8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by g43crazy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g43crazy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I picked up a very clean Godzilla with acid damage to the MPU and driver . Found a great MPU and got new game roms and new driver board . I have played 50 + games now . After 2 or 3 games the power to the flippers seems to fade to nothing . When you turn the game off and back on everything is back to normal . You might play 5 more games with no problems and then ....flipper power fades away . It is odd when it happens . Not like you hit the button and they are dead . More like they are half way working for a second and then nothing . I had trouble finding a 520 5136 MPU and got a new 520 5300 and all new roms . The driver is a new Rotten Dog. Later was able to find a great 520 5136 and used all the original roms from the acid damaged board except the main game Rom that was under the battery . The problem is there with both of the MPUs . Any ideas where to start ?
thanks Scott

#3 8 years ago

Flipper go from working 100% to zero but it takes a couple of seconds . When you turn the machine off and back on again
they are back at 100%.

#6 8 years ago

OK I checked the flipper coils and they are not hot They are barely a little warm . I checked to see if the white button solves the problem like turning off the machine does . It did not fix the problem . I played the machine and did see what happened . The red light on the driver board went out . It is the one left of center on the board ...again it is a Rotten Dog board . When I turn the machine off and back on again the light is back on and the problem is gone . Is my new board bad ?
Bare with me on this .It is my first DMD machine . I have been working on SS and EM games before this one .

#8 8 years ago

Yes the board was new three weeks ago . I sent an email to Jim at Rottendog about it .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
London, ENGLAND
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider g43crazy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-power-fades?tu=g43crazy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.