(Topic ID: 331846)

Godzilla “Noodle Bar” Building mod (Tokyo Neon #2)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 874 posts
  • 386 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 74 days ago by CapeCodPin
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
pasted_imagecid:6126CC8A-E343-44FE-894B-11240ADE14A3 (resized).png
Oh God No gif (resized).png
toyko 3.gif
IMG_0335 (resized).png
MOD2 (resized).jpg
MOD3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_014623756 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_014640673 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #623 Tokyo Neon #3 Subway Building - List signup details Posted by stumblor (7 months ago)

Post #667 Firmware 1.0.0 to fix triggering issues Posted by stumblor (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 1 year ago

Damn!! Davey you are the man. Add me to the list please (Have a Premium) !!!!

1 month later
#348 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A question. Probably not a good idea to get this mod AND the tesla tower mod? Seems like the back one either takes up the same space or will cover it up.

I think it'll be fine with both in place, here's my machine from player view...I'm 5'8"
Screenshot 2023-04-03 120208 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 120208 (resized).png

4 months later
#528 8 months ago

Davey, once again so impressed with your creation. Can't wait for the other 2 buildings to get the full neon Tokyo vibe. Amazingly well done! I changed up the default sign back lights to match the factory blue yellow and red and toned down the overall brightness to about 140 to match the aesthetic because my room stays pretty dark when playing. As other have said camera pics don't do it justice

20230826_130358 (resized).jpg20230826_130358 (resized).jpg20230826_131129 (resized).jpg20230826_131129 (resized).jpg

#544 8 months ago

Can I just say the magnet attachment point was genius! There I said it

#597 7 months ago

Pile On Subway list please

1 week later
#676 7 months ago

Edit:

All is now fine after manually installing the file I think the firmware process got interrupted and it threw it into a chaos state where none of the sensors were reading properly. Compared to the neon Tokyo and the Lolly UFO mods I've noticed the Wi-Fi signal on the noodle building is very low and that may have been the culprit connecting in and out so I would highly advise everybody who's having connection issues to do a manual install of that file as it was really tricky to get it back to a proper state in order to install the manual file multiple power resets etc

* end of edit

I just got that error checking the firmware server as well.. and then it went into a search only once found the file and seem to update it but it didn't reconnect so I think something might have failed during the firmware upgrade and now my mod is behaving very erratically I'm going to download the file version and try to reinstall and then if it acts up I'll send you a PM

#677 7 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

A couple of people have reported receiving an error when trying to contact the firmware server:
[quoted image]
It worked okay for me when I tested it, but will take another look now.
In the meantime, you can also update by downloading the following file:
https://github.com/Stumblor/firmware-updates/blob/main/NoodleBar/NoodleBar-firmware-20230904-v1.0.0.bin
and clicking Install from File from that page.

Thanks for this I was just sending you a PM but not necessary now...and you can see my post above of the initial problem I was having and then also the follow-up issue where it interrupted the firmware update but it's all good now thanks for the quick update.

#681 7 months ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Davey, I’m Having trouble updating. Won’t connect to Wi-Fi so I’m trying to upload file.
However I have no option to upload and my settings look different than your picture.[quoted image]

I was getting the same thing, try this. Forget the network connection on your phone, reboot the machine, make sure to go into setup menu first on machine. Reconnect and reinput the network and password but hold the phone very close to the mod... the antenna is very hidden on this one for me. I had to try numerous times and resets but it finally worked. Once your in, it should retain that network, then just upgrade with the bin file you downloaded

1 month later
#739 5 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Got mine yesterday, installed today. Selfishly I hope you reduce quantities and # of mods so I can get the other 2 buildings sooner...
Build quality is fantastic. Install was straight forward.
My only nitpick is the rubble at the bottom didn't have the drybrush treatment. Looks like that may have just been an oopsie on mine as it looks like others have it. no worries.
One thing I noticed is that the detail of neon sign is hard to really see because it's all clear. While I had it back out to fix the rubble and add a little more paint all over, I used a syringe to put some thin black paint in the crevices. This felt very iffy, but that's my vibe. The paint does penetrate the material a little bit, and I wound up using a brush to put even thinner paint all over the neon, and then wiped off the top and eventually sanded it a bit to try and get as much paint as I could off the face. It worked pretty well.. that said I don't think anyone should try it, unless you're ok with the risk of messing up a perfectly great mod.
also, RIP tesla towers. nice mod but obstructs the noodle shop too much. will find them a new home. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#742 5 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

you're right. you got me. there was no light bleed. [quoted image]

Just yanking your chain. I'm glad there are artists out there than notice things like that. Makes it better for everyone. But I would guess 99% most wouldn't notice those areas. Even pointed out, you could say the sign got damaged by Godzilla a little...makes sense if the building it's attached to is rubble

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

9,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-noodle-bar-building-mod-tokyo-neon-2?tu=fooflighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.