(Topic ID: 331846)

Godzilla “Noodle Bar” Building mod (Tokyo Neon #2)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 874 posts
  • 386 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by CapeCodPin
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
pasted_imagecid:6126CC8A-E343-44FE-894B-11240ADE14A3 (resized).png
Oh God No gif (resized).png
toyko 3.gif
IMG_0335 (resized).png
MOD2 (resized).jpg
MOD3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_014623756 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_014640673 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#801 4 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

stumblor
Sent you an email about your Afterglow stuff - is this meant to replace the populer GI OCD and LED OCD boards?

Yes they operate in the same way. Afterglow (AG) boards fade the LED inserts nicely so they aren't so stop/start and act more like incandescents, and Afterglow GI (AGGI) allows LEDs in the GI to use WPC fading effects, rather than the awful flickering that occurs normally.

I just fabricate the boards, the creator is a friend of mine Christoph. We do builds from time to time, when the lists get long enough!

#802 4 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The splitter is super smart. One weird thing is that when it's all done, I will have 4 webservers under my playfield. (not counting pop bumper, heat ray, atomic gz, whatever, not sure if those work the same) Have to configure all of them independently.
Have you thought about developing an infrastructure that you can connect to 1 mod can control all 4(or 7!) mods? And have "apply to all" settings, and maybe some presets where all the mods can work cohesively together?
I'll be honest I haven't touched the settings on my scoop sign since i put it in since it's kind of cumbersome. I can't imagine going through it for 4 mods just to update colors or whatever.

We have a central server you can use to organise everything (stumbl.org). On that page, you can register all your mods, and get access to them without having to connect to the individual wifi. There isn't currently any global 'control all' functionality to modify the colours to everything at once. It's a good idea, however I can see it being risky if someone accidentally purples their entire game after tweaking it to just how they like it :-/

fyi 'purples' is a verb now.

#803 4 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

stumblor when I checked your list on your website for the Subway mod I don’t see my name. But I remember on the thread you added me as one of the first sign ups. Can you please verify for me if I’m on the list for Neon #3? Thanks!

I believe I am #3

#804 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

We have a central server you can use to organise everything (stumbl.org). On that page, you can register all your mods, and get access to them without having to connect to the individual wifi. There isn't currently any global 'control all' functionality to modify the colours to everything at once. It's a good idea, however I can see it being risky if someone accidentally purples their entire game after tweaking it to just how they like it :-/
fyi 'purples' is a verb now.

ah, should have known you'd have it figured out already. will try it out later.

When does the list for neon #4 open up??

#805 4 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

ah, should have known you'd have it figured out already. will try it out later.
When does the list for neon #4 open up??

Yep that one was Jedi_Gill 's idea!

We'll start working on neon #4 (the final neon) in the next few weeks I think

#806 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

A fourth neon??? I am gonna need a bigger splitter.

Serious question though. What do you do when you run out of space on the splitter? Currently have Tokyo 1 and 2. The UFO has shipped and I am on the list for atomic Godzilla and Tokyo 3. (Also have physical knocker and shaker motor installed.)

#807 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Very brave mention this Davey…people are going to start asking to be put on the list. Please add me to said list

#808 4 months ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

A fourth neon??? I am gonna need a bigger splitter.
Serious question though. What do you do when you run out of space on the splitter? Currently have Tokyo 1 and 2. The UFO has shipped and I am on the list for atomic Godzilla and Tokyo 3. (Also have physical knocker and shaker motor installed.)

Both splitters can just be split further - with another splitter! The Inception of splitting.

The Splitter+ has 5A max, which is more than enough for everything, so if you run out of slots, you can just use the cheaper original splitter to add more ports.

#809 4 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Very brave mention this Davey…people are going to start asking to be put on the list. Please add me to said list

oh man genius. I forgot every time people start saying put me on the list, Davey is too nice to say no and just starts a list...

Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Add me to premium list for future Subway

Quoted from stumblor:

^^^ Thanks so much for the vote of confidence everyone! Have taken everyones names down but might be worth waiting until the proper list so I don't get confused who wants to be on what
Hoping to have something to show very soon.

So put me on the list for neon #4 also!

#811 4 months ago

Add me to Godziila #4 list please!

(edit - https://stumblorpinball.com/products/tn4 #6 on the list!)

#812 4 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Add me to Godziila #4 list please!

I was just about to put you on and then it popped up on my system anyway... you beat me to it!!

#813 4 months ago

I was #394 for #3....lesson learned

#814 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Oh god it begins...
Ok screw it. List open!
https://stumblorpinball.com/products/tn4

Whew I timed it just right I am #7. Glad I just looked at this thread.

And Davey you suck (in a good way )

#815 4 months ago

hope you show your kids pics of the guys putting them through college. or at least pics of our game rooms.

#816 4 months ago

Alright, got on the list for #3 and #4. Thought I was going to be done with GZ mods but can't stop now. Got to complete the set!

#817 4 months ago

Stumblor - you should update the title of this thread or start new ones for the other buildings. I almost missed the updates on the new buildings because I thought this whole thread was just about the noodle bar one.

#818 4 months ago

Is my punchcard full yet? Shouldn’t the previous purchase of Neon 1-3 and the splitter qualify me for a free Neon #4???

#819 4 months ago

Of course I want on the list! WAIT, I never saw a list for #3. Put me on both!!!

#821 4 months ago

Davey, you are awesome!!!

Thanks for all the superb mods you make, excellent quality and really top notch!!

I put my name on list #25 for Tokyo 4 "middle building"

#822 4 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Stumblor - you should update the title of this thread or start new ones for the other buildings. I almost missed the updates on the new buildings because I thought this whole thread was just about the noodle bar one.

Yeaaah I know. It starts with just answering a few questions, and then just kinda snowballs. I appreciate that it makes it difficult to keep track of stuff.
Subway list will have its own thread as of tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure I had everything lined up for a proper reveal, rather than just some rough ideas and vague promises.

#823 4 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Davey, you are awesome!!!
Thanks for all the superb mods you make, excellent quality and really top notch!!
I put my name on list #25 for Tokyo 4 "middle building"

We're gonna need a better name than "middle building" aren't we !

#824 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yeaaah I know. It starts with just answering a few questions, and then just kinda snowballs. I appreciate that it makes it difficult to keep track of stuff.
Subway list will have its own thread as of tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure I had everything lined up for a proper reveal, rather than just some rough ideas and vague promises.

toyko 3.giftoyko 3.gif
#825 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Well its the Godzilla Multiball building according to the sign attached

#826 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Oh god it begins...
Ok screw it. List open!

Davey, my friend, you have a sickness and the only cure is more mods.

When Davey saw the breadth of his mod domain he wept, for there were no more pinball machines to modify.

*PS - I sent you a few more ideas.
**PSS - Also, the above Alexander the Great reference is best read in Alan Rickman's voice. (Benefits of a classical education)

#827 4 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

When Davey saw the breadth of his mod domain he wept, for there were no more pinball machines to modify.
**PSS - Also, the above Alexander the Great reference is best read in Alan Rickman's voice. (Benefits of a classical education)

Oh God No gif (resized).pngOh God No gif (resized).png
#828 4 months ago

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgiphy.com%2Fexplore%2Fno-god-please-no-no&psig=AOvVaw0gLumM0-bWyHD3qVztOn_S&ust=1705095122364000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBIQjRxqFwoTCJjmz72k1oMDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAT

#829 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Oh god it begins...
Ok screw it. List open!

Davey, when you make the godzilla topper add me to that list! LOL! whooooooooooo !

#830 4 months ago

pasted_imagecid:6126CC8A-E343-44FE-894B-11240ADE14A3 (resized).pngpasted_imagecid:6126CC8A-E343-44FE-894B-11240ADE14A3 (resized).png

I wish I could figure out how to add short movie .gifs like others on Pinside. All I could do was copy this. But basically elaborating on the pain in the wallet with all these great mods (and now maybe suggestions for others)

#831 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Both splitters can just be split further - with another splitter! The Inception of splitting.
The Splitter+ has 5A max, which is more than enough for everything, so if you run out of slots, you can just use the cheaper original splitter to add more ports.

This does not apply to me yet, but regarding chaining of splitters such as splitter+ and expanding with additional normal splitter in same game, are you able to sell just the short cable to link these two splitters in future?
I assume it is the same short cable going from (I think CN11 to splitter+/splitter), then additional splitter would be connected from last spot on 1st splitter to same position as 1st spot on 2nd splitter--I don't mean to make this so confusion sounding, but you probably get the idea.
Thanks!

#832 4 months ago

2 hours late and I am number 38 on the list for neon 4. Number 187 for Neon 3 Subway and number 777 for Neon 2 Noodle bar (681 sent so far). I might need to find another job to fund this real estate in Godzilla. LOL.

#833 4 months ago

As far as my wife is concerned, each of Davey’s mods have cost $100.

#834 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Oh god it begins...

Only the best of mod makers can pull that line off, with equal joy and dread.......

#835 4 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

[quoted image]
I wish I could figure out how to add short movie .gifs like others on Pinside. All I could do was copy this. But basically elaborating on the pain in the wallet with all these great mods (and now maybe suggestions for others)

When uploading the gif make sure to select PDF/GIF (no upscaling) in the dropdown. You'll be giffing like a champ!

It's all the free advice add ons that make this such a holistic mod experience

#836 4 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

This does not apply to me yet, but regarding chaining of splitters such as splitter+ and expanding with additional normal splitter in same game, are you able to sell just the short cable to link these two splitters in future?
I assume it is the same short cable going from (I think CN11 to splitter+/splitter), then additional splitter would be connected from last spot on 1st splitter to same position as 1st spot on 2nd splitter--I don't mean to make this so confusion sounding, but you probably get the idea.
Thanks!

Nah I gotcha! It's just a super simple 5P 2.54 cable. They're available on Ali but also happy to send you one if you need.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ejz76fF

5P double head reverse

#837 4 months ago

I'm confused is this for the middle building? Did I miss the subway? I thought the subway building was next. I hope I didn't miss the subway...

#838 4 months ago
Quoted from Haus7878:

I'm confused is this for the middle building? Did I miss the subway? I thought the subway building was next. I hope I didn't miss the subway...

Sign up for Subway has been there for a while - https://stumblorpinball.com/products/godzilla-subway-building-mod

Full announcement for Subway is tomorrow

Building 4 sign up is here - https://stumblorpinball.com/products/tn4

#839 4 months ago

subway has 466 people on the list despite no one even seeing the damn thing. At $300 that's $140k...pretty impressive.

#840 4 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

subway has 466 people on the list despite no one even seeing the damn thing. At $300 that's $140k...pretty impressive.

But based on pics of Noodle Bar and Neon Sign, it has to be great! Tomorrow is show time!! Woot Woot.

#841 4 months ago
Quoted from Haus7878:

Subway (#3) is the far left building. #4 is the middle one. Subway is next and #4 is the last.

#842 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Stumblor building.

#843 4 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Subway (#3) is the far left building. #4 is the middle one. Subway is next and #4 is the last.

I'm holding out hope for a Drake building upgrade!

#844 4 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I'm holding out hope for a Drake building upgrade!

Stumblor and Diddy did a great co-lab on the Drake Building. It was far easier to install than I thought it would be.

#845 4 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Stumblor and Diddy did a great co-lab on the Drake Building. It was far easier to install than I thought it would be.

Can't take credit for that one I'm afraid that was all Diddy, but it does match in well to the Tokyo Neon stuff that's for sure!

#846 4 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Stumblor building.

It shoudl be made of gold if so!!

#847 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

It shoudl be made of gold if so!!

Lol was gonna say is it a bank instead of a subway??

Quoted from stumblor:

Can't take credit for that one I'm afraid that was all Diddy, but it does match in well to the Tokyo Neon stuff that's for sure!

I ultimately passed on his building because although it adds some awesome sculpted sides, I can't really see the sides when I play and the subtle change to the sticker on the front didn't do much for me.

It would be great if someone (oh I don't know who), released a sticker, or thin magnet set (removable!) To go over the stock building which makes the art match your mods a bit more.

#848 4 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

That's because with Stumblor's mods there is never a question about quality of mod, ease of installation, standing 100% behind product, unparalleled customer service and just great GZ theme integration. So people are lined up before he even has a chance to show us anything....

#849 4 months ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

That's because with Stumblor's mods there is never a question about quality of mod, ease of installation, standing 100% behind product, unparalleled customer service and just great GZ theme integration. So people are lined up before he even has a chance to show us anything....

^^ this is exactly on point.. sight unseen, people line up as u know its gonna be worth it.

#850 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

^^ this is exactly on point.. sight unseen, people line up as u know its gonna be worth it.

Also unlike pin buying where you get hosed with nonrefundable deposits and transfer fees signing up for one of these mods is just a placeholder.

You are contacted when your spot comes up and if you pass it goes to the next one on the list. Thankfully I am in good spots on both lists so I will be happy to complete my purchases once my name is called. Davey makes fantastic mods and they look great in the game.

Now where is that post on the Subway you are 5 hours ahead of me lets roll out !

J/K post it when you are ready. Appreciate all your work.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 200.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 80.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greendale, WI
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-noodle-bar-building-mod-tokyo-neon-2/page/17?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.