• 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by altan
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 2 years ago

When the game was announced I felt it was one of those titles that I'd need to get a Premium on due to the cool extra features but after playing at my local hangout which had an LE and Pro side by side I found that I actually preferred how the Pro played.

I prefer the MechaGodzilla area on the Pro vs. the Premium. On the Premium the spinner shot is wider and easier to hit and MG mb is way easier to start. I think the tighter spinner shot on the Pro is more challenging to hit and it's cleaner (always exits on the right and comes around). On the Premium the ball can exit left or right and can get stuck. On the Pro I set my MG MB to "Hard" which requires hitting those side targets.-this can be done by shooting the middle spinner shot and holding up your upper left flipper as the ball comes around. I think this is more fun than bashing some targets from straight-on shots. I also like that the spinner is always available to hit on the Pro.

I think the moving building on the Premium has positive and negatives. For positives it is cool to watch lock balls and I like that it can change the ball paths. For negatives it requires you to plunge more often due to the ball locks and it doesn't feel as clean to hit. On the Pro you are shooting over the wood playfield vs. shooting over a layer of metal. Shots feel more consistent on the Pro. I've had weak shots rejected on the premium (as well as shots when the building is moving) and also seem to have issues with Wallop shots going SDTM on the LE and Premium that I play on route. The Pros I have played don't seem to do that.

The bridge is the biggest thing that I think the Pro is missing. I like the added effect that it gives the game.

I would be thrilled owning any Stern Godzilla game. Get whichever one you can get soonest for MSRP.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I man that is a positive for me. You get another try at a skill shot and another ball save timer.

It's personal preference. I prefer not having the action slow down. On the Pro it doesn't even have virtual locks, it just goes right into multi-ball.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm having trouble deciding whether or not to keep the pro. I think it will come down to if the lighting effects are actually significantly different.

I think the only lighting differences are that the Premium has spotlights for the MechaGodzilla and Godzilla figures. You could easily add those to the Pro if you wanted to.

1 year later
#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Personally this is one game where you have to get premium. I have a few that it is premium or bust: jurrasic park, godzilla, avengers Infinity quest, and ghost busters for me, are "gotta have em premium."
But most pinball is still good pinball.

Disagree on Godzilla and AIQ. I also think that Ghostbusters is way more enjoyable as a Pro. I have a buddy that recently bought a Godzilla Premium and is considering trading down for a Pro because he likes how it plays more. I know the vast majority prefer Godzilla Premium and are wowed by the mechs in the game, but there are still a number of us that genuinely prefer the Pro's gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-vs-premium-?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.