(Topic ID: 331846)

Godzilla “Noodle Bar” Building mod (Tokyo Neon #2)

By stumblor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 874 posts
  • 386 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by CapeCodPin
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3002 (resized).JPG
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
pasted_imagecid:6126CC8A-E343-44FE-894B-11240ADE14A3 (resized).png
Oh God No gif (resized).png
toyko 3.gif
IMG_0335 (resized).png
MOD2 (resized).jpg
MOD3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_014623756 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_014640673 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Can you please explain how you "accidentally" spent $370 for something you already have?
p.s. I may be smoking the wrong stuff.

I think that he meant that he accidentally purchased an extra spike 2 power splitter boards.

#752 3 months ago

On the noodle bar, I am unable to get to the firmware update server. Atomic godzilla, and neon #1 work fine. Noodle attaches, but then gives an error about loading the page.

#753 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

On the noodle bar, I am unable to get to the firmware update server. Atomic godzilla, and neon #1 work fine. Noodle attaches, but then gives an error about loading the page.

Yes - sorry about that - there was a firmware download issue with one of the previous versions. This has now been fixed, but to get to the latest, you'll need to update using the file instead of downloading direct from the server. To do that, download the latest firmware from here:

https://github.com/Stumblor/firmware-updates/raw/main/NoodleBar/NoodleBar-firmware-20231101-v1.0.3.bin

Then go to

Web UI > Settings > Update Firmware > Enter Wifi details > Update from file

After doing that, you can then use the server method from then on.

#754 3 months ago

I cannot get my building to update firmware. It's been a nightmare.

I can navigate to the settings menu just fine, but when i enter my wifi details it simple reloads the page and says "please connect to you wifi by entering your wifi name and password" as if i didn't just fucking do that. I've tried creating hotspots and placing them directly on top of the building, i've tried connecting to routers, nothing is working.

Guess i'm stuck on firmware v0.0.1

If anyone wants to buy this pm me

#755 3 months ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

I can navigate to the settings menu just fine, but when i enter my wifi details it simple reloads the page and says "please connect to you wifi by entering your wifi name and password" as if i didn't just fucking do that. I've tried creating hotspots and placing them directly on top of the building, i've tried connecting to routers, nothing is working.

Try it in service mode

#756 3 months ago

service mode, not service mode. doesn't matter

#757 3 months ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

Sorry for the frustration. I had a related issue and was able to update the firmware from a file, per Davey’s instructions. Perform the update while in the service menu (with the coin door power interlock pulled to ensure uninterrupted power to the building)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-noodle-bar-building-mod-tokyo-neon-2/page/16#post-7869551

#758 3 months ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

The early firmware did have some issues when it came to connecting to wifi and the firmware server which we've since resolved - it sounds like you might not even be getting to the point of being able to update by file. Really sorry about that and the frustration its causing.

The easiest way to work through anything like this is to PM or email me, I make sure everyone is sorted either by working through the issue or sending out replacements if needs be. You won't be left behind.

#759 3 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

The early firmware did have some issues when it came to connecting to wifi and the firmware server which we've since resolved - it sounds like you might not even be getting to the point of being able to update by file. Really sorry about that and the frustration its causing.
The easiest way to work through anything like this is to PM or email me, I make sure everyone is sorted either by working through the issue or sending out replacements if needs be. You won't be left behind.

Is there any reason to upgrade from 1.02 to 1.03? What is the difference?

#760 3 months ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Is there any reason to upgrade from 1.02 to 1.03? What is the difference?

Literally only the firmware download fix - which wasn't working in certain situations. No other changes.

#761 3 months ago

My order number came up last night....looks like I'll have a new mod in time for under the Christmas tree.

#762 3 months ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

My order number came up last night....looks like I'll have a new mod in time for under the Christmas tree.

Me too(got mine a week or 2 ago)and hopefully I will find time to put it on in July during plant shutdown.

#763 3 months ago

Davey:

Is this mod still available?

#764 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Davey:

List is still open here:
https://stumblorpinball.com/products/noodle

#765 3 months ago

680 sent already to happy Godzilla owners! I am at 777 so almost another 100 to go before I am happy too. LOL.

Now looking for the update on the other 2 back buildings.

#766 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Davey:

Yep - and just extended the run to an additional 200 units. We have about 100 more to do in the initial run, before we shift onto Area 51, but will be coming back to do the rest in a few months time.

Quoted from Tophervette:

680 sent already to happy Godzilla owners! I am at 777 so almost another 100 to go before I am happy too. LOL.
Now looking for the update on the other 2 back buildings.

You should be hearing from us very soon! More than likely during this run.

Subway Building (Tokyo Neon #3) to be demoed in the next few weeks.

#767 3 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yep - and just extended the run to an additional 200 units. We have about 100 more to do in the initial run, before we shift onto Area 51, but will be coming back to do the rest in a few months time.

You should be hearing from us very soon! More than likely during this run.
Subway Building (Tokyo Neon #3) to be demoed in the next few weeks.

Building 3 demo... yes!!

#768 3 months ago

The building full of noodles has arrived! Hearts a poundin, hands a sweatin...Tools at the ready.

Just a thought of mine, can you imagine an entire pinball machine done by Davey??? THAT, would truly be a sight to Stumble over.

#769 86 days ago

Is there a Tokyo Neon 3 thread ? I am pretty sure I am on the list but I have a whole box of GZ mods awaiting the final building for the backbox.

#770 85 days ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Is there a Tokyo Neon 3 thread ? I am pretty sure I am on the list but I have a whole box of GZ mods awaiting the final building for the backbox.

He hasn’t made a thread for it yet; but, he does have the Subway (left building) up for preorder on his site and mentioned he’s getting closer to finalizing the design for it.

Also, that’s only 2 of the 3 back wall buildings. He still has the center building to go. The more the merrier.

#772 84 days ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Quoted from jedimastermatt:

He hasn’t made a thread for it yet; but, he does have the Subway (left building) up for preorder on his site and mentioned he’s getting closer to finalizing the design for it.
Also, that’s only 2 of the 3 back wall buildings. He still has the center building to go. The more the merrier.

Super close, just waiting on the final circuit boards and cables to arrive which should be sometime over the next few days. I've also got a new Lolly postlight kit for Foo Fighters ready to demo, the lighting upgrades to Area 51 AAAaand the final BKSOR furnace upgrade waiting to film as well. Bonkers.

#773 84 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Super close, just waiting on the final circuit boards and cables to arrive which should be sometime over the next few days. I've also got a new Lolly postlight kit for Foo Fighters ready to demo, the lighting upgrades to Area 51 AAAaand the final BKSOR furnace upgrade waiting to film as well. Bonkers.

Whoo hoo.. looking forward to the Subway building reveal!!

2 weeks later
#774 65 days ago

Installed the noodle bar today, looks great. I did notice when you start a godzilla Vs battle the back buildings light up from left to right when the game says, "godzilla vs ____" however the noodlebar doesnt light up. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? Maybe wrong GI sense bulb?

#775 64 days ago
Quoted from Edan:

Installed the noodle bar today, looks great. I did notice when you start a godzilla Vs battle the back buildings light up from left to right when the game says, "godzilla vs ___" however the noodlebar doesnt light up. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? Maybe wrong GI sense bulb?

The buildings being lit like that would be activated by the flashers, which currently has no bulb in it for noodle bar. You could try adding the bulb back in, although I'm not sure what effect that would have as I've never tried it.

Alternatively, you could GI sense the flasher instead of the white GI, but again, that would mean the building would be off more than its on I think. I have some larger bulb adapters though if you'd like to try it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#776 64 days ago

Noodle bar mod is all installed. Looking forward to get the UFO mod in the coming weeks.

PXL_20231223_014623756 (resized).jpgPXL_20231223_014623756 (resized).jpgPXL_20231223_014640673 (resized).jpgPXL_20231223_014640673 (resized).jpg
#777 63 days ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

Noodle bar mod is all installed. Looking forward to get the UFO mod in the coming weeks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

what building mod is that?

#778 63 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

what building mod is that?

The other mods are from "Diddy's": https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1310-diddy-s-pinball-mods-/by-game/2986-godzilla-pro

The center building is discontinued, however there is a new version for the premium/LE machines. (There's a pinside thread on it.)

The other building, bridge, towers and plane are still available.

#779 60 days ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

Whoa, that Pro is crammed with almost every mod available. Any regrets you didn't just spend those $$$ and get a premium instead?

#780 60 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Whoa, that Pro is crammed with almost every mod available. Any regrets you didn't just spend those $$$ and get a premium instead?

Some of us prefer the pro over the premium

#781 60 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Mine is pretty close to his and I have no regrets. As far as game play I have pros and cons on both version that is pretty much a wash but feel mine looks way nicer than your average premium.

#782 59 days ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

Some of us prefer the pro over the premium

I've heard that claim from a few others. Curious as to why? The Pro plays so differently, especially due to the static building.

#783 59 days ago

I bought the premium mostly because of the moving building. Similar to 1992 Bally Doctor Who.

#784 58 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I readily admit that the the amount of mods in a pro is over top and I sometimes wonder if I shoulda got a premium. But the premiums weren't available at the time I got my pro, I like the continuity of the mods across the pro, with the moving building I find the mods available for it don't look as nice. The bridge mod for the pro is consistent with the bridge seen in the gameplay animations.

The next things to add will be the Atomic Godzilla, Stumblor UFO, the eventual Tokyo neon #3, speaker lights and at this point should also get a topper.

The important thing is I like playing the game and I enjoy the mods I've added and this machine will be around for a long time.

#785 57 days ago

Thanks for the reply about my question, wanted to make sure I installed correctly. Looks great with the tokyo neon sign, cant wait for the subway building!

#786 56 days ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

I've heard that claim from a few others. Curious as to why? The Pro plays so differently, especially due to the static building.

I really hated the bridge. The destruction "animation" is boring and loud. Also, prefer the mechgodzilla shot on the pro even though its obviously a tad more difficult. I do like the building moving but over time I'm sure I'll prefer the lack of maintenance on the pro.

#787 50 days ago

Finally got a chance to install this today had it for some time

Install was straightforward and not difficult. Only minor issue was just getting the mounting screws to line up on the brackets but even that wasn’t a big deal just annoying.

Sign looks great and is a massive improvement over the original. Obviously not as game changing as the Tokyo sign but still worth it and a must have for my game.

Thank you Davey for the excellent mod and I look forward to the Subway sign. Hope you have some pics of it soon.

#788 46 days ago

Define "super close" , cannot wait.

Please ensure compatibility with the different Godzilla mods around if possible atomic or interactive

Cheers, Etienne

#789 46 days ago
Quoted from etien:

Define "super close" , cannot wait.
Please ensure compatibility with the different Godzilla mods around if possible atomic or interactive
Cheers, Etienne

Super close as in Tokyo Neon #3 (Subway) to be announced this Friday, with full pictures and videos! Woot!

I talk with all the other main GZ mod producers (Jazzbouche, TDiddy, Strummy, J85M etc) to make sure we are compatible with each other. The splitters I produce were designed to ensure they had plenty of scope for expansion also. We are golden.

#790 46 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Super close as in Tokyo Neon #3 (Subway) to be announced this Friday, with full pictures and videos! Woot!
I talk with all the other main GZ mod producers (Jazzbouche, TDiddy, Strummy, J85M etc) to make sure we are compatible with each other. The splitters I produce were designed to ensure they had plenty of scope for expansion also. We are golden.

i am very excited to add this new building to "skyline" start 2024 off right!

#791 46 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Can’t wait! The neon sign and noodle bar mods are such a massive improvement!

#792 46 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I want it I want it I want it LOL!

But you are killing my wallet no worries though. Keep up the amazing work!!

#793 46 days ago

I am glad I got on the Subway Bldg list early. I am looking forward to its reveal also. I was late getting on the Noodle Bldg list and still wanting and waiting. The Sign and UFO saucer with Lollipop swirlies made the game look awesome already. I am glad all these Mods are compatible. More please.

MOD2 (resized).jpgMOD2 (resized).jpgMOD3 (resized).jpgMOD3 (resized).jpg
#794 46 days ago

stumblor when I checked your list on your website for the Subway mod I don’t see my name. But I remember on the thread you added me as one of the first sign ups. Can you please verify for me if I’m on the list for Neon #3? Thanks!

#795 46 days ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I am glad I got on the Subway Bldg list early. I am looking forward to its reveal also. I was late getting on the Noodle Bldg list and still wanting and waiting. The Sign and UFO saucer with Lollipop swirlies made the game look awesome already. I am glad all these Mods are compatible. More please.

Thanks for the great pics, and I think I'm going to have to rename those post lights "Lollypop Swirlies".... love it!

#796 46 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

stumblor when I checked your list on your website for the Subway mod I don’t see my name. But I remember on the thread you added me as one of the first sign ups. Can you please verify for me if I’m on the list for Neon #3? Thanks!

Hey just checked and you're at position #6, which is also pulled up when I check on the website (using LeMansFan) could you confirm please what you entered on the website so I can check everything is working properly?

#797 46 days ago

stumblor

Sent you an email about your Afterglow stuff - is this meant to replace the populer GI OCD and LED OCD boards?

#798 46 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Hey just checked and you're at position #6, which is also pulled up when I check on the website (using LeMansFan) could you confirm please what you entered on the website so I can check everything is working properly?

Strange… But thank you for confirming!

IMG_0335 (resized).pngIMG_0335 (resized).png
#799 46 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Strange… But thank you for confirming![quoted image]

That's the weirdest thing :-/

#800 46 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

The splitter is super smart. One weird thing is that when it's all done, I will have 4 webservers under my playfield. (not counting pop bumper, heat ray, atomic gz, whatever, not sure if those work the same) Have to configure all of them independently.

Have you thought about developing an infrastructure that you can connect to 1 mod can control all 4(or 7!) mods? And have "apply to all" settings, and maybe some presets where all the mods can work cohesively together?

I'll be honest I haven't touched the settings on my scoop sign since i put it in since it's kind of cumbersome. I can't imagine going through it for 4 mods just to update colors or whatever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Attleboro, MA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy
Toppers
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS
(Alt) Translites
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wimberley, TX
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 874 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-noodle-bar-building-mod-tokyo-neon-2/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.