Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside_forum_7565610_3379401 (resized).png
#1 12 months ago

I currently have a Godzilla Premium and have played Jurassic Park (Pro) on location.

Im running out of space and am thinking about jettisoning my Godzilla for a Jurassic Park Premium. I think the JP theme is better but acknowledge how popular and a good play Godzilla is. Would I regret getting rid of Godzilla in lieu of Jurassic Park?

If you could only have one which would you go with?

#2 12 months ago

IMHO:
Theme: Jurassic Park (downside is limited assets)
Play: Godzilla (great theme integration and tons of assets)
Nod to GZ

#3 12 months ago

Two of the best…if your tired of one, get the other….no regrets

#4 12 months ago

I've played JP on location several times... I just suck at it. Every. Single. Time.. LOL. My son loves it. Kicks my A$$ every time. Everyone in the family finds Godzilla to be a blast.
So, my vote is Godzilla because I suck at JP.

#5 12 months ago
Quoted from madtown:

Two of the best…if your tired of one, get the other….no regrets

Pick it and rip it; You'll get a 50/50 split on which people would rather have. If you've had your Godzilla fun move on. You can always buy it agian if you need to.

#6 12 months ago

Jp with movie code for the win.

#7 12 months ago

I’d go with JP with movie code as well. GZ is more approachable for newbies tho.

#8 12 months ago

Godzilla just got everything right. Wouldn't change a thing.

#9 12 months ago

Have both….. Godzilla is super fun and can have like 25+ minute games….. JP is just brutal. There are times I want to punch through the glass. Feel like I’m hitting all the shots and then Boom……. Nedry outlane. JP has great mechs and fun ruleset but goddamn is it frustrating.
I consider myself an average player. Lol

#10 12 months ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Have both….. Godzilla is super fun and can have like 25+ minute games….. JP is just brutal. There are times I want to punch through the glass. Feel like I’m hitting all the shots and then Boom……. Nedry outlane. JP has great mechs and fun ruleset but goddamn is it frustrating.
I consider myself an average player. Lol

Good to know how brutal it can be. I’ve only played the Pro a handful of times so really didn’t get into a rhythm but figured that’s because I didn’t know what I was doing.

Ideally I can free up cash and space to keep Godzilla and just add JP. I’ve never played the Premium but would definitely get that version. I really dig the theme even though the assets are sparse so would definitely look to get the movie code as well.

#11 12 months ago

I have both. JP is more a challenge but GZ feels like less of a grind, more breadth of code. So I'd give the nod to GZ but JP is also a great game.

#12 12 months ago

Ball eating T-Rex!! Nuff said

#13 12 months ago

I have GZ, granted I've only beaten 2 monsters in one game so far but what else is there to do in the game?

A buncha different multiballs, but ultimately, keep beating monsters?

I've loved GZ since I was a kid but if that's all there is to do, I don't need a $10k decoration.

I'd like to get some more time in on a JP.

#14 12 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I have GZ, granted I've only beaten 2 monsters in one game so far but what else is there to do in the game?

You're kidding.

#15 11 months ago

I like your "free up cash and space" idea.

You'll have both, side by side. If you find either no longer does it for you, pretty easy resale I'd think.

#16 11 months ago

I've owned both JP has more satisfying shots if you can find that groove & a much deeper ruleset. But GZ feels like there's more to do more shots. Both incredible games I'd say GZ has a slight edge.

#17 11 months ago

this question sucks... it's like asking you which kid you like better (when both are really good). I have a JP Pro and a GZ Prem and I consider them pretty close to equal. I know the T-Rex ball eating mech is cool and the wall in front of the Raptor pen is neat, but I went pro and have zero regrets on it. GZ was a must get prem though LOL. Hitting that far left ramp with the upper flipper is so satisfying in JP and that game I find overall a bit harder with the shots over GZ. If someone at one of my tourneys/league had a pocket of cash and wanted to buy one or the other, I'd sell them my AIQ

#18 11 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

this question sucks... it's like asking you which kid you like better (when both are really good). I have a JP Pro and a GZ Prem and I consider them pretty close to equal. I know the T-Rex ball eating mech is cool and the wall in front of the Raptor pen is neat, but I went pro and have zero regrets on it. GZ was a must get prem though LOL. Hitting that far left ramp with the upper flipper is so satisfying in JP and that game I find overall a bit harder with the shots over GZ. If someone at one of my tourneys/league had a pocket of cash and wanted to buy one or the other, I'd sell them my AIQ

Do you think your JP has tougher shots or gameplay than your TMNT Pro? I have that as well so wouldn’t mind hearing the comparison.

#19 11 months ago

Owned a GZ Prem since November and just got my JP Premium in the latest batch (but played on location).

If it helps my family prefers JP over Godzilla since it is slower pace and give them time to react. They won't ever get deep into the code so the brutal shots really don't bother them, and the TREX MULTIBALL is well above the Godzilla Tower Destruction.

Godzilla most likely will be sold within the next year or so, but not there yet. Mainly I HATE HATE the scoop, even after 400 plays I struggle to make it consistently and my family only gets it on pure luck so they barely start any monsters. JP modes on the other hand are easy to start, and I've gotten a lot further in that game then in GZ (yes I know its skill issues)

Theme wise I am a huge JP fan and already installed mods, plunger and blades.

#20 11 months ago

You can’t go wrong with either one. They’re both great. Slight nod to Godzilla for having more assets.

#21 11 months ago

I think many of the ppl that rate jp low have not gotten enough into the game. The way it plays and designed around the shots and the resulting combos that can be made with the overall goal of capturing dinosaurs and the variety of how the dinosaurs get moving around the pf is really interesting to me. I am not sure if there is another game with this kind of variation thru the progression objectives. The modes play into the tension of the game and ive only won over both the king of the island and won the control center in the same game once.
I am still excited and curious to see the rest of it.

Just like visiting jurassic park.

#22 11 months ago

I own JP and GZ. I had JP first and still like it better.

They're both good, but I find JP is more methodical and I feel the progression as I play it.

GZ feels more frenzied. I'll admit that I don't know the rules as well, but high scores still seem to happen. With JP, you need to know the rules to know where the points are. I like that better.

#23 11 months ago

Owned both. Still own Godzilla. Don’t miss my JP premium. It was a tough game for me.

#24 11 months ago

I own both. Never thought I'd say it but I like JP more. They compliment each other well though. I think trying to keep both is the proper approach if you can swing it. I love my line up of GZ, JP and DP. They all bring different things to the table. Having said that my DP gets played by non pinheads the most followed by GZ if that's a factor for you.

#25 11 months ago

Omg. Godzilla by 1000 dinosaurs .

But that’s just imho.

#26 11 months ago

I have both as they were my first two pins NIB. They sit next to each other and I play Godzilla way more! JP is brutal and yes I have almost broke the glass a few times...but for some reason I love it. Both are bolted to my floor and now trying to figure out if I buy Avengers, Venom or Mando next. You cant go wrong with either honestly.

#27 11 months ago

GZ if you want/need easy shots to feel like a good pinball player.

JP if you can make shots and ARE a good pinball player.

Yep, I said it.

#28 11 months ago
Quoted from Haus7878:

I have both as they were my first two pins NIB. They sit next to each other and I play Godzilla way more! JP is brutal and yes I have almost broke the glass a few times...but for some reason I love it. Both are bolted to my floor and now trying to figure out if I buy Avengers, Venom or Mando next. You cant go wrong with either honestly.

The risk of starting out like you did (which is also what I did by the way) is that it's all down hill from there...

#29 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

A buncha different multiballs, but ultimately, keep beating monsters?
I've loved GZ since I was a kid but if that's all there is to do, I don't need a $10k decoration.
I'd like to get some more time in on a JP.

Check out the rules map below that someone here made. There's a number of mini wizard modes and final wizard modes to go after.

Pinside_forum_7565610_3379401 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7565610_3379401 (resized).png

#30 11 months ago
Quoted from NPO:

GZ if you want/need easy shots to feel like a good pinball player.
JP if you can make shots and ARE a good pinball player.
Yep, I said it.

And make those shots and build them into combos and hit the green arrows to capture the dino without breaking the combos.

Do that and yup your quote is truth.

#31 11 months ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Do you think your JP has tougher shots or gameplay than your TMNT Pro? I have that as well so wouldn’t mind hearing the comparison.

No, JP is not as tough as TMNT with the shots. JP are hard shots but not TMNT tough. Gameplay is harder as far as advancing in the rules. I can get further along in TMNT than I can in JP. People at league and tourneys all complain about the TMNT difficulty but I never hear them bitch about JP

#32 11 months ago

I prefer JP over GZ, the shots feel more varied to me and the flow when making them consistently is like no other game I've ever played.
Theme is a tie for me and i'll give the software assets edge to GZ (although the movie code on JP really evens this comparison out)
Art would be GZ overall because of the playfield, but the cabinet and translite on JP are really well done too (not a big deal to me as you dont play art)
The thing that really sours me on GZ is the scoop shot, as it's integral to progressing and it feels like an absolute chore to make, especially on route where games are usually not set up level. The Main building shot can also be a clunker and a drain monster if the game isn't set up well too, but JP can also be a clunker on route as well (the S shot and Tower shots both had the wrong screws installed in many games and the screw heads protrude causing a lot of rejects or clunks) if you address these in your home game you will be amazed at how much easier these shots flow and JP quickly becomes one of the best games ever, you feel like some kind of savant making 2,3,4,5 shots in succession.
I would still consider a GZ some day, but i'm not getting tired of JP any time soon.

#33 11 months ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

No, JP is not as tough as TMNT with the shots. JP are hard shots but not TMNT tough. Gameplay is harder as far as advancing in the rules. I can get further along in TMNT than I can in JP. People at league and tourneys all complain about the TMNT difficulty but I never hear them bitch about JP

I almost didn't buy a JP because it was supposedly 'too hard'. I'm glad I took a chance on it.

My feeling when playing JP is hard to describe. Sure the shots aren't easy but they are all very rewarding. And it gives me this 'I'll just try that shot again' zen vibe rather than making me angry when I miss. My machine isn't really a drain monster so I'll have many games where I'm keeping the ball alive but not progressing because I'm missing everything or hitting the WRONG shots. So the game doesn't feel like it's cheap and cheating you with instant drains.

#34 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You're kidding.

Unfortunately not. I havent gotten to any wizard thing or anything. Granted I dont play it much, it's summertime, but i unboxed it in October.

#35 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Check out the rules map below that someone here made. There's a number of mini wizard modes and final wizard modes to go after.
[quoted image]

Jesus Christ - I've made it to like Godzilla Powerup #3........

probably why I've been playing my 70s and 90s games more.

#36 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Unfortunately not. I havent gotten to any wizard thing or anything. Granted I dont play it much, it's summertime, but i unboxed it in October.

Me neither (wizard mode). I've beaten Ebirah twice I think.

I love the machine though! I've kept outlanes at factory, which can hurt sometimes, but it's making me a better player.

I actually enjoy the scoop being harder to hit. Same with the left spinner and Maser Cannon. Keeps the game challenging.

1 week later
#37 11 months ago

I have Zilla and JP Pre next to each other.
Godzilla is so fun, theme assets are fantastic and it's a truly great game.
That being said JP, while it can be absolutely infuriating, I've had for 2 years (a few months for Zilla) and I think if I had to choose I'd keep JP.
I feel insane saying that because zilla is so good but there's something really special about JP's shots, progression, how rewarding it feels.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mount Laurel Township, NJ
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
The Electric Playground

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.