(Topic ID: 331846)

Godzilla “Noodle Bar” Building mod (Tokyo Neon #2)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 874 posts
  • 386 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by CapeCodPin
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
pasted_imagecid:6126CC8A-E343-44FE-894B-11240ADE14A3 (resized).png
Oh God No gif (resized).png
toyko 3.gif
IMG_0335 (resized).png
MOD2 (resized).jpg
MOD3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_014623756 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_014640673 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
#301 1 year ago

I guess I’m being sucked into getting more of your mods.
Please put me down for a premium version, thanks!

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from Saber:

stumblor please add me to the list - LE version
You can ship both mine and visualmagic at the same time.

Sure can do - best thing to do is for visualmagic to add both on checkout when his number on the list comes up.

#303 1 year ago

Add me to the list please

#304 1 year ago

Shit. Can’t pass it up. Too pretty to say no on this one. My Neon sign looks stunning. I’ll just get a second job!

Premium, please and thank you.

#305 1 year ago

Hi- Please add me to your list for the Noodle Bar mod on the Premium. Thanks!

#306 1 year ago

Please add me for a premium

#307 1 year ago

In for a Premium please

Added 12 months ago:

Pass my spot to next please

#308 1 year ago

In for the LE please
thanks

#309 1 year ago

In for the LE please add me to the list ! Thank you !!

#310 1 year ago

IN FOR THE LE PLEASE

#311 1 year ago

Please add me to the list.... I’m in for a Prem!
Thank you!

#312 1 year ago

Stop making me spend $$. In for the LE, please and thank you!

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

Stop making me spend $$. In for the LE, please and thank you!

That's what I said, too! Have you seen his Tokyo Neon yet? It's f'n fantastic in person ... absolutely gorgeous colors and design

#314 1 year ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

That's what I said, too! Have you seen his Tokyo Neon yet? It's f'n fantastic in person ... absolutely gorgeous colors and design

Oh yes. Early adopter here. It's gorgeous!

#315 1 year ago

I'd like to be added to the list for premium.

#316 1 year ago

+1 for Premium for me please

#317 1 year ago

Count me in for a premium please!

#318 1 year ago

Add me for a premium please [email protected]

#319 1 year ago

Damn, I think I’m in on this too. Looks awesome! Great work again. Please add me to the list - Premium

#320 12 months ago

Doggone it! I LOVE it. Is the install easy or hard? Please add me to the premium list while we talk about it.

#321 12 months ago

Please add me to the list for my GZ premium. Your stuff is amazing and I will buy every piece!

Thanks,
JB

#322 11 months ago

Holy crap! You guys don’t understand how good this building looks. stumblor made it to TPF and brought all the Godzilla mods including this new building. Dare I say it looks even better than the Tokyo Neon Sign. It really looks that good! The pictures do not even come close to doing it justice. It looks soooooo professional.

If you’re at TPF this weekend, you can see them in person at one of the booths that is to the right of the big Cointaker set up. It’s right by a banner in the booth that says Twipy Awards.

stumblor looks like it’s time to finally add me to the list now that it will take a year for my number to come up. Maybe it will finally be my turn by the time you come back to TPF next year. LOL

7D83BBAB-44B6-404D-B754-71E21CE00D28 (resized).jpeg7D83BBAB-44B6-404D-B754-71E21CE00D28 (resized).jpeg

#323 11 months ago

OT TPF post incoming!

Quoted from greenmonk:

Holy crap! You guys don’t understand how good this building looks. stumblor made it to TPF and brought all the Godzilla mods including this new building. Dare I say it looks even better than the Tokyo Neon Sign. It really looks that good! The pictures do not even come close to doing it justice. It looks soooooo professional.
If you’re at TPF this weekend, you can see them in person at one of the booths that is to the right of the big Cointaker set up. It’s right by a banner in the booth that says Twipy Awards.
stumblor looks like it’s time to finally add me to the list now that it will take a year for my number to come up. Maybe it will finally be my turn by the time you come back to TPF next year. LOL
[quoted image]

Thanks Jennifer greenmonk for the kind words, but more importantly taking me to the best BBQ joint in Texas! (well, one of the top 10, as it goes). Smoked brisket, pork ribs, and TEXAS TWINKIES which are jalapenos filled with shredded brisket, and a little cream cheese wrapped in bacon.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

^^ YES CHEF

My humble little display is getting a lot of attention, with MASSIVE thanks going to yemons for fielding all the questions generously and happily while I was off galivanting around the show playing games and generally making a nuisance of myself. I've been invited to Chicago Expo to do a seminar. Me! I will probably talk about brisket let's be honest.

Met John 1956PINHEAD from Precision Flips, who is as nice, generous, and clever a guy as you're ever going to meet. Really happy to make this connection and friendship. If you haven't played on a set of his flippers yet, you soon will. He'll be everywhere.

Let's talk games! Managed to play pretty much everything I wanted to yesterday, all the new ones, and some of the older ones that had escaped me until now.

Scooby. An absolute stunner of a game, but didn't blow me away on the gameplay side of things. A little slow, a little easy. But do you know what? It's perfectly aimed at a younger beginner market, and I can see Ivy (my 8yo daughter) and her friends loving it. Not all games have to appeal to us diehards. Spooky sold out all their show games thurs evening, AND the life size mystery machine they brought with them. Apparently someone offered Bug an offer he couldn't refuse in the elevator (mind out of the gutter please)!!

Massive crowd around scooby all day:

Galactic Tank Force. Okay, again, really beautiful looking machine (not the one with the treads . The art nails the feel of 50s sci fi schtick. I met ZMeny in the line (hey mate!) so we did some multiplayer action. Two balls in I was getting slammed and I was like, what the hell is this game. Flippers too wide, shots are all super late on the flippers, can't hit anything. Third ball we all blew it up, saw an alien pop out of the spaceship and were giggling like schoolgirls. The videos that everyone is burning down the barn about pop up a bit but not in an annoying way. Super fun. I like it.

^^ dangling cow whats not to love.

Foo Fighters. Absolute banger, as you'd expect. Very Elwin inspired (newsflash!) but even moreso - the ball paths and geometry are incredibly intricate and fun to shoot. Hard shots follow one path, slightly less hard shots another. John's game of the show. Mine was...

Pulp Fiction. I mean, I had high expectations anyway, but honestly, it just blew me away. The machine in the flesh is just stunning to behold. The art direction, which admittedly based on the initial leaks I dismissed, you can see is 100% calculated and intentional. The sound work is spot on. Amazing how the choice of spinner fx can completely transform your enjoyment of hitting a spinner. The best bit about the game, for me, is that you feel like you're in a constant battle with the game, and that you're never safe. This leads to a really intense, adrenaline fuelled game. It was obvious it was affecting a lot of people in the same way. Absolute banger.

Godfather. Was really fun, and definitely the best JJP game I've played to date. The flippers still felt a tad underpowered to me, but Neil thought otherwise. Stunning looking game, but in my opinion, the lightshow should have been more reserved to gel with the theme more.

Haggis is here! Fathomis gorgeous, and shoots brilliantly, and geometry, flipper feel is exactly how I remember the original to shoot. Personally, I think the sound isn't quite right, the FX (especially the pop bumper hits) feel a little too modern and out of place. Also, even though I love my countrymen, hearing an Aussie telling you to shoot for stuff just feels weird. Like playing a croc hunter pin Minor gripes though honestly this is an absolute belter.

Final resistance. P3 was getting a lot of plays all round, and this one the pick of the group. People were guessing it was 'related to TNA' without knowing Scott was behind it, which goes to show how much his stamp is on it. Super fun, but I didn't get to where the ship shoots fricken balls at you in quick succession and I just gotta see that cos it's looks awesome. Hopefully today!

Whew! That's it for now!

#324 11 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

OT TPF post incoming!

Thanks Jennifer greenmonk for the kind words, but more importantly taking me to the best BBQ joint in Texas! (well, one of the top 10, as it goes). Smoked brisket, pork ribs, and TEXAS TWINKIES which are jalapenos filled with shredded brisket, and a little cream cheese wrapped in bacon.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
^^ YES CHEF
My humble little display is getting a lot of attention, with MASSIVE thanks going to yemons for fielding all the questions generously and happily while I was off galivanting around the show playing games and generally making a nuisance of myself. I've been invited to Chicago Expo to do a seminar. Me! I will probably talk about brisket let's be honest.
Met John 1956PINHEAD from Precision Flips, who is as nice, generous, and clever a guy as you're ever going to meet. Really happy to make this connection and friendship. If you haven't played on a set of his flippers yet, you soon will. He'll be everywhere.
[quoted image]
Let's talk games! Managed to play pretty much everything I wanted to yesterday, all the new ones, and some of the older ones that had escaped me until now.
Scooby. An absolute stunner of a game, but didn't blow me away on the gameplay side of things. A little slow, a little easy. But do you know what? It's perfectly aimed at a younger beginner market, and I can see Ivy (my 8yo daughter) and her friends loving it. Not all games have to appeal to us diehards. Spooky sold out all their show games thurs evening, AND the life size mystery machine they brought with them. Apparently someone offered Bug an offer he couldn't refuse in the elevator (mind out of the gutter please)!!
[quoted image]
Galactic Tank Force. Okay, again, really beautiful looking machine (not the one with the treads . The art nails the feel of 50s sci fi schtick. I met ZMeny in the line (hey mate!) so we did some multiplayer action. Two balls in I was getting slammed and I was like, what the hell is this game. Flippers too wide, shots are all super late on the flippers, can't hit anything. Third ball we all blew it up, saw an alien pop out of the spaceship and were giggling like schoolgirls. The videos that everyone is burning down the barn about pop up a bit but not in an annoying way. Super fun. I like it.

Foo Fighters. Absolute banger, as you'd expect. Very Elwin inspired (newsflash!) but even moreso - the ball paths and geometry are incredibly intricate and fun to shoot. Hard shots follow one path, slightly less hard shots another. John's game of the show. Mine was...
Pulp Fiction. I mean, I had high expectations anyway, but honestly, it just blew me away. The machine in the flesh is just stunning to behold. The art direction, which admittedly based on the initial leaks I dismissed, you can see is 100% calculated and intentional. The sound work is spot on. Amazing how the choice of spinner fx can completely transform your enjoyment of hitting a spinner. The best bit about the game, for me, is that you feel like you're in a constant battle with the game, and that you're never safe. This leads to a really intense, adrenaline fuelled game. It was obvious it was affecting a lot of people in the same way. Absolute banger.
Godfather. Was really fun, and definitely the best JJP game I've played to date. The flippers still felt a tad underpowered to me, but Neil thought otherwise. Stunning looking game, but in my opinion, the lightshow should have been more reserved to gel with the theme more.
Haggis is here! Fathomis gorgeous, and shoots brilliantly, and geometry, flipper feel is exactly how I remember the original to shoot. Personally, I think the sound isn't quite right, the FX (especially the pop bumper hits) feel a little too modern and out of place. Also, even though I love my countrymen, hearing an Aussie telling you to shoot for stuff just feels weird. Like playing a croc hunter pin Minor gripes though honestly this is an absolute belter.
Final resistance. P3 was getting a lot of plays all round, and this one the pick of the group. People were guessing it was 'related to TNA' without knowing Scott was behind it, which goes to show how much his stamp is on it. Super fun, but I didn't get to where the ship shoots fricken balls at you in quick succession and I just gotta see that cos it's looks awesome. Hopefully today!
Whew! That's it for now!

Hell yeah, dude. Thanks for the write up. It looks like you're really having a great time! Enjoy it, man!

Also, my buddy told me the same thing about PF. He said he can't stop thinking and talking about it and keeps going back to play it. Lots of buzz around that, so we're looking forward to your mods for that one too

Have a blast!!!

#325 11 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

OT TPF post incoming!

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
^^ YES CHEF
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Whew! That's it for now!

Great write-up, thanks for taking the time.

#326 11 months ago

Davey you Need to change that avatar to BBQ Stumblor.

#327 11 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

OT TPF post incoming!

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
^^ YES CHEF
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Whew! That's it for now!

We love Scooby and we like that it’s simpler, at the moment anyway. Many of us our not tournament players and never get to deep into the code unfortunately. So glad you made it to the show and won mod of the year. Congrats! You deserved it! Wish I could have made it to the show. Safe flight back! Cheers!

#328 11 months ago

Again, great work. I see you have the kanji for battle near battle, the kanji for bridge near bridge. But the kanji for... "family" near bash the building?

#329 11 months ago

Please add me for noodle bar.

#330 11 months ago

Please add me to the list for a Premium model. Thank you!

#331 11 months ago

Please add me for premium please.

#332 11 months ago

Nice meeting you this weekend. Please add me to the noodle bar.

#333 11 months ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Also, my buddy told me the same thing about PF. He said he can't stop thinking and talking about it and keeps going back to play it. Lots of buzz around that, so we're looking forward to your mods for that one too

The trick with this one will be to ensure we are sensitive to the aesthetic, and maintaining the "look" which is so distinctive. Got some good ideas though, so it's defo happening!

Quoted from freddy:

Davey you Need to change that avatar to BBQ Stumblor.

Mate I need to change it to something... I look about 5 years old! Was thinking of trying to recreate it in another pub (the one in the photo doesn't exist anymore) except with a more age accurate me obviously.

Quoted from Doctor6:

Again, great work. I see you have the kanji for battle near battle, the kanji for bridge near bridge. But the kanji for... "family" near bash the building?

Oh damn! Good pickup! So what probably happened is that I asked Google to translate building, but got two characters. So tried 'house' and got two, so tried 'home' and got 1 and went great! Now let me guess.... Home and family are the same symbol in Kanji??

These are just prototypes so if you could suggest something that works better that would be awesome!

#334 11 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

The trick with this one will be to ensure we are sensitive to the aesthetic, and maintaining the "look" which is so distinctive. Got some good ideas though, so it's defo happening!

Mate I need to change it to something... I look about 5 years old! Was thinking of trying to recreate it in another pub (the one in the photo doesn't exist anymore) except with a more age accurate me obviously.

Oh damn! Good pickup! So what probably happened is that I asked Google to translate building, but got two characters. So tried 'house' and got two, so tried 'home' and got 1 and went great! Now let me guess.... Home and family are the same symbol in Kanji??
These are just prototypes so if you could suggest something that works better that would be awesome!

I'd be happy to.

Firstly, you're right. 家 can mean house, but it means house in the way that "house lanister" means house from game of thrones. The Kanji is usually synonymous with family like 家族/kazoku or 家庭/katei (next time you step foot in a panda express you'll see this one in the wall and it says "family" next to it)

If you want building, and you want only one kanji to get it done, I'd go with 建 (tate). It is often used as 建物 which is grossly translates as "building thing," but means just "building." 建 is the Kanji for construction, be it building/construction/etc. But it is your best bet for this type of meaning.

So again: 建

I certainly hate to sound like a know-it-all, as your mods are fucking amazing. But I'm also the guy that pointed out to a Japanese restaurant (run by white people) that their open sign was backwards. Lol.

20220816_161427 (resized).jpg20220816_161427 (resized).jpg

#335 11 months ago

One premium in

#336 11 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Here’s our current build plan… as best as I can predict!
Jan/Feb - Lolly UFO build round 1 (#0-#320)
Mar - Tokyo Neon March run (#868-#1223)
Apr - Noodle Bar *or* Phantom Lanterns (or both!)
So, earliest would be April ‘23, or possibly a month or so after that.

Man we haven't gotten a production update in a month!!

Can someone start a thread "What's on the line at Davey's house/Production Schedule" where we mostly banter and have idle speculation but also very rarely get 3rd hand info about what Davey is currently working on??

#337 11 months ago

G'day Dave.

Why did you move to the UK mate?

#338 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'd be happy to.
Firstly, you're right. 家 can mean house, but it means house in the way that "house lanister" means house from game of thrones. The Kanji is usually synonymous with family like 家族/kazoku or 家庭/katei (next time you step foot in a panda express you'll see this one in the wall and it says "family" next to it)
If you want building, and you want only one kanji to get it done, I'd go with 建 (tate). It is often used as 建物 which is grossly translates as "building thing," but means just "building." 建 is the Kanji for construction, be it building/construction/etc. But it is your best bet for this type of meaning.
So again: 建
I certainly hate to sound like a know-it-all, as your mods are fucking amazing. But I'm also the guy that pointed out to a Japanese restaurant (run by white people) that their open sign was backwards. Lol.
[quoted image]

Dude. You are my kanji go-to-guy from now on! It's times like this I wish Pinside had a better repo for emojis as I would be slinging some good ones now. Really appreciate the help and please never hold back from knowledgable input like this, its both great to learn and will benefit the end result. Will make the changes and pull in 建 tate, thanks again.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

Man we haven't gotten a production update in a month!!
Can someone start a thread "What's on the line at Davey's house/Production Schedule" where we mostly banter and have idle speculation but also very rarely get 3rd hand info about what Davey is currently working on??

omg what a month it's been too! I have some fun noodle building production photos in the back pocket will post soon!

Quoted from Riffbear:

G'day Dave.
Why did you move to the UK mate?

Because the weather is soo nice! See, where's a spew emoji when you need one.

#339 11 months ago

Please add me to the list for a premium.

#340 11 months ago

Your mods are epic. Please add me to the list for a premium.

#341 11 months ago

Add me to list for Prem.. QQ If i am on list already at the Stumblor website, does that list feed into this one? I ask as i am on both this and neon sign lists on Stumblor site.

didnt want to double up.

#342 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Add me to list for Prem.. QQ If i am on list already at the Stumblor website, does that list feed into this one? I ask as i am on both this and neon sign lists on Stumblor site.
didnt want to double up.

Yep it all feeds in! Not easy for me to de-dupe Pinside names to email addresses, but no issue on my end really just don't hate me if I ask you to buy it twice

(you're not obligated to obv!)

#344 11 months ago

I thought I was already on the list but please add me since I don't see my name.

#345 11 months ago

Yeah I just looked it up it was in post #154

#346 11 months ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Yeah I just looked it up it was in post #154

Whoops! Sorry about that Jamie, but thanks for checking. Put you back in the right place now and will update the list on the main page to show.

#347 11 months ago

A question. Probably not a good idea to get this mod AND the tesla tower mod? Seems like the back one either takes up the same space or will cover it up.

#348 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

A question. Probably not a good idea to get this mod AND the tesla tower mod? Seems like the back one either takes up the same space or will cover it up.

I think it'll be fine with both in place, here's my machine from player view...I'm 5'8"
Screenshot 2023-04-03 120208 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-03 120208 (resized).png

#349 11 months ago

I already asked about the mod interfering with the Tesla Towers and the answer was, it will not.

#350 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah I don't see it being a major issue tbh. In fact, we've moved the actual sign part further right so if anything, it'll be blocked by the towers less than the existing building.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Denver, CO
$ 35.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-noodle-bar-building-mod-tokyo-neon-2/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.