• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1144 (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

my Godzilla premium is acting up. It’s a location piece, so I can watch it online via insider connect.

Over the weekend it went offline. Location said it was taking coin but not giving credits. Yesterday I was at the location when it opened. Powered it up, played it a couple times, wiped it down, left.

Sometime around 8, it went offline again. I called, and the location said the game was on, but the playfield lights were out. First reboot, the game wouldn’t come back on. Second reboot, it came back on, but it lost connectivity again sometime right before close.

Today again, looks like it came on as normal, but lost connection about 3 hours after power up.

Trying to figure out what I might be dealing with here. It sounds like it’s losing connection with one of the node boards? Now, there is a lot of stuff plugged into the sane line.... maybe too much stuff plugged in? Maybe a power supply issue?

Trying to see if anyone has seen something similar.

Thanks!
Mike

#2 1 year ago

I have a completely different GZ prem problem. Which is i don’t have one yet

I know this isn't helpful at all. But it did bump it back to the top. Which isn’t really that useful since it was a new thread and not far down.

I’ll see myself out..

On a serious note - are you saying that each time you lose internet connectivity the game also goes out of service / playable? Like is the game freezing up causing the connection to be lost. I’d be suspish of the power coming in also but yr not seeing resets. Just locking up. Maybe try to reinstall the code. I’m more of a B/W guy but am an aspiring GZ prem owner lol.

#3 1 year ago

Maybe try reseating the SD card.

I was having lots of issues with my Rush. Not booting, going offline, rebooting when I'd open the coin door, stuck on initializing screen forever. Just totally crazy. Sometimes the machine worked, but most of the time something wacky was going on.

I took the SD card out to see what size it was, as a friend said they'd burn me a new image if I gave them a card. I put the card back in and all my troubles went away.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Maybe try reseating the SD card.
I was having lots of issues with my Rush. Not booting, going offline, rebooting when I'd open the coin door, stuck on initializing screen forever. Just totally crazy. Sometimes the machine worked, but most of the time something wacky was going on.
I took the SD card out to see what size it was, as a friend said they'd burn me a new image if I gave them a card. I put the card back in and all my troubles went away.

Did you burn a new card, or did you simply re seat your original?

I went to the location today... reseated all the cat5 and a few node board connectors. Unplugged the shaker motor. Reseated all the WiFi crap and the sd card. Updated the code. Played a few games. Left.

It went offline again a half hour ago

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Did you burn a new card, or did you simply re seat your original?
I went to the location today... reseated all the cat5 and a few node board connectors. Unplugged the shaker motor. Reseated all the WiFi crap and the sd card. Updated the code. Played a few games. Left.
It went offline again a half hour ago

Since you're not getting node error messages when it's misbehaving even after a reboot, would just scratch that one thing off the diagnostics checklist. Get a new card and burn a fresh/raw image. Theres a decent chance Stern might ask you to do that first anyway if going through their support.

#6 1 year ago

Did not burn a new card. Just reseated original.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Since you're not getting node error messages when it's misbehaving even after a reboot, would just scratch that one thing off the diagnostics checklist. Get a new card and burn a fresh/raw image. Theres a decent chance Stern might ask you to do that first anyway if going through their support.

Yep that’s what Pablo told me to do, so that’s next.

Today I adjusted the 48v on the power supply to 48.2 as suggested in another thread. I also plugged it into a separate outlet. Was at the location for an hour.... played it, didn’t play it, left. Sure as shit, 10 minutes after I left, it froze up again.

Burning another sd image this weekend, and have a new power supply coming in just in case it’s a thermal issue.

#8 1 year ago

Update on the Godzilla. Pulled it in off location and it was working fine for a couple days... zero issues. Burned another sd card last night. Played it, fine. Woke up this morning, booted it, and within a half hour, it froze up. Backbox was still fully illuminated, playfield was completely dark. Display had a frozen graphic on it from the high score table with some jittery lines behind the fonts.

I have a new power supply here. Could it be a power supply, or do you think it’s the cpu? Honestly I should’ve popped the backbox open when it happened to see if I still had voltages from the ps but I got caught in the moment.

Mike

#9 1 year ago

I am having issues with the Building going down and reading Mutiball Lock. Any thoughts. Thanks so much.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from JurassicPark:

I am having issues with the Building going down and reading Mutiball Lock. Any thoughts. Thanks so much.

Have you checked the Godzilla owner's club thread? Others having building issues and resolving them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/276#post-7080802

#11 1 year ago

I troubleshot the problem to the CPU board. Stern is sending me another one. I can play the game for hours but it just freezes up every once in a while, and I can’t have that with a location game.

1 year later
#12 4 months ago

Not sure where to post this but: I bought a NIB premium and have approx 1000 games played in home. I was linked to stern insider. After the last update 1.08, my machine keeps rebooting after turning on the power switch. (It wasn't immediately after the update but just a few days after and a point of reference). I finally pulled out the USB wifi dongle and the machine boots up and plays fine. I called Stern and they sent me a new wifi dongle. I just got the dongle today and plugged it in and it's doing the same thing in both USB slots. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas? Am I in the right place to be posting this? I plan to call Stern Monday but just wondering if there is a quick fix for this?

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from jdjeff:

Not sure where to post this but: I bought a NIB premium and have approx 1000 games played in home. I was linked to stern insider. After the last update 1.08, my machine keeps rebooting after turning on the power switch. (It wasn't immediately after the update but just a few days after and a point of reference). I finally pulled out the USB wifi dongle and the machine boots up and plays fine. I called Stern and they sent me a new wifi dongle. I just got the dongle today and plugged it in and it's doing the same thing in both USB slots. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas? Am I in the right place to be posting this? I plan to call Stern Monday but just wondering if there is a quick fix for this?

Posted this for you on the Godzilla club thread as I think you’ll get more attention:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club/page/512#post-7923589

1 month later
#14 72 days ago

Hi everyone!

I was searching for information about random reboots on the Godzilla Premium pinball cab. I just purchased a new pinball with only 49 plays from a local game dealer. The game plays great, but it's rebooted twice on me without any warning. Luckily, it only happened when I was not playing it. The machine was on, but I noticed that it tuned off and then came back up again (reboot). I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this and found a solution to the problem. I'm searching for any helpful info, before I call the game store or Stern.

Thanks in advance.

#15 72 days ago
Quoted from PinBrawls:

Hi everyone!
I was searching for information about random reboots on the Godzilla Premium pinball cab. I just purchased a new pinball with only 49 plays from a local game dealer. The game plays great, but it's rebooted twice on me without any warning. Luckily, it only happened when I was not playing it. The machine was on, but I noticed that it tuned off and then came back up again (reboot). I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this and found a solution to the problem. I'm searching for any helpful info, before I call the game store or Stern.
Thanks in advance.

Get a new MicroSD card and replace the one on the CPU board... no need to format, just get one the same size, class 10 rated speed and swap it in with power off, turn on power, OS will detect and format the new MSD. Its used for IC scratch pad writes and reads, no info is saved on it from power off to power on, so don't worry about loosing any setup or saved scores or OS settings issues. Mine went bad in a couple of weeks.

If this does not stop it from restarting sporadically, call Stern.

#16 71 days ago

Bublehead Thank you very much for your advice! I will give it a try, but I seemed to have solved the issue for now. The machine rebooted once more, but this time it updated the game code from 1.07.0 to 1.08.0 and it has not turned off yet. I also tested my wall plugs with a multimeter to make sure the voltage good, and the numbers there were great. The only other thing I did was place it on a surge protector strip and perhaps the combination of the update and surge protector worked. At least for now....Fingers crossed. Thanks again for taking the time to share your advice with me.

1 week later
#17 60 days ago

38 games in and this sticker is already peeling and it’s quite a thick sticker. As the building lowers that sticker hits the bridge not good. I’ll get a new sticker from Stern and maybe for now cut the unstuck bit off. Twice my bridge has acted up maybe it’s the bridge sticker pushing it

IMG_1144 (resized).jpegIMG_1144 (resized).jpegIMG_1145 (resized).jpegIMG_1145 (resized).jpeg
#18 60 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

38 games in and this sticker is already peeling and it’s quite a thick sticker. As the building lowers that sticker hits the bridge not good. I’ll get a new sticker from Stern and maybe for now cut the unstuck bit off. Twice my bridge has acted up maybe it’s the bridge sticker pushing it [quoted image][quoted image]

Seriously ..... just put a little CA on your finger , spread it in the corner and glue down. Your done . Easy Peasy

#19 60 days ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Seriously ..... just put a little CA on your finger , spread it in the corner and glue down. Your done . Easy Peasy

Had the same issue, and surprisingly CA did not do the job. Even epoxy wouldn't hold it down. Marine glue is what I ended up with.

But unless the root cause of the lip catching on the bridge is resolved it will just keep happening. I loosened up the screw to the left of the building that pushes up on the lip as it sinks, causing it to raise before hitting the bridge. I think maybe Stern installed too short a post sleeve on it.

#20 60 days ago
Quoted from fkane:

Had the same issue, and surprisingly CA did not do the job. Even epoxy wouldn't hold it down. Marine glue is what I ended up with.
But unless the root cause of the lip catching on the bridge is resolved it will just keep happening. I loosened up the screw to the left of the building that pushes up on the lip as it sinks, causing it to raise before hitting the bridge. I think maybe Stern installed too short a post sleeve on it.

Cheers yeah I’ll try loosening the screw but for now I cut the corner off and once the new decal arrives hopefully all is well.

Thanks for reply.

3 weeks later
#21 36 days ago

During MB today one ball ended up behind the tower so between the tower and drop hole lol ball search cleared it but wondered how it got there? Anyone else had this happen? Maybe just a one off chance of it happening.

#22 36 days ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

During MB today one ball ended up behind the tower so between the tower and drop hole lol ball search cleared it but wondered how it got there? Anyone else had this happen? Maybe just a one off chance of it happening.

Usually happens just as MB starts, your first frantic stab at hitting the balls as they roll down... the building is moving during this period, and balls that hit the ramps from your frantic flips can end up back on top of the building, behind it, in it, behind it...

Elwin and Co. Said the reason for the SDTM trajectory of GZ MB initial release is intentional to try and minimize this exact occurance. That is all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

#23 36 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Usually happens just as MB starts, your first frantic stab at hitting the balls as they roll down... the building is moving during this period, and balls that hit the ramps from your frantic flips can end up back on top of the building, behind it, in it, behind it...
Elwin and Co. Said the reason for the SDTM trajectory of GZ MB initial release is intentional to try and minimize this exact occurance. That is all. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

Ok thanks makes alot of sense And here’s me trying to level the game so the balls don’t go down the middle after MB release lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-premium-issues-?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.