Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by Monk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What game goes best in my collection and will I enjoy the most for the long haul? ”

• AIQ Premium 21 votes
    21%
  • Godzilla Premium 80 votes
    79%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

I'm looking to add another new Stern to my collection. Currently I have a TMNT Pro, TSPP, Metallica pro, T2, No Fear, Baywatch, Star Wars and Judge Dredd. I am looking to add another Spike 2 game, but would like something not too similar to turtles. I love turtles, I usually play it first before any other game, but this is probably my last newer game for a bit so I would like some variety.

I am a huge marvel fan so have been thinking about getting an AIQ Premium but keep flip flopping between that and a Godzilla Premium. I have played an AIQ Pro and Godzilla premium many times, both are fun to me. I'm not a huge fan of the godzilla theme like I am avengers, but to me, game play and fun factor are most important. I want a game that I want to play over and over again.

I'm looking to get opinions on what you think would go best in my collection, and what you think I would enjoy the most for the long haul. I would like to buy to keep, not to play then get rid of.

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Hmm...Not a fair fight

#3 1 year ago

Godzilla, not even close.

#4 1 year ago

Well.
Zilla is good!
Vengy is shit!
So you decide

#5 1 year ago

I’m 55 so of course I chose Godzilla

#6 1 year ago

I know I’m in the minority but I feel like I had more fun shooting AIQ pro than I did GZ premium. Also, AIQs are more readily available and less expensive, so maybe go with that and if it doesn’t scratch the itch sell it and get the GZ. Why spend more money if you don’t have to?

#7 1 year ago

Godzilla Premium

#8 1 year ago

I feel GZ is looser and AIQ more technical.
Rules wise I think AIQ is just much tougher, and more frustrating. Stock setting GZ is much easier, but it seems funner.

I own both and like them both.

#9 1 year ago

We have both, can’t go wrong either way. I play AIQ more, wife plays GZ more. Based on your theme preference, I’d suggest AIQ.

#10 1 year ago

Iron Maiden

#11 1 year ago

The theme integration on AIQ is the game’s weak point, it’s one of Godzilla’s strengths.

Have owned both (only a pro on AIQ, but I have 2 premiums on location near me) and would pick Godzilla, simply because it is a full package game. Art, music, callouts, code, layout. Everything is top notch.

AIQ has great code and a fantastic layout, but the music, callouts and on-screen animation (or lack thereof) are mediocre at best.

#12 1 year ago

The responses you'll receive are easy to predict. People will vote Godzilla, hands down. People already voted with their wallets! If two games come out at similar times and one sells for thousands more on the used market, there's your answer.

You could tell people your son Thor died in a house fire, and they'd still tell you to buy Godzilla.

I struggle to get into either of those games, but that's just me.

Side question: You have a TMNT Pro and a No Fear. How do you find shooting their top loops? I could repeatedly nail No Fear all day long, but I'd make the turtles shot about 10% of the time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

#13 1 year ago

I have both, and I love both. But something about AIQ I like a little better.

AIQ is widely available.

#14 1 year ago

Godzilla by a galaxy

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

...if two games come out at similar times and one sells for thousands more on the used market, there's your answer.

Strange as it seems they are not "similar times " price wise. GZ PREM is selling for 2k+more NEW than AIQ

#16 1 year ago

I vote AIQ premium. I think it shoots better. I’m in the minority that just can’t seem to get into Godzilla even though I love the theme. I like the shots, art, and sounds on AIQ better. I think the tower magnet is more satisfying to hit than the grab magnet on GZ. Also, I really like the plunge options on AIQ vs GZ. Really can’t stand the skill shot plunge on GZ, especially the short one that dribbles right into the out lane. Remember AIQ unfortunately came out during peak Covid, so wasn’t able to get the early location play boost that GZ did. But sounds like you’ll do fine whichever way you go.

#17 1 year ago

AIQ better-shooting layout. GZ better everything else.

#18 1 year ago

If you really want a Marvel game and it has to be Spike 2, Deadpool is the winner.

I had an AIQ LE for about a year and it shoots amazing. But the rules are too much. I didn’t find the modes particularly fun. It has a ton of options on the surface, but you’ll end up with a specific order you want to complete things in and it becomes very linear.

#19 1 year ago

We have both of the pins you are looking at. Theme runs high at our house. If you really like the Marvel theme, I feel you’ll enjoy playing the AIQ more. They both offer great shots and technical play. My .02

#20 1 year ago

I like Avengers. I don’t like Godzilla. IMHO it is very overrated.

#21 1 year ago

GZ and not even close. That said, if you love Marvel superhero stuff and not so much GZ then AIQ might be better fit. You can always get AIQ and later trade it out for GZ or vice versa.

#22 1 year ago

I’ve got both and would definitely go Godzilla Premium. That being said, AIQ Premium is a great game and in my top 5. It’s neck and neck with the other Elwin designed games. I’d have a hard time choosing between AIQ, Jurassic Park and Iron Maiden.

#23 1 year ago

Thanks everyone, I enjoy hearing all your opinions, so please keep them coming. I figured the majority would say Godzilla but wanted to ask anyway.

Turtles is a ramp heavy game, which is fun, but that's also part of the reason I was thinking of godzilla, because it's not a ramp heavy game like TMNT.

Quoted from arcyallen:

The responses you'll receive are easy to predict. People will vote Godzilla, hands down. People already voted with their wallets! If two games come out at similar times and one sells for thousands more on the used market, there's your answer.
You could tell people your son Thor died in a house fire, and they'd still tell you to buy Godzilla.
I struggle to get into either of those games, but that's just me.
Side question: You have a TMNT Pro and a No Fear. How do you find shooting their top loops? I could repeatedly nail No Fear all day long, but I'd make the turtles shot about 10% of the time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great analogy As far as the top loops, depends how long ago I waxed them, hahaha. In all seriousness, I love the top ramps in both games but I can't sit there all day hitting them over and over. I can hit more consecutive loops in NF than in turtles, but luckily turtles doesn't require consecutive loops like NF sometimes does.

I am still very torn between the two, I love Marvel and the Avengers but I also want the machine that is the most fun and will keep me coming back the most, that's why I keep leaning towards godzilla.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:It has a ton of options on the surface, but you’ll end up with a specific order you want to complete things in and it becomes very linear.

Isn’t this the case for every game after a while? Once you own a game and put tons of play you usually find your path to victory or high scores. That’s why Star Wars has been a keeper for me. If I feel it is getting too linear, then I switch to a different character which changes the available modes. So the game is different.

#25 1 year ago

GZ prem. The theme integration and rules are better.

AIQ shoots great (pro much better than prem/LE) but is hurt by overly complex rules that are hard to progress through by all but top players and the callouts / music suck. If you are going to go AIQ, go pro and you'll save a lot of money over GZ prem.

#26 1 year ago

SW Prem better than both.
GOT too.

#27 1 year ago

If you’ve got time in on both, just go with your gut. Won’t go wrong either way.

#28 1 year ago

Godzilla IMO is a much better package than AIQ!!

#29 1 year ago

Godzilla theme integration is amazing but I'm not a huge fan of the layout. I do enjoy playing it but I wouldn't want to own one. I'm also not a big fan of Godzilla in general and theme is big for us so there is that too.

I absolutely hate the pro version of Avengers but the premium... After I played it once I knew I had to have it. The flow is just insane on this game. When you get good at the shots you can combo every single shot together. I also love the rising disk and the ant man vuk. Then there is my favorite ramp in pinball to shoot. Comboing black widow to capt marvel never gets old. I've beaten the game several times now and I don't really have a set path that I play. I've had the game a year and a half now and I'm still seeing new things from time to time. Due to the flow of it you can get into really long games especially on the premium. I think my average game time is over 15 minutes on this and that's with the whole family playing.

The biggest negative for avengers is the theme integration. The playfield is good but video and callouts are really bad. The movie code makes it a lot better but it's still not great.

#30 1 year ago

I have both AIQ and Godzilla. I have Godzilla on marketplace for sale. Themes are very important to me for long term staying power. I also have SW and TMNT, both fairly brutal games. But will never sell them because of the code and theme.

I actually had my AIQ for sale and decided to let Godzilla go. I kept thinking I am forcing myself to play Godzilla because of how great it shoots, but there is just something missing for me. Must be the theme. Started playing AIQ again and it was an easy decision for me. I am also a Marvel fan so this is probably what draws me in more.

Good luck.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Strange as it seems they are not "similar times " price wise. GZ PREM is selling for 2k+more NEW than AIQ

I'm not sure what you're saying as release date and price are two different metrics. Both GZ and AIZ Premiums are selling for the same price today - $9500 from Cointaker for example. My point was it's not like one machine is older and one is newer, they're both current machines that sell for very different prices used - that's the end user clearly voting with their wallets. They generally like GZ better.

#32 1 year ago

Had both next to each other for 9 months.

Reviewing your collection, you have a few games that are a grind to play, already.

Definitely go with Godzilla!

#33 1 year ago

AIQ is like a complicated deadpool machine. Gz premium is like a fancier deadpool with a bunch of stoppage time. Waiting for that building to come down gets old. Both are shot base modes to win battles. Deadpool pro is better than those 2 in my opinion.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

I know I’m in the minority but I feel like I had more fun shooting AIQ pro than I did GZ premium. Also, AIQs are more readily available and less expensive, so maybe go with that and if it doesn’t scratch the itch sell it and get the GZ. Why spend more money if you don’t have to?

AIQ is a tough sell unless at a loss and a good price. I owned AIQ and still own Godzilla, and really enjoyed AIQ, but not a huge Marvel fan. I am a huge Godzilla fan and for me better code. Both shot great and can’t go wrong with Elwin. Go with the theme you like best because that’s important.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

AIQ is like a complicated deadpool machine. Gz premium is like a fancier deadpool with a bunch of stoppage time. Waiting for that building to come down gets old. Both are shot base modes to win battles. Deadpool pro is better than those 2 in my opinion.

That is why I went with Godzilla pro. Pro flows much better IMO. And when Stern added the ball lock on the magnet when multi ball starts and then drops them was an awesome addition.

#36 1 year ago

Godzilla. Think of the whole package. Aiq animation and calls out are cheesy. Music not much better. Godzilla way ahead there. Depth code great on both. Godzilla shoots better. Aiq shots a bit too easy. Lot of people flipped aiq. Also, I'd get the pro aiq. Up kicker and extra loop ramp don't add much on the premium.

3 months later
#37 12 months ago

I own Premiums of both, and each is my favorite depending on the day. Godzilla is easier overall; more forgiving if you miss a shot. Love the "figure eight" flow of the playfield when my aim is good. My casual play go-to.

AIQ is my go-to when I want to play 'hard mode' pinball, because it prefers to roll spinning balls (read: missed shots or unfortunate returns from the spinner) to the out lanes, and should you lose a second gem you know that "this isn't the time that you save the universe" which can take away some of the motivation to play through the third ball. I tend to restart the game at the end of ball 1 a lot. The challenge of AIQ keeps me interested, but AIQ has left me frustrated a LOT more than Godzilla-

#38 12 months ago
Quoted from zaki:

Depth code great on Godzilla shoots better. Aiq shots a bit too easy.

Huh.

#39 12 months ago

Both games are fun but I would say Godzilla easily. Most of the toys in Godzilla are these awesome little versions of real world objects. The moving building, moving bridge, and Mechagodzilla are all toys that interact with the ball, impressive stuff. Plus there's the Magna Grab and spinning ramp toys. There's nothing really like that in Avengers. What does a spinning disk that moves and a vertical magnet hold shot represent from the Avengers theme? Who knows, they are still cool though.

What also helps Godzilla win this argument are the callouts, the callouts in Avengers have always seemed like XMEN 2.0 IMO which is not a good thing.

#40 12 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Both games are fun but I would say Godzilla easily. Most of the toys in Godzilla are these awesome little versions of real world objects. The moving building, moving bridge, and Mechagodzilla are all toys that interact with the ball, impressive stuff. Plus there's the Magna Grab and spinning ramp toys. There's nothing really like that in Avengers. What does a spinning disk that moves and a vertical magnet hold shot represent from the Avengers theme? Who knows, they are still cool though.
What also helps Godzilla win this argument are the callouts, the callouts in Avengers have always seemed like XMEN 2.0 IMO which is not a good thing.

the spinning disk is Dr Strange's sling ring. You spin it to light strange, finish the spell, and open the portal just like in the comic's/movies.

#41 12 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

the spinning disk is Dr Strange's sling ring. You spin it to light strange, finish the spell, and open the portal just like in the comic's/movies.

Also increases scoring values, lits more Jackpots/mode shots, has its own scoring mode etc

#42 12 months ago
Quoted from stryder319:

I own Premiums of both, and each is my favorite depending on the day. Godzilla is easier overall; more forgiving if you miss a shot. Love the "figure eight" flow of the playfield when my aim is good. My casual play go-to.
AIQ is my go-to when I want to play 'hard mode' pinball, because it prefers to roll spinning balls (read: missed shots or unfortunate returns from the spinner) to the out lanes, and should you lose a second gem you know that "this isn't the time that you save the universe" which can take away some of the motivation to play through the third ball. I tend to restart the game at the end of ball 1 a lot. The challenge of AIQ keeps me interested, but AIQ has left me frustrated a LOT more than Godzilla-

I’ve got both and have the exact same take. I haven’t messed with the settings but I’d love to make it easier to replay gems or continue progress after a drain. I’d also love to have each gem be placed on the most lucrative shot automatically. So many times I miss a shot to place a gem and it ends up somewhere really dumb like the drop targets or pops.

#43 12 months ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I’ve got both and have the exact same take. I haven’t messed with the settings but I’d love to make it easier to replay gems or continue progress after a drain. I’d also love to have each gem be placed on the most lucrative shot automatically. So many times I miss a shot to place a gem and it ends up somewhere really dumb like the drop targets or pops.

Except there's only a couple "dumb" places and everything else is player to player. Blue gem on drops is a quicker way to 10x Soul Gem points!
An easy shot for me may be hard for you and we have diff'rent places to put red power up etc.
Edit: pops do suck no doubt

#44 12 months ago

I ended up grabbing a Godzilla Premium from Jason at Classic Game Rooms. AIQ is definitely on my short list though! Thanks everyone for the great advice.

#45 12 months ago

Both very good

#46 12 months ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Both very good

Both are very good, but my God should they redo AIQs callouts. All of them.

#47 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Both are very good, but my God should they redo AIQs callouts. All of them.

Agree could use more code

#48 12 months ago

I am very picky when it comes to pins in my collection. I have both GZ and AIQ premium. AIQ is just below GZ and is great deep pin with incredible Elwin flow. Both Addictive af and better than any jjp or Bond 007. Imo.

#49 12 months ago

I actually would recommend GZ premium and AIQ pro. I am not trying to start the debate about what’s better or pro vs premium. I just prefer the pro for AIQ. The marvel ramp is cool, but I actually was not a fan of the subway lock.
And if you are into the Marvel movies, the movie code is awesome.

#50 12 months ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

... just prefer the pro for AIQ. The marvel ramp is cool, but I actually was not a fan of the subway lock.

The rising disk is a big upgrade, as Is the Marvel Ramp IF it actually works.
The subway lock is pretty boring...maybe if your 6'2+ it's cool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-prem-vs-aiq-premium?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.