(Topic ID: 306867)

Godzilla Premium - Quoted September 2022 or even 2023!?

By NovaCade

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C830808A-0927-4C27-A6A4-5E14377FC2FF (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I’ll start with, I am not trying to start another bitch fest thread here.

I have been looking around for a Godzilla Premium, I finally realized that since I refuse to pay 13k for one second hand, that I will just have to place an order and wait it out for a NIB. So I sent out a few messages to some distributors, the first said they expect them Sept of 2022 or possible even 2023.

Idk, I just find it crazy that Stern’s current release is booked out that far. With these types of backlogs, should we just start to expect one short run of a title before they pump out the next one?

So many people talking about Rush or Venom, I just want a GZ premium.

#2 2 years ago

It’s crazy. But I’m thrilled that pinball is thriving. Good times. Played Godzilla a couple hours today, it’s worth the wait.

#3 2 years ago

You’re probably being quoted delivery far back in the line for that distributor(s). I’d keep calling around, including distributors that don’t cater heavily to the Pinside crowd, to hopefully get a better date. And/Or wait for more premiums to get out there - I’d be surprised if the price didn’t settle in around 10-11k. If it somehow stayed that high 2nd hand, Stern would likely figure how to make more sooner and raise the price.

#4 2 years ago

Makes sense to produce new games when you can't get one already released. I was told I'd be 12th or so in line if I wanted a GZ premium which would arrive when? I too think it's great there are so many options, but its always something. Seems the only thing yiu can count on is the secondary market but price is always a big factor..

#5 2 years ago

It sucks - first world problems and all, but it's getting ridiculous.

Stern is definitely going to move on to their next new pin a couple times between now and then. I don't know what the true bottlenecks with production actually are, but if they aren't resolved before middle of next year I don't see why GZ will be any different than Mando, DP, JP, etc are now - endlessly pushed back in favor of the new titles.

I guess I'm a pessimist, I'm expecting they will make a 2022 run of GZ, but the orders are so high, seems like a high probability a lot of buyers are going to be stuck waiting for the next run after that, or if ordering now probably another run after that one even, and who the hell knows when that will materialize... Sounds like '23 from what you were told. Good luck having that not turn into late '23 at this rate.

Did Stern do three runs of any title this year? Pretty sure that is a big fat NOPE.

I'm glad I got my GZ Pro when I did.

#6 2 years ago

It’s a joke

#7 2 years ago

I played a GZ pro at the local moose club last week, and decided I wanted to make GZ my first machine. I called the local distributors and was told they're backed up on orders until 2023 or 2024. Couldn't believe it, so I just started calling all the distributors on sterns list. I was laughed at by probably 50% of the places I called, thinking I had a chance to get one. Well after calling about 25 distributors, I finally found one that had a NIB GZ premium in stock. Delivery should be anyday this week. I've been playing since about 1985, can't explain how excited I am to finally have my first pin.

#8 2 years ago

Same here I ordered a month ago was told the end of 22 to early 23! Good news the kinks should be worked out and complete code, always a silver lining right?!

#9 2 years ago

Kinda hoping that Rush, venom, the Godfather.. and someone just mentioned Bond in another thread will be the new hot pin and a GZ will come available. With my luck it won't be as good as everyone says it is and I'll be bummed.. lol. Missed a chance to trade for a pro, but not sure losing those toys would be disappointing. Back to the waiting game. Patience has always been the best approach.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Same here I ordered a month ago was told the end of 22 to early 23! Good news the kinks should be worked out and complete code, always a silver lining right?!

Just make sure they don’t charge you until it’s ready to ship. They shouldn’t be getting interest free loans for over a year.

#11 2 years ago

I ordered Nov 8 from a well known distributor. Expecting it in Summer/Fall of 22. No payment until its ready to ship.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Terpslurps:

I played a GZ pro at the local moose club last week, and decided I wanted to make GZ my first machine. I called the local distributors and was told they're backed up on orders until 2023 or 2024. Couldn't believe it, so I just started calling all the distributors on sterns list. I was laughed at by probably 50% of the places I called, thinking I had a chance to get one. Well after calling about 25 distributors, I finally found one that had a GZ premium in stock. Delivery should be anyday this week. I've been playing since about 1985, can't explain how excited I am to finally have my first pin.

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did they charge? $10,500?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

If you don’t mind me asking, how much did they charge? $10,500?

$9,899 and didn't have to pay tax cause it was out of state, so not too far from MSRP

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just make sure they don’t charge you until it’s ready to ship. They shouldn’t be getting interest free loans for over a year.

Yeah it's cool it's Zach so no worries! I bet I could call around and sneak in somewhere to get one quicker but I'm sticking with him. Also hoping that he's giving me a worse case scenario and maybe I'll get lucky and get it before then.

#15 2 years ago

I scored one with 8 plays on it (floor model) 2 weeks ago. I paid over MSRP ($9695 + tax) for it but nothing compared to the second hand prices I am seeing around here. I paid extra figuring it would be forever before I could get one. I found mine by looking for a distributor with a poor online presence (and found one!). How did I find one that had a poor online presence that didn't cater to the home crowd?

I searched Google Maps for "pinball". I found 5 places that list that they sell pinball within a hundred miles of me. One had a poor website that showed they had Godzilla Premiums in stock. I called them, then hopped in my car to go see. I feel much more comfortable with cash on the glass deals, walked in, saw a premium, wrote a check, and left with it...

I wrote a writeup on the place which raised prices after being linked to on pinside. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baltimore-pinball-distributor-w-showroom-royal-flush-amusements

Long story short, check your local google maps for local distributors to find those word of mouth doesn't bring to your attention. These places might be able to get you on the March list. It is worth a shot.

There are also fantastic distributors here on pinside that would be happy to get you a pin when they have them in stock.

#16 2 years ago

Exactly why I am just content and enjoy what I have.
Going to let the market settle and production catch up before I even think about another NIB

#17 2 years ago

I wouldn't dismiss Godzilla Pro since you can likely get one a lot sooner and close to MSRP. I think it's every bit as much fun as the Premium.

#18 2 years ago

odd that they release new games if they can fill orders for the backlog !
pause the new builds ...

#19 2 years ago

Just glad I got my pro for $6600 delivered. Picked it up on the 24th at FedEx in order to have it for Christmas.

#21 2 years ago

Supply chain issue are real and having a massive hit on your hands is exacerbating the wait times. Cannot imagine the headaches incurred having to source out pinball specific parts during this time.

#22 2 years ago

One of my close friends is a Stern distributor, I ordered a premium from him a few months back, was originally told March, but now looking like August. The problem according to him is that all you chuckleheads are calling every distro and getting on their lists, so you have one buyer on multiple lists and all distros get their stock at about the same time so there most likely will be machines available after the August run.
I don't mind waiting, will get it soon enough and will pay the lowest possible price, all good.
B

#23 2 years ago

I sucks to have to wait, but good for resale value. And it's well worth the wait, it's probably the most enjoyable pin I've played so far.

The waits seemed forever when I ordered my 1st and 2nd pin, but now I don't mind waiting...It's hard to complain given the covid world we live in and such a shortage of everything (especially semiconductors - have you tried looking for a higher end video card? They have doubled from when I bought one a year ago)

#25 2 years ago

Best overall stern pin ever imo and probably my favorite layout ever of any pin.... and the premiums extra toys/mechs are a great addition in a home environment. As has been mentioned allready...its worth the wait and I'm curious how stern pins released after it will compare bc they really stepped up on godzilla and it's gonna be tough to impress after it's release.
Like others mentioned call around to some of the not so known distros bc they are a ton that never get mentioned. I found a premium day before Thanksgiving when everyone else said there were none available and won't be till August or so. Looks like others have started doing this and found a few . Good luck..

#26 2 years ago

They are running a Feb/March build, so maybe those pins have all been spoken for until the next build you are hearing dates for. I bought a pro just to play until my premium is built in Feb/March run…

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball is so hot right now!

Yes…but Levi…do you think this bubble will burst soon?

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball is so hot right now!

Feels great!
C830808A-0927-4C27-A6A4-5E14377FC2FF (resized).jpegC830808A-0927-4C27-A6A4-5E14377FC2FF (resized).jpeg

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes…but Levi…do you think this bubble will burst soon?

As soon as the masses can get back to travel/ vacationing/etc, pinball machines will be selling for a fraction of what they are now! Low play/home use machines will flood the market! Good times are coming!!! Mark my words.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from ZooDude:

One of my close friends is a Stern distributor, I ordered a premium from him a few months back, was originally told March, but now looking like August. The problem according to him is that all you chuckleheads are calling every distro and getting on their lists, so you have one buyer on multiple lists and all distros get their stock at about the same time so there most likely will be machines available after the August run.
I don't mind waiting, will get it soon enough and will pay the lowest possible price, all good.
B

I agree with your close friend. The only issue is that stern has been shorting distros on all their orders. If they didn’t there would be a surplus of machines by next summer thanks to all the chuckleheads/aka pinsiders.

#32 2 years ago

Stern is going to have to tell their designers to crank out a couple turds so they have time to catchup on the hit games.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

As soon as the masses can get back to travel/ vacationing/etc, pinball machines will be selling for a fraction of what they are now! Low play/home use machines will flood the market! Good times are coming!!! Mark my words.

All joking aside, I hope to receive my premium by next august.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Stern is going to have to tell their designers to crank out a couple turds so they have time to catchup on the hit games.

Rush may fit the bill, we will see

#35 2 years ago

I ordered a premium sept 22 and I am pushed back to at least August.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-quoted-september-2022-or-even-2023?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.