz has just been completely unexpected and incredible. I'm stoked.

The plan is to only do a maximum of 500 this time around, however there is always some dropoff, so by all means let me know if interested, you might get lucky. We may also do another small run in the future (after switching to the UFO for a bit and likely the first building) so will keep this list going and we'll see how things pan out.

Massive high fives everyone. PINBALL IS RAD.

#603 1 year ago

Please add me to your list.

#604 1 year ago

Please add me to your list

#605 1 year ago

Please add me to your list!

#606 1 year ago

Please add me to your list. Thank you and nice work!!

#607 1 year ago

Please add me to your list!

#608 1 year ago

Put me on the reserve list please.

#609 1 year ago

Please sign me up for the reserve list.

#610 1 year ago

Put me on the list as well, please

#611 1 year ago

Please add me to the reserve list thanks

#612 1 year ago

Please add me to the list

#613 1 year ago

I just received my sign mod today here in California,I am very excited to install today.Its better than I had hoped so far.Thanks
Everyone who are waiting will be pleased.

#614 1 year ago

I would like to be added to the list. Very cool mod!

#615 1 year ago

* Batch 2 Shipped a few days ago (up to #89)
* Batch 3 shipping this week (up to #140)

Batch 1 sounds like it's starting to arrive at people's doors. Yeoooow! Super happy (and slightly scared) to be hitting this phase of the process. Feel free to post some unboxing photos (please!).

Now - I've had a couple of reports of the GI sensing cable causing some weirdness. Please could everyone install and test first WITHOUT the GI sensing part. I've issued a new firmware update this morning that I'm hoping will resolve the issue, just waiting on feedback to confirm. Installing without the GI sensing cable only means the sign won't dim when the GI does, everything else is the same. Hoping to get on top of this soon, and will update the thread when I know more.

To update your firmware:

1. Open the coin door, go to service menu, close coin door
2. On your computer or phone, Connect to the WIFI stumblor-tokyo1-xxxx
3. Navigate a browser to 192.168.4.1
4. Go to 'Settings' and click 'Update Firmware'
5. Enter your WiFi details, click 'Connect'
6. Click 'Download Latest and Install'

#616 1 year ago

Wow, it really is as good as they say! Easy installation and awesome product.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#617 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Wow, it really is as good as they say! Easy installation and awesome product.
[quoted image]

Looks great @mrossman5, thanks for sharing!

I see you went with the blue acrylic (my daughter Ivy's favourite). It will be interesting to see what the predominant choice for these is.

#618 1 year ago

Put me down in camp Blue as well!

754E80CB-1F5E-45FF-9D90-4E38230C293B (resized).jpeg754E80CB-1F5E-45FF-9D90-4E38230C293B (resized).jpeg
#619 1 year ago

Looks amazing! Please add me to the list. thanks

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Put me down in camp Blue as well!
[quoted image]

Ivy is never going to stop talking about it if camp blue comes out on top

#621 1 year ago

I'm team sunburst, or whatever we are calling the default option. Haven't settled on colors for the LEDs yet, other than the default triggered colors, really like that.

+1 for this being so much better in person. I had to turn the LEDs way down to even try to get a good photo, which causes them to kind of bleed into each other..you're just gonna have to trust us, Internet strangers!

Super happy with this mod!

PXL_20220729_190425000 (resized).jpgPXL_20220729_190425000 (resized).jpg
#622 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I'm team sunburst, or whatever we are calling the default option. Haven't settled on colors for the LEDs yet, other than the default triggered colors, really like that.
+1 for this being so much better in person. I had to turn the LEDs way down to even try to get a good photo, which causes them to kind of bleed into each other..you're just gonna have to trust us, Internet strangers!
Super happy with this mod!
[quoted image]

Team sunburst is a great name!

#623 1 year ago

Hey Davie. Just wanted to say that I received my 'package' today. Exceptional job of packing and your instructions are first rate; amongst the best I have ever seen. You must be the consummate pro in how you approach things. I am posting my thoughts here instead of via a 'PM" because I want the community to have a sense for what they can look forward to. Well done! Many thanks. Now, if I only had my Premium to install it on. It had better come soon because I am running out of room to store all the mods I have or are on order for it, LOL.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hey Davie. Just wanted to say that I received my 'package' today. Exceptional job of packing and your instructions are first rate; amongst the best I have ever seen. You must be the consummate pro in how you approach things. I am posting my thoughts here instead of via a 'PM" because I want the community to have a sense for what they can look forward to. Well done! Many thanks. Now, if I only had my Premium to install it on. It had better come soon because I am running out of room to store all the mods I have or are on order for it, LOL.

Thanks so much Mike that's very kind of you to say. I always start out with the best of intentions with my documentation, trying to keep them concise, but they always end up being 20+ pages long. I had to buy a new printer this time around to cope with the workload!

Fingers crossed your GZ arrives soon. It's a beast.

#625 1 year ago

So as you might have seen, the first run of the Tokyo Neon has been arriving with the early-listers, and mostly everything has been going great. HOWEVER - a number of users quickly raised a problem - the GI sensing (that dims the mod when the game dims) wasn't working. I've been working with a number of people today to get a handle on what was going on, and I'm pleased to say that I think we know what the problem is, and more importantly, have a solution.

Step 1. Update your firmware to 1.0.72
----------
a. Open the coin door, go to service menu, close coin door
b. On your computer or phone, Connect to the WIFI stumblor-tokyo1-xxxx
c. Navigate a browser to 192.168.4.1
d. Go to 'Settings' and click 'Update Firmware'
e. Enter your WiFi details, click 'Connect'
f. Click 'Download Latest and Install'

Step 2. Remove GI Sensing cable from the usual position, and connect to the TX pin (RED side only)
----------
I've released a service bulletin that shows this step in more detail. It replaces those steps in the original documentation. All new documentation going out will now carry these notes, so these steps are only necessary for people with mods that have either arrived, or are in transit.

HUGE thanks goes out to @marklard, @lemansfan, mrossman5 and especially Sorokyl who gave up their time today to help a brother out.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 1 year ago

I would like to be added to your reserve list. (Maybe you will increase your list to 600!). Great looking mod.

#627 1 year ago

Just received mine at it looks awesome and the packaging was OO LA LA for sure. Thats said I just need to get my premium to put it in. Should be shortly.

#628 1 year ago

Mine arrived today, and it's super cool...love it. Even my wife noticed it in passing by and said, "Wow that's really nice". Thanks Davie.

#629 1 year ago

Please add me to the reserve list - thank you - good game man!!!

#630 1 year ago

Team Smurf and Team Sunburst, are those just stickers and can they be swapped over time? Would be great if it's like a reusable contact paper

#631 1 year ago

Installed mine today also, stuck with the sunburst and it looks amazing! Very easy install and firmware upgrade though I’ll need to look at the gi sensing option again tomorrow

#632 1 year ago

Please add me to your list.

#633 1 year ago

I would like to be put on THE LIST

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Team Smurf and Team Sunburst, are those just stickers and can they be swapped over time? Would be great if it's like a reusable contact paper

Better than stickers - they're reverse UV printed acrylics! They just swap in and out much like how a translite works (pushed up into a top cavity, then pulled out from the bottom)

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I would like to be added to your reserve list. (Maybe you will increase your list to 600!). Great looking mod.

There's always some level of list dropoff (people's circumstances change, games move hands) so I'm almost certain that the current reserve list will all be getting a mod.

#636 1 year ago

#637 1 year ago

Can you put me down on the list for the neon sign

#638 1 year ago

Received #28 yesterday - Installation tonight!

#639 1 year ago

Thanks

#640 1 year ago

Please add me to the list.

#641 1 year ago

Hey there - please add me to the list! It looks awesome!

#642 1 year ago

Davey,

I have to say i am shocked!

Other companies:
From fancy vague announcement and immediate payment to product release i expect 5 Years minimum with absolutely NO communication in between. And then finally give me an unfinished product with lots of workarounds, no instruction and no contact for help.

@Stumblor:
Super professional introduction, immediate adaption to the CRAZY demand and in no time, shipping a polished high end mod. Your instructions and illustrations as well as the super exact technical explanations blow me away.

I mean just for a pinball mod to wifi update itself with a first bugfix available already for the very first units (still in transit) is really insane! I wonder what a Pinball machine coming from you would be like.

And then the absolutely comfortable notification and ordering process is also soooo smooth.

I wish you all the best. This is the way.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Davey,
Other companies:
From fancy vague announcement and immediate payment to product release i expect 5 Years minimum with absolutely NO communication in between. And then finally give me an unfinished product with lots of workarounds, no instruction and no contact for help.
stumblor:
Super professional introduction, immediate adaption to the CRAZY demand and in no time, shipping a polished high end mod. Your instructions and illustrations as well as the super exact technical explanations blow me away.
I mean just for a pinball mod to wifi update itself with a first bugfix available already for the very first units (still in transit) is really insane!

Ah thanks Rob, that's very kind of you!

The WiFi firmware update functionality is something I'm super proud of - a first for a pinball mod as far as I'm aware.. although happy to be corrected! When J85M was beta testing he asked me if he could update that way, and to be honest, it hadn't even occurred to me that it could be possible. It took a few days, and a couple of shifty side manoeuvres (For whatever reason, the ESP8266 didn't like requests from HTTPS servers, so I had to build a proxy to get around it) but the end result is just sooo much slicker, and a godsend in situations like this where we had an early bugfix to get out.

Quoted from WizzardRob:

I wonder what a Pinball machine coming from you would be like.

You can guarantee one thing, it'd have a LOT of neon!

#644 1 year ago

#645 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Ah thanks Rob, that's very kind of you!
The WiFi firmware update functionality is something I'm super proud of - a first for a pinball mod as far as I'm aware

Spooky does not even have this feature in their $10K games yet!

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Spooky does not even have this feature in their $10K games yet!

Someone get on the blower to spooky... I could be the next Scott Denesi !

I wish, that dude is sick.

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

The WiFi firmware update functionality is something I'm super proud of - a first for a pinball mod as far as I'm aware.. although happy to be corrected!

When J85M was beta testing he asked me if he could update that way, and to be honest, it hadn't even occurred to me that it could be possible.

C0729245-045F-46C6-92D7-F2DFC30A9C69.gifC0729245-045F-46C6-92D7-F2DFC30A9C69.gif
#648 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Davey,
Other companies:
stumblor:
I mean just for a pinball mod to wifi update itself with a first bugfix available already for the very first units (still in transit) is really insane! I wonder what a Pinball machine coming from you would be like.
And then the absolutely comfortable notification and ordering process is also soooo smooth.
I wish you all the best. This is the way.

Davey is as clever as he is humble, one of the nicest and most talented guys in the hobby.

I come up with all sorts of crazy shit with no regard for how achievable any of it is and Davey always pulls it off and then some!

#649 1 year ago

This sign is cool as all hell, don’t mind crappy photo which does it absolutely no justice.

11A5B3C0-BCD8-4673-9655-85D2465C979D (resized).jpeg11A5B3C0-BCD8-4673-9655-85D2465C979D (resized).jpeg

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

This sign is cool as all hell, don’t mind crappy photo which does it absolutely no justice.
[quoted image]

he is right on.... awesome mod ,,side blades not to shabby either........

IMG_0173 (resized).jpgIMG_0173 (resized).jpgIMG_0174 (resized).jpgIMG_0174 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpgIMG_0175 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS
(Alt) Translites
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,680 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-tokyo-neon-sign-mod/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.