(Topic ID: 350044)

Godzilla “Subway” building mod (Tokyo Neon #3)

By stumblor

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240707_094259_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240707_094554_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240707_095112_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_9605 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9606 (resized).jpeg
20240621_100326 (resized).jpg
matrixfly.jpg
IMG_9152 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6712 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6714 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9986 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0794 (resized).jpeg
There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 48 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

got mine installed. Looks great. First sculpt in my GZ (and there are/have been many) where I decided not to paint it at all (except the screws!). I'm in the process of adding some lighting on the buildings (hidden behind Godzilla and Mecha Godzilla).
One critique: the last 2 buildings have only come with a long gi sense cable attached to a bulb. So far I have to have 3 different white gi bulbs tapped. Will be 4-5 by the end. Not ideal as the bulbs are wonky (tall/crooked), and if I want different brightness / temperature / lense bulbs then after a few of these mods really messing with my vibe.
Can buy our own comet matrix stuff (I think.. is that the same connector that goes to your board?) but at these prices it would be a nice touch to add a couple of options into the box so we can use 1 gi bulb for multiple mods if we want.

Great suggestion, and I agree - they are not the best. They're actually a bit of a carryover from how we used to do things, tokyo neon sign era. For the Jaws Buoy, we can actually pull this information directly from the node board sensor PCBs, which makes the bulbs redundant. I've kept doing it this way for the TN buildings just for consistency more than anything else.

However to answer your question - yes - comet bulbs are exactly the same so can be used. Or (if you're so inclined) you can cut the cable and solder directly to the bulb socket tabs.

#352 48 days ago

Went in as smooth as my derrière .

IMG_9984 (resized).jpegIMG_9984 (resized).jpeg
#353 48 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Went in as smooth as my derrière .
[quoted image]

You should have that looked at.

#354 48 days ago

ISS called, they said Turn It Down!

IMG_9986 (resized).jpegIMG_9986 (resized).jpeg
#355 47 days ago

Stumblor Tokyo Neon #3

#356 45 days ago

May be the best mod Davey has done yet!!

IMG_6714 (resized).jpegIMG_6714 (resized).jpegIMG_6712 (resized).jpegIMG_6712 (resized).jpeg
#357 45 days ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

May be the best mod Davey has done yet!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, smoke show of a game man! Love that color and pic!!

#358 45 days ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Damn, smoke show of a game man! Love that color and pic!!

And look at that bangin topper!

#359 45 days ago

For anyone else that has installed to the latest firmware, are the titles of the triggers still there or is it just trigger zero through eight?

#360 45 days ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

For anyone else that has installed to the latest firmware, are the titles of the triggers still there or is it just trigger zero through eight?

Was there a recent update to the Firmware that I missed???

#361 45 days ago

Hey Davey the new Subway looks rad! The city scape is going to look amazing once all 3 buildings are replaced!

I'm seeing a few things though with the Subway;
- The neon rarely gets into a state where it will stay yellow after being triggered and won't change back until another trigger (my resting colour is Blue so I don't think it's getting mixed up with that)
- The effects have lost all their names in the latest firmware update
- Now that I have the Noodle and Subway I noticed that the Bash building sign flashes ON/OFF on both buildings when triggered and doesn't seem to follow any of the effects applied in settings (colour does work though) both are on the latest firmware

#362 45 days ago

Ok, how does one get on the list ?
“I’m the boss, need the info!” -Dr evil

#363 45 days ago
Quoted from cldgin2:Ok, how does one get on the list ?

Same for all his mods. Google stumblor and sign up on the website.

#364 45 days ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Hey Davey the new Subway looks rad! The city scape is going to look amazing once all 3 buildings are replaced!
- The neon rarely gets into a state where it will stay yellow after being triggered and won't change back until another trigger (my resting colour is Blue so I don't think it's getting mixed up with that)
- Now that I have the Noodle and Subway I noticed that the Bash building sign flashes ON/OFF on both buildings when triggered and doesn't seem to follow any of the effects applied in settings (colour does work though) both are on the latest firmware

Really glad you're enjoying it and appreciate that detailed feedback, thanks!

1. This sounds like a bug for sure. I'll investigate that today.

2. This was also raised by Trojanlaw and seems to be relates to the latest update only, I'll check that out too.

3. What you're noticing here is more a product of insert flashing than anything else I think. On the buildings, the game will flash particular inserts to give them higher priority (for whatever reason) so that also needed to be communicated through the mod. There is some logic to detect flashing, and once detected the sign in question will be faded in and out every second to represent flashing. Whatever effect is underneath should still run, but then also be governed by this fading effect. Hope that makes sense!

#365 45 days ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Ok, how does one get on the list ?

Here is okay too, stuck you on.

I just want fricken sharks with fricken laser beams attached to their heads!

#366 45 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Was there a recent update to the Firmware that I missed???

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-subway-building-mod-tokyo-neon-3/page/7#post-8203977

But wait a few hours until I see what's up with those two issues. Both minor, but save you having to do two updates.

#367 45 days ago
Quoted from iEatHands:

Okay both of these should be fixed now.

(1) Although I couldn't replicate your exact issue, there was a bug that I found with how 'random' colours were implemented, where the tickbox would appear off but would still be applied in the background, resulting in incorrect colours being shown. This sometimes meant the 'cut' pattern would appear more yellow or more red than intended (it should be mixed). Let me know if that fixes the symptom you were seeing with the neon.

(2) This was due to some memory saving work I did a few weeks ago, a silly mistake. Fixed.

Ready to download and update [v1.9.4]

#368 45 days ago

Cheers I can’t replicate the issue with the new firmware, I found I was able to replicate it every few minutes in attract mode which it isn’t doing anymore.

#369 44 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-subway-building-mod-tokyo-neon-3/page/7#post-8203977

But wait a few hours until I see what's up with those two issues. Both minor, but save you having to do two updates.

Thanks, but I now realize this is not firmware update for the game, but instead for Neon3, which I am on the list for. My mistake. Keep up the good work. Waiting for the next podcast with Rob.

#370 39 days ago

Always hard to capture how great Davey’s mods are with stills, but I think the subway is the best yet. Even more pumped now to finish off the Tokyo neon skyline!

IMG_2384 (resized).jpegIMG_2384 (resized).jpegIMG_2385 (resized).jpegIMG_2385 (resized).jpeg
#371 39 days ago

Just got my invoice, really pumped to put that corner #3 building in. Waiting for the reveal of #4.

#372 35 days ago

Got mine in tonight. Not a hard install but did have a few issues.

1 - Instructions are done as of you have the atomic GZ. I have the moving one from Dan and several things do not apply. Minor quibble.

2 - I had to remove the habitrail in order to get the subway sign in the game. Wasn’t a big deal at all just took an extra minute to remove it and reinstall when done. It made getting the subway in place much easier. Without it doing so I couldn’t get the sign in the right place.

3 - Instruction sheet actually says it’s building #4 but it’s really #3 weblink says 3 as well. Not a big deal just thought I would mention it.

IMG_9152 (resized).jpegIMG_9152 (resized).jpeg
#373 35 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Got mine in tonight. Not a hard install but did have a few issues.
1 - Instructions are done as of you have the atomic GZ. I have the moving one from Dan and several things do not apply. Minor quibble.
2 - I had to remove the habitrail in order to get the subway sign in the game. Wasn’t a big deal at all just took an extra minute to remove it and reinstall when done. It made getting the subway in place much easier. Without it doing so I couldn’t get the sign in the right place.
3 - Instruction sheet actually says it’s building #4 but it’s really #3 weblink says 3 as well. Not a big deal just thought I would mention it. [quoted image]

Looks great!

1. I might follow up with you on this just to find out what the differences were, but helpful to have some information on that in the docs.

2. I'll add some additional notes for that also, thanks.

3. Thanks for pinting that out! I'll correct.

#374 35 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Looks great!
1. I might follow up with you on this just to find out what the differences were, but helpful to have some information on that in the docs.
2. I'll add some additional notes for that also, thanks.
3. Thanks for pinting that out! I'll correct.

Yeah I’ll try to go through the install process again and make some notes. Mostly it was when certain pieces needed to be removed. With the Dans GZ those items were already removed.

It’s 2am here so I am a tad fuzzy on the process but I’ll get back to you on it.

#375 30 days ago

Any tips or advice installing #3 if you have a Stern shaker motor? (I'm doing both this evening.) I have the Splitter+ from Davey.

#376 30 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Any tips or advice installing #3 if you have a Stern shaker motor? (I'm doing both this evening.) I have the Splitter+ from Davey.

Read the directions on his site .. they are pretty clear! There's directions just for the splitter+ even

#377 30 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Yep best to start with the docs.

https://stumblorpinball.com/pages/docs

If any confusion, feel free to reach out. I respond pretty quickly - since giving up sleep my productivity has gone up 33% !

Hallucinations up a whopping 200% though

#378 30 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yep best to start with the docs.
https://stumblorpinball.com/pages/docs
If any confusion, feel free to reach out. I respond pretty quickly - since giving up sleep my productivity has gone up 33% !
Hallucinations up a whopping 200% though

matrixfly.jpgmatrixfly.jpg
#379 28 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Read the directions on his site .. they are pretty clear! There's directions just for the splitter+ even

Right. I seem to be making it more complicated than necessary. The shaker has zero to do with this mod.

On another note. What did you guys do to remove the stock Godzilla? Do I merely cut the tie down? Do you replace it upon reinstall and if so, with what?

20240621_100326 (resized).jpg20240621_100326 (resized).jpg
#380 28 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Right. I seem to be making it more complicated than necessary. The shaker has zero to do with this mod.
On another note. What did you guys do to remove the stock Godzilla? Do I merely cut the tie down? Do you replace it upon reinstall and if so, with what?
[quoted image]

You don't remove Godzilla from the plastic, you remove the whole plastic that Godzilla is sitting on.

#381 28 days ago

#382 28 days ago

thanks. Just realized it does come off with the plastic

#383 28 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

But the ties hold the godzilla down. The plastic wont remove with the tie still there?

If you want to cut the zip tie you can and just replace it with a regular one. I am 99% sure the plastic that he sits on comes off with out removing him from it or cutting the zip tie. I just install this mod two, maybe three weeks ago and I did not have to cut the zip tie but I did replace my Godzilla with a different figure so maybe I did something different??

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

Look at 47 and 48 for more details.

I'm glad you got it figured out.

#384 28 days ago

So stoked that my Neon 3 building has just left the UK and is heading for NYC customs. Just like in the game, Godzilla has left London for NYC. Hope it leaves NYC successfully without any damage bonus.

#385 28 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

So stoked that my Neon 3 building has just left the UK and is heading for NYC customs. Just like in the game, Godzilla has left London for NYC. Hope it leaves NYC successfully without any damage bonus.

Safe Travels

#386 24 days ago

I fell victim to one of the classic blunders!
I accidentally used my email to check on my progress on the website and inadvertently signed up for a second Subway mod. I've already installed my mod and it's everything I've ever wanted - I grew five inches and my IQ doubled the moment I turned it on.

Please pass my second subway mod on to the next lucky individual!

#387 24 days ago
Quoted from Joshjurg:

I fell victim to one of the classic blunders!
I accidentally used my email to check on my progress on the website and inadvertently signed up for a second Subway mod. I've already installed my mod and it's everything I've ever wanted - I grew five inches and my IQ doubled the moment I turned it on.
Please pass my second subway mod on to the next lucky individual!

All good, but thanks for letting me know!

Incidentally, I added some code last week that will now dedupe email address and pinside names (assuming we already have a previous order to check against) which should reduce this happening in future. And don't worry, it happens a lot!

#388 23 days ago

stumblor - my subway arrived phenomenally fast and in excellent condition, thanks to your packaging! The Delights were scrumptious. Looking forward to the install.

#389 19 days ago

stumblor Your mods have taken a great game to the next level. Thanks and keep them coming.

IMG_9605 (resized).jpegIMG_9605 (resized).jpegIMG_9606 (resized).jpegIMG_9606 (resized).jpeg
#390 13 days ago

Davey have you thought about color settings of all the 4 Tokyo neon mods together? Right now 1 and 2 default to magenta and 3 is cyan. I am trying to decide which between 1 and 2 to make a different color, and then I am gonna have to mess with it again later when another mod comes out. I don't love tinkering with the settings.. not fun dealing with the wifi config, etc. Would be cool if you came out with a final firmware version of each where the default setting is meant to complement all the TN mods.

#391 13 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Davey have you thought about color settings of all the 4 Tokyo neon mods together? Right now 1 and 2 default to magenta and 3 is cyan. I am trying to decide which between 1 and 2 to make a different color, and then I am gonna have to mess with it again later when another mod comes out. I don't love tinkering with the settings.. not fun dealing with the wifi config, etc. Would be cool if you came out with a final firmware version of each where the default setting is meant to complement all the TN mods.

Hey! So for the subway I wanted to go in a slightly different colour direction. The blue contrasts better with the flames when they trigger, and match better with the blue of atomic godzilla (for those that have it). I do try to look at everything as a whole to make sure it all matches in as best as possible.

If you would prefer them all to have a consistent neon colour, happy to send you a Config file that would be an easy upload through the UI - no tweaking

#392 13 days ago

I've got Atomic Godzilla, Noodle Bar and Subway waiting to be installed (Tokyo Neon already in). Is there any particular order that makes the most sense? I'm pretty terrible at this stuff if that makes any difference.

#393 13 days ago
Quoted from Gudfala:

I've got Atomic Godzilla, Noodle Bar and Subway waiting to be installed (Tokyo Neon already in). Is there any particular order that makes the most sense? I'm pretty terrible at this stuff if that makes any difference.

Ahoy fellow Canberran!

I would probably do the Noodle Bar first, and then look to doing Atomic Godzilla and Subway together, since they both require that area to be clear during the install process, so will save you some time.

Any problems just shout.

#394 13 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Ahoy fellow Canberran!
I would probably do the Noodle Bar first, and then look to doing Atomic Godzilla and Subway together, since they both require that area to be clear during the install process, so will save you some time.
Any problems just shout.

Thanks Davey - got two weeks off to look after the kids for school holidays so figured I best get onto it. If you ever happen to find yourself back here hit me up and I'll buy you a drink!

#395 12 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hey! So for the subway I wanted to go in a slightly different colour direction. The blue contrasts better with the flames when they trigger, and match better with the blue of atomic godzilla (for those that have it). I do try to look at everything as a whole to make sure it all matches in as best as possible.
If you would prefer them all to have a consistent neon colour, happy to send you a Config file that would be an easy upload through the UI - no tweaking

No I'm not talking about "all magenta". I could manage that. But if the other 3 are magenta, and one is blue..it feels a bit imbalanced. Maybe seems more suitable for them to each be a different color in that case?

My point is in a vacuum when you first started maybe you picked the best looking color for the sign, but if you install all the mods together and then go and pick colors/effects, would you make the same decisions?

#396 12 days ago
Quoted from Gudfala:

Thanks Davey - got two weeks off to look after the kids for school holidays so figured I best get onto it. If you ever happen to find yourself back here hit me up and I'll buy you a drink!

Haven't been back for a few years (jpre Covid) just because the UK/Oz Summer holidays don't match up.. it was a lot easier when the kids were little! We're thinking about maybe next xmas so if it happens, I'll take you up on that! Coopers green mmm

#397 12 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

No I'm not talking about "all magenta". I could manage that. But if the other 3 are magenta, and one is blue..it feels a bit imbalanced. Maybe seems more suitable for them to each be a different color in that case?
My point is in a vacuum when you first started maybe you picked the best looking color for the sign, but if you install all the mods together and then go and pick colors/effects, would you make the same decisions?

Well, yeah, I think so, otherwise I wouldn't have picked em! Lol.

I completely get it if other people don't agree with those choices, these things are subjective after all, but then that's the beauty of having it configurable.

#398 12 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Well, yeah, I think so, otherwise I wouldn't have picked em! Lol.
I completely get it if other people don't agree with those choices, these things are subjective after all, but then that's the beauty of having it configurable.

I just didn't realize that when you first designed Tokyo Neon #1 and chose the default colors for it, you had already designed all the other mods and coordinated all the colors together!

Anyway, I made some slight tweaks for now. Will wait for final mods to mess with it much more

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#399 12 days ago

Hay Davy, I'm curious about the footprint of building
3. About a year ago I scratch built and installed a building to occupy the space where the mothra plastic is. The plan was to eventually replace all the buildings with my own work
And then you had to go and drop the subway building ...which I am currently on the list. So I'm wondering if the design of the new building Is going to play nice with what I have installed or will I need to bring out the wrecking ball. I get it if you don't wanna reveal any spoilers,
I'm just trying to plan my future skyline.
Also,you suck! You're work is so impressive I just recently got on the list for your tbl mod
And I don't have a tbl. Now I have to get one so I have a proper place to display your mod. Keep knocking them out, you rock.

Screenshot_20240707_094259_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240707_094259_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240707_094554_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240707_094554_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240707_095112_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240707_095112_Chrome (resized).jpg
#400 10 days ago

When is the next building? I can’t get enough of these mods . They look 5000x better in person and they seem like stock additions to the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
The Electric Playground

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, WI
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crown Point, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.