Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jonboy71
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I am wondering what used Godzilla premiums will be selling for in a year. It appears the market is going to be flooded with these games.. There's going to be the next best thing probably a couple of them in the next year and some people will need to move these Godzillas that they way overpaid for from scalpers . People bought those new for about $8,300 and are trying to sell them for 11 or 12k and some people are actually buying them for those prices. They will probably be around 8K in a year so you only have a several thousand loss when you go to buy that next shining game. Yes you enjoyed playing the game and you did get it right away which is worth something.. There's too many other good games used to play for a while and then when that new game gets old the price is decent.

#2 2 years ago

LOL!!!

Been a 420 day for You?

You really think the supply chain will be fixed next year??? Be prepared for even bigger price increases next year.

Costs of goods and transportation for goods is skyrocketing. People flipping burgers will be getting close to $20 an hour within 12 months.

#3 2 years ago

It depends when these games hit the pinside market place...

Pinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).pngPinside_Marketplace_LE_mrclean (resized).png
    #4 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

I’ll take one of each of those please. LE off course.

#5 2 years ago

I’ve seen nearly zero negative feedback on Godzilla.
    If production keeps at this rate plan on paying more for a premium. Hope it’s not a big bub… oh nevermind.

#6 2 years ago

Heck, prices are so wacky and volatile I don't think anyone could predict what prices will be next week, let alone next year.

#7 2 years ago

I was pretty sure game prices were going to plummet at the beginning of COVID. My job was fortunately not impacted and I was ready to jump on some deals. Boy was I wrong. If you can predict this, or the housing market, or the stock market, or the crypto market, you'd be rich. Buy the games you like. Play them, enjoy them. Make some money, lose some money. Who cares.

#8 2 years ago

What makes Godzilla so great compared to game like JP? I've put like 10 or so games on it, but don't see it yet. JP was obviously great from the jump.

#9 2 years ago

I appreciate and like these threads OP - many get sick of the price ones. I don't see the market getting too flooded on many games with the supply being limited for some time. Seems like more people coming into as opposed to exiting the hobby so those 2 things (decreased supply + increased demand) should continue to push game prices up unless it is a dog title - which Godzilla is not.

#10 2 years ago

How are the used prices for Jurassic park? Through the roof. This is maybe the best game ever made, it will be in demand as long as pinball is around, good luck

#11 2 years ago

I don't see Stern increasing output in the next year and they can't just make Godzilla so prices will continue to climb for this game. Every machine they make will be bought. Buy now, play and enjoy. Bring on Rush and BTTF too plz.

#12 2 years ago

Did people pay 8300? I haven’t heard that from anyone.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

Did people pay 8300? I haven’t heard that from anyone.

If so, that distro barely wet their beak.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

People flipping burgers will be getting close to $20 an hour within 12 months.

$20 for flipping burgers won’t last long.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/business/technology/story/2020-02-27/flippy-fast-food-restaurant-robot-arm%3f_amp=true

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

No Evil Dead LE? Shame shame.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

That shit is FUNNY! I’m so glad Killer Klowns made it on the list next to some impressive juggernauts! I’d say Labyrinth is the weak on totem pole. There’s better titles than Big Trouble in Little China, but the callouts would be phenomenal so it can stay.
    A Kurt Russell themed pin would be fantastic. Just mash his career into one game!

#17 2 years ago

Lol well I just ordered a premium tonight and I was told the end of 22 to early 23 is when I will get my game so go luck with that theory!

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Prices are not high enough on those ads to be believable.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

I am wondering what used Godzilla premiums will be selling for in a year. It appears the market is going to be flooded with these games.. There's going to be the next best thing probably a couple of them in the next year and some people will need to move these Godzillas that they way overpaid for from scalpers . People bought those new for about $8,300 and are trying to sell them for 11 or 12k and some people are actually buying them for those prices. They will probably be around 8K in a year so you only have a several thousand loss when you go to buy that next shining game. Yes you enjoyed playing the game and you did get it right away which is worth something.. There's too many other good games used to play for a while and then when that new game gets old the price is decent.

Dude. NO ONE PAID $8300 from the distributor. $8700 if you picked it up. Add another $100 if you had it shipped.

#20 2 years ago

My crystal ball says pin prices will continue to rise for at least 5 years. It's never been wrong, except when it were.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

A Kurt Russell themed pin would be fantastic. Just mash his career into one game!

Hell yeah! Looking forward to playing some "The Horse in the Gray Flannel Suit" multiball.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

If Stern has caught up with their production backlog and you can buy one for NIB at MSRP? A used Godzilla premium will go for MSRP - ~ $500. If the wait to get a NIB in Godzilla is 1-3 months? MSRP + $1,000. If it is 4-6 months? MSRP + $2,000. If 7+ months? $2,500 plus.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from pickleric:

If so, that distro barely wet their beak.

They got a very small piece of pie to go with not much meat on that bone.

#24 2 years ago

LOL, Wolfy wants a cheap Godzilla.

You’re assuming everyone sells their games in less than a year, and that won’t be the case. Demand will be higher than supply for quite some time.

Quoted from palmab03:

What makes Godzilla so great compared to game like JP? I've put like 10 or so games on it, but don't see it yet. JP was obviously great from the jump.

I have them both, and I think JP is the better game. The gameplay is just tighter & feels more satisfying. Godzilla is no slouch, just a bit more chaotic & has more “F you” drains from missed or slow shots. Godzilla has toys & rules that are a bit more casual friendly up front than JP, the art is better, and it’s the first Japanese/Kaiju theme (sure there’s Ultraman, but Godzilla is a bit more mainstream). Godzilla/Japanese pop culture/Kaiju genre has a huge passionate cult following that collects movies & toys, and I think that demo crosses over with pinball.

#25 2 years ago

I think the chaos will settle in. GnR was the greatest pinball game ever and they are available now used for not much over the msrp now. No reason why Stern won't keep making Zilla for the foreseeable future much like the other titles they are still making.. I just think the honeymoon phase will be longer because of supply. But as soon as the next greatest pinball ever made comes out Zilla will be available. Patience. Yes the market will probably keep going up, question will be whether or not it will be a result of the manufacturers or Fomo buyers.

#26 2 years ago

Will Jaws actually rise from the playfield and eat the ball as it rolls down the back of a boat while the scene from the movie plays on a 27” monitor in the reflective back glass with the shaker motor going nuts?
    Right before “you’re going to need a bigger boat” multiball engages?
    If so, I’m in

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Man I need a bigger house stat!

#28 2 years ago

Well, nobody has ever gone broke betting on a pinball price collapse so I can say with 100 percent certainty the bubble will burst and Godzilla prices will plummet in less than a year. Just bide your time!

Also...inflation!!!

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

But as soon as the next greatest pinball ever made comes out Zilla will be available.

Horrible & mediocre games have climbed to crazy price heights…why would an actual good game like Godzilla drop when available?

#30 2 years ago

Deadly Weapon for sale on FacebookMarketplace for $2,300? I mean, it's a fun enough game, but it's Deadly-Freakin'-Weapon! haha.

#31 2 years ago

Long term they will probably drop, but with demand and inflation I don’t see it happening anytime soon. The lack of depreciation has really changed my view on buying NIB and a reason I pulled the trigger on a Premium. I’ll probably play it 5,000+ times while I own it so will definitely get my money’s worth in entertainment in case the prices do slide backwards. Sucks to be getting into home ownership right now, but seeing the value in my games increase doesn’t have me complaining too much.

#32 2 years ago

$8799-$8899 for most people that were lucky enough to get a first run premium. How many premiums did they even make? Less than the 1,000 LE’s? I find it hard to believe that the market will be flooded and that there will be any price decrease for Godzilla over the next year.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from palmab03:

What makes Godzilla so great compared to game like JP?

Its new, plain and simple. I mean its a good game and all but with the exception of being a Godzilla super fan its nothing special.

#34 2 years ago

Godzilla is a title that has it all.
    Everybody who's played it loves this pin.
    It has knocked MM off the throne.
    Stern cannot keep up with demand.
    The hobby now has "investor" money.
    Everything cycles, but holy grail games are different.
    Top 5 game forever......

#35 2 years ago

Just my personal opinion but I feel like Godzilla took a leap forward and will be a legacy pin that collectors will want to have for years. Stern cant come close to making enough of them to satisfy demand. In 2022, if you want one on impulse and havent been on an allocation for months, you'll be paying $10,500-$12k for a premium.
    Possibly if we get into 2023 and enough hot new titles are out and they can run enough of these will we see prices come down to MSRP.
    The problem is even if supply chain gets better, Stern has 15 pins in their current catalog and there are back orders for every single one of them.
    That doesnt take into account that we'll have Rush, and probably 2 more cornerstone titles between now and the end of 2022.
    Even with all their lines going, they have to stagger production and it could be 3-4 years before their turn times on getting NIB games in a home are back to where they were pre-pandemic.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Just my personal opinion but I feel like Godzilla took a leap forward and will be a legacy pin that collectors will want to have for years. Stern cant come close to making enough of them to satisfy demand. In 2022, if you want one on impulse and havent been on an allocation for months, you'll be paying $10,500-$12k for a premium.
    Possibly if we get into 2023 and enough hot new titles are out and they can run enough of these will we see prices come down to MSRP.
    The problem is even if supply chain gets better, Stern has 15 pins in their current catalog and there are back orders for every single one of them.
    That doesnt take into account that we'll have Rush, and probably 2 more cornerstone titles between now and the end of 2022.
    Even with all their lines going, they have to stagger production and it could be 3-4 years before their turn times on getting NIB games in a home are back to where they were pre-pandemic.

Meh. You think? Seems like it’s a very good pin among many others but it’s just new during a huge uptick in pinball fanfare

#37 2 years ago

I do. I've owned a lot of modern pins and have at least played 95% of them. The fanfare and excitement around Godzilla is different. It will only get better as the code gets better. It's being driven some by the FOMO and supply chain as well. If stern was able to get an additional 4k machines out by 1st quarter it might be different, but it'll be end of the year before a lot of day one people get their premiums. As everyone else plays them, there will be many who want them.
    In the same way that folks will pay $11k for an EHOH Premium, they're going to be okay paying that for Godzilla to forgo a 9 month wait. Not everyone will, but enough will to keep prices high.
    Look at how quick Deadpool Premiums and LEs move. Once enough folks want the same thing the lack of inventory hurts.
    There's no good reason a Stranger Things LE is $14k and a TMNT LE is $8800 but that's where we are right now. TMNT pricing wont come up until there aren't any LEs to be found.

Quoted from greeneye:

Meh. You think? Seems like it’s a very good pin among many others but it’s just new during a huge uptick in pinball fanfare

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

People flipping burgers will be getting close to $20 an hour within 12 months.

News Alert: They already are! Five Guys in Franklin TN is paying $20-$22 a hour to find workers.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:Horrible & mediocre games have climbed to crazy price heights…why would an actual good game like Godzilla drop when available?

Yea, but they don't sell very well. Everyone wants the latest and greatest.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I was pretty sure game prices were going to plummet at the beginning of COVID. My job was fortunately not impacted and I was ready to jump on some deals. Boy was I wrong. If you can predict this, or the housing market, or the stock market, or the crypto market, you'd be rich. Buy the games you like. Play them, enjoy them. Make some money, lose some money. Who cares.

actually at the beginning of COVID they did fall some because lots of people freaked out and dumped some stuff, but it did not last very long. I got Nine Ball for $300, whirlwind and hurricane for $1500 (for both), and some other stuff pretty cheap. Then things went silly.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

actually at the beginning of COVID they did fall some because lots of people freaked out and dumped some stuff, but it did not last very long. I got Nine Ball for $300, whirlwind and hurricane for $1500 (for both), and some other stuff pretty cheap. Then things went silly.

Yeah people panicked for about 10 minutes when it looked like the economy was going to collapse. I got a gorgeous Ali and a Beatles Plat cheap.

I also got a beautiful 1000 square foot apartment in midtown Manhattan for peanuts, rent stabilized so we have it cheap until we move out - our reward for sticking it out when everybody else freaked out and moved in with their parents in the suburbs. Current market rate for an apartment this size is $1,500 a month more than we are paying.

So long story short...yay capitalism!!!

#42 2 years ago

Until code is “finished” I’m not putting the game on a throne, but if the code gets to Jurassic Park level I can see it finding it’s way into the top 5. Just ticks the boxes for me on layout, toys and humor.

#43 2 years ago

Godzilla stomps JP and it’s not even close
    Better shots
    Better toys
    Better art
    Way better animations and call outs
    Don’t get me wrong JP is good but it is not even close; Godzilla is a top 3 game of all times
    ITS EPIC

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Until code is “finished” I’m not putting the game on a throne, but if the code gets to Jurassic Park level I can see it finding it’s way into the top 5. Just ticks the boxes for me on layout, toys and humor.

This 100%. Godzilla right now is a great shooter, superb looker, and great assets to boot. Rules/comprehension right now are decent at best. Several Sterns eclipse it overall at this point still. I've got complete faith in the rules coming together and challenging the top tier stern games for supremacy.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Godzilla stomps JP and it’s not even close
    Better shots
    Better toys
    Better art
    Way better animations and call outs
    Don’t get me wrong JP is good but it is not even close; Godzilla is a top 3 game of all times
    ITS EPIC

-T-Rex is amazing. A living monster in a game. Godzilla’s monsters are static. The Newton truck & raptor pen are also super fun.

- Shots are way butterier & have more consistent behavior in JP. Just a tighter design that feels more tested.

-GZ art is better.

-GZ callouts are better, but it doesn’t have that much animation compared to JP. JP is 100% custom animation. GZ is 90% movie clips, with a bit of custom animation mixed in. It totally works tho - it’s great to have real assets. But you can barely call it “animation”.

JP is amazing. Godzilla is really good. JP is bolted. Can’t say that for GZ yet. Maybe. We’ll see.

#46 2 years ago

Keith is rapidly becoming the face of Sterns franchise with all his successes as of late.

Just remember what Lyman did with The Walking Dead and if you recall that game was dogged on when it was first released and now it’s one of his all-time greatest.

Keith only has this game at .81 I could only imagine where it’s going to be in a year from now. Full disclosure I also have a Jurassic Park premium with the ultimate video code and I believe that’s still one of the greatest games and I put Godzilla right up there with it.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Keith is rapidly becoming the face of Sterns franchise with all his successes as of late.
    Just remember what Lyman did with The Walking Dead and if you recall that game was dogged on when it was first released and now it’s one of his all-time greatest.
    Keith only has this game at .81 I could only imagine where it’s going to be in a year from now. Full disclosure I also have a Jurassic Park premium with the ultimate video code and I believe that’s still one of the greatest games and I put Godzilla right up there with it.

Don’t get me wrong, I loves me some Lyman - but he generally has to figure out how the rules will work after someone else designed it. The great thing about Elwin’s games is he designs it with the rules thought out already - so, you know things will be really cohesive and pretty far along at launch.

#48 2 years ago

Just play better

Quoted from Rarehero:

-T-Rex is amazing. A living monster in a game. Godzilla’s monsters are static. The Newton truck & raptor pen are also super fun.
    - Shots are way butterier & have more consistent behavior in JP. Just a tighter design that feels more tested.
    -GZ art is better.
    -GZ callouts are better, but it doesn’t have that much animation compared to JP. JP is 100% custom animation. GZ is 90% movie clips, with a bit of custom animation mixed in. It totally works tho - it’s great to have real assets. But you can barely call it “animation”.
    JP is amazing. Godzilla is really good. JP is bolted. Can’t say that for GZ yet. Maybe. We’ll see.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Just play better
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"903ad07b4173053f266369d8deb84b3fda96b458-1638365135-1800"};
    //]]>

What does that have to do with what you quoted? Weird.

#50 2 years ago

Consumer habits are changing. We are now able to watch high quality video with high quality audio at home. We are now able to play hundreds of video games at home in one machine. I think the move of pinball to the home will continue as people invest in their home experience. Covid and all it's restrictions have certainly played a part in the demand for machines in the home. At the same time supply chain issues and the drop in work ethic will continue to keep the cost of manufacturing high. It may change at some point but I believe we are going to see price increases and demand continue. Add that to an incredible machine like Godzilla and the prices will move higher.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-prices-in-a-year?hl=horse_cop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.